1.    #1  
    Has anyone who is using DUN on a Cingular network checked with CS or on the Cingular website to see if they are being charged by the KB?

Also,
    What data plan do you have?
    Are you just surfing websites or are you downloading large files?
    When is your billing cycle over so we can know for sure?

I'm getting ready to try it out for myself.

Thanks!
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    The only time I've been charged by the KB so far is during a one-week period when I tried one of there metered data plans (5MB limit). I was charged when I went over the limit, as expected. I'm on MediaWorks now, and haven't been charged for per-kb data use for the past two billing cycles. I surf the web and check email, I haven't used DUN to download large files, just small-to-medium-sized files from the web.
  3.    #3  
    Anyone else had any experience?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    On the Cingular Blue unlimited $24.99 data plan I get surcharged whenever I tunnel into my company's intranet, but not for any other activity. I have no experience with Cingular Orange, so I can't help you with that. It seems like Cingular is trying to bring some degree of consistency to the two sides of the house, though, so it may be the same story there.
    I'm still new with Cingular. Although I do BT DUN I don't use it excessively. I have the unlimited MEdia Works for $19.99-- locked on it shortly before the plans changed. So, I don't expect to be charged for excess data usage. With my GSM PPC Phone, all I gotta do is swap SIMs and get full web access, instead of thesimplistic wap media net.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    With my GSM PPC Phone, all I gotta do is swap SIMs and get full web access, instead of thesimplistic wap media net.
    You swap your SIM from a T650 or another phone to your PPC phone?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    you can swap SIMs between any two GSM phones. If they are locked they have to be Cingular. If they are unlocked they can be from different carriers. I don't have a T65o anymore. I chose to stick with WM2003 OS.