The speaker in my Sprint T600 died this AM. I snapped a couple of pics and noticed that it didn't make that cool picture noise and then discovered I couldn't get any noises. If I put the headphone adapter in, it made noise for a half a sec or so and then stopped. I bet its a short in the headphone jack. Kinda sux...

Anyway, I have been with Sprint for years and got my Treo 600 for a nominal cost as I traded in my Treo 300 for it. I asked Sprint (before the 600 broke) to let me trade in my 600 toward a 650 and they said no. Well, they offered like $50 for my 600, which is in effect a no. Anyway, I called the retentions dept this AM and asked them to consider swapping it out now since my 600 is broken and again they said no. I called the local sprint store (Gaithersburg, MD) and the store manager said no too.

There's another thread on this very topic on the board whereby some folks are having success getting an upgrade to a 650. Clearly I'm doing something wrong or not getting to the right folks as I can't seem to get anyone to even consider swapping the 600 for a 650 (and I don't care if its refurb'ed)...

Does anyone have any suggestions? Are the employees at the Rockville store more accomodating?