1.    #1  
    Why is it that Earthlink has zero support for the Palm OS. AOL has a new program out for the email access on the PALM. But Earthlink choses instead to release Airmail for Blackberry devices. Come on, Earthlink is the 1 rated ISP and second largest. I urge you to contact Earthlink and request support for setting up Earthlink email on the Palm and for Earthlink to develop programs for the Palm. Specifically an email program and a local number lookup program.
    Does Earthlink have it's own e-mail format? I subscribe to Earthlink, but when I set it up, it installed IE and Outlook. I sync my mail just like all the other outlook users with few problems. I'm just not sure what you're looking for here...

------------------
    Built for comfort, not for speed...
  3.    #3  
    The PC side of Earthlink works great. Its the problems of setting it up on the palm pilot that I am having that is driving me nuts. It would be great if they would develop a program for Earthlink users to check their email on the Palm pilot and provide the closest phone number for remote hookups when using the palm.
    I'm not sure what the problem is. I get email from 3 different names funneled through my earthlink account and use it to grab email off my server at work. All through MultiMail and the Handspring modem. I lso sync AvantGo through them. Pretty fast too!

See "Free Internet Access" in the "Off Topic" discussion section.
    http://discussion.visorcentral.com/F...ML/000233.html
    I think I'm reading your gripe correctly but since I'm saying "I think", it isn't entirely clear to this Earthlink user...

Why is it that Earthlink has zero support for the Palm OS. AOL has a new program out for the email access on the PALM.
    Ahh.... is it that you wish Earthlink to have a program similar to Power Media's PocketFlash? Remember-- PocketFlash wasn't developed by AOL; another company wrote that program. Your beef here shouldn't be with Earthlink. It should be with PocketFlash and other developers.

And since Earthlink uses messaging standards (POP3), the products for this already exists for the PalmOS, providing you have the proper Palm device and/or accessory.

As for Earthlink "support" as a whole, that can be debated; but there is section for Palm Organizer support on the Earthlink site.

But Earthlink choses instead to release Airmail for Blackberry devices.
    Well-- they've partnered with RIM to determine if the service works-- hence the pilot program (no pun intended). Limited to 500 members.

Now, there can be a separate beef about using Blackberry technology and/or the adoption of Palm and its partners on wireless E-Mail connectivity solutions.

Come on, Earthlink is the 1 rated ISP and second largest. I urge you to contact Earthlink and request support for setting up Earthlink email on the Palm and for Earthlink to develop programs for the Palm.
    I'll admit that their Palm support page could be better-- it has the same instructions as Palm does for "synchronizing" mail with your desktop mailer. I would suggest that they give similiar instructions like they do with their Linux section.

Specifically an email program and a local number lookup program.
    An intergrated PalmOS app that allowed you to read your POP3 email and also look up Earthlink's POP numbers sounds like a nice idea. And it probably would do what the Windows software does today: Suck down the entire list and filter it locally.

But since E-Mail apps for your Palm are here, how about just getting the dialin numbers from the Earhlink site on your PC and convert it over to your Palm? Granted, you'd be doing some work instead of Earthlink and would have to check periodically on the PC side but you'd be able to get that functionality today instead of waiting for Earthlink to do it...

..which may not occur for some time, if the current trend of wireless PDA connectivity continues.

7.    #7  
    Ok, maybe I am going off a bit here. But AOL does have there own Palm Software Developed by AOL. I just wish that Earthlink would do the same. My version of Multimail works great too, but I don't see the reason to pay that much for a software program. Thats why I am trying to get Eudoras EIS programs (its free and synchs with my Eudora on the Desktop) to work with my Visor and Thincom modem. Unfortunately calling earthlink has not been fruitful in my efforts as they don't seem to have any support for setting up any specific email programs for the palm os. Sure Multimail works great and I have copied their setting to try with Eudora, but Eudora is still not working quite right ( a seperate topic in support and software, and yes i have contacted Eudora about the problem as well). I would just like to see Earthlink go the extra step and if we send enough email to them, I think they would see the demand for it.