1.    #1  
    When I am on a speakerphone call the volume, as has been discussed here is low. That's not really my issue here. The speakerphone volume drops out completely when the screen dims down to the second level. It still shows speakerphone but the volume is now through the ear speaker. If I Cancel Spkr. then re-enable it the volume again comes on back through the speaker phone and stays there. Any one else experience this? I searched before I posted and found nothing so I was hoping someone else could test this. This seems to happen whether I dial from speed dial or from the keypad. Thanks.
    MRL-MO
    Someone posted part of the development manual that described how the headset jack worked. It has some active impedance sensing in it to do the right thing.

Try inserting and removing a headset plug a few times and see if anything changes.

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by mlemke
    When I am on a speakerphone call the volume, as has been discussed here is low. That's not really my issue here. The speakerphone volume drops out completely when the screen dims down to the second level. It still shows speakerphone but the volume is now through the ear speaker. If I Cancel Spkr. then re-enable it the volume again comes on back through the speaker phone and stays there. Any one else experience this? I searched before I posted and found nothing so I was hoping someone else could test this. This seems to happen whether I dial from speed dial or from the keypad. Thanks.
    I've been noticing the same behavior the past few days with my Scala Bluetooth headset. When I first answer a call, the volume is plenty loud, but it drops substantially in volume about 10 seconds into the call. I haven't been watching the display, but I'm betting that this coincides with the display dimming during a call. The time interval seems about right.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks. I'll try the headset trick when I get near one. Since I bought the Scala I put my wired headset in the desk at home. Don't carry one when I travel any longer. I have not noticed the same behavior with the Scala just the speakerphone. I'll post my results when done.
    MRL-MO