View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with your Treo 650?

Voters
267. You may not vote on this poll
  • VERY SATISFIED: only minor issues, if any.

151 56.55%
  • SOMEWHAT SATISFIED: a few issues that I can live with.

74 27.72%
  • SOMEWHAT DISSATISFIED: a few major issues.

23 8.61%
  • VERY DISSATISFIED: several major issues.

12 4.49%
  • My 650 has been RETURNED to its place of purchase.

7 2.62%
  • My 650 was sent in to be REPLACED.

6 2.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    With the many strongly negative posts and few strongly positive posts (really, that's human nature) I am having a difficult time determining where people are as a whole with regard to their experiences with the Treo 650. Therefore, how about a poll?

If you sent in your Treo for replacement, please indicate this and describe the problems you were experiencing and the eventual outcome.
    I love it and as with all new devices am willing to work with the issues it has for now until things get better.....
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I love it and I don't have any *major* issues.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Yes, I'm very satisfied.

Is it perfect? No. Did it take more effort to get it set up the way I want it than it should? Probably. Did Palm miss the boat on some features / design choices? Absolutely. Am I annoyed I had to spend money on 3rd party software to add features that Palm should have built it? You bet.

But even with all that said, I think it's the best converged smart phone / pda device available. I love the fact that I only have to carry one device, instead of a PDA and separate cell phone, and that I only have to maintain 1 address book / phone list. I love being able to check and send email or read web sites from almost anywhere, on a decent sized (and bright & sharp) screen. And don't let anyone tell you a 10-key phone keyboard is as good as the full Qwerty keyboard on a 650, no matter what fancy software the device has.

There are better PDAs, and there are better cell phones. I don't think there's anything that does a better job of combinging the two into a small, pocketable, easy to use form.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Love it! Have worked through, or working through what ever quirks exist. Finding work arounds and fixes are, at least for me, part of the charm of Handspring, now Pa1mOne devices.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    Looks like the silent majority is finally speaking out .

The Treo 650 alright with me. Glad I upgraded from the T600.
    i'm very satisfied with mine. only have had a few soft resets.

my only quirk is the crippled BT, not integrating mp3 ringtones, and voicedialing.

but i understand its a business and making us purchase these add-ons helps the developers.
    I love my 650 so far, knock on wood. I consider myself lucky and I'm taking things slow. Today/tonight I will finally install uninstall manager and after that I'll start putting some software on it. I've had 2 resets and it froze on me once requiring a soft reset so it's not perfect but I think I know what happened in each case and it's always come back on and worked no problem afterwards. I really love web browsing, email and phone integration with contacts and calander and I was surprised by the size (it's smaller than I thought it would be,) the screen (it's brighter and more crisp than I thought it would be,) and the keyboard (which is easier to type on than I thought it would be.) I'm also amazed at how easy one-handed operation is.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my unit continues to perform and I remain happy because after what I spent on it my wife will kill me if I start complaining.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Love it!
    Out of the box the Treo 650 was the biggest piece of Palm trash I've seen. I wanted to put my fist through it and **** on the device in anger. If it wasn't for the outstanding help and information located here the POS would be going right back to Sprint with an ear-full of rage for the CSR. After removing the PalmOne shovelware that they inflicted the Treo with stability and operability suddenly increased. Now what really pisses me off is having to purchase all these additional applications to allow the Treo 650 to be usuable and provide the features PalmOne advertised. Snappermail, for example, so I can check my email. BTMute so the volume is actually worth a damn. Shadowmite's Voice Quality patch, Rom #5 to remove Versamail, the full featured Email client with a bonus ability to spontaneous reboot your phone.

The Treo 650 is great if you've got 7 days to dedicate to research, customization, software installation, ROM "hacking", and patience. If you expect it to work out of the box you may want to save the money and just have your friend drop-kick you in the balls; the experience would be the same.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    love it
    mt
    Cant live without it.
    <center>Ultimate portal
    www.WebOnYourCell.com
    Bada ba ba baaaaaa...I'm lovin' it.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    Out of the box the Treo 650 was the biggest piece of Palm trash I've seen. I wanted to put my fist through it and **** on the device in anger. If it wasn't for the outstanding help and information located here the POS would be going right back to Sprint with an ear-full of rage for the CSR. After removing the PalmOne shovelware that they inflicted the Treo with stability and operability suddenly increased. Now what really pisses me off is having to purchase all these additional applications to allow the Treo 650 to be usuable and provide the features PalmOne advertised. Snappermail, for example, so I can check my email. BTMute so the volume is actually worth a damn. Shadowmite's Voice Quality patch, Rom #5 to remove Versamail, the full featured Email client with a bonus ability to spontaneous reboot your phone.

The Treo 650 is great if you've got 7 days to dedicate to research, customization, software installation, ROM "hacking", and patience. If you expect it to work out of the box you may want to save the money and just have your friend drop-kick you in the balls; the experience would be the same.

LOL !!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I have a few issues that I can live with, however I wish that wasn't called "somewhat satisfied". To me I'm very satisfied despite the few issues that I can live with.
    NO problems here as well.
    I chose the somewhat satisfied, but that could easily change if a patch addresses a few things like making bluetooth dun more stable, fixes filesystem limitations, fixes a few bugs discovered, and minimizes resets. Those things are pretty minor, tho, as I have reasonable workarounds. I just wish the device would display an error message rather than reset itself.
    No major issues. Worth the upgrade from the 600.
    Chris

Evolution: PalmPilot > Palm Vx > Visor Prism > iPaq 3955 > iPaq 4155 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
    I love my 650 and any problems it has have mainly been caused by me. It could be a bit more stable but I think most issues are due to the complexity of the technology and the overall age of the OS. I'm a gadget and Palm freak and the 650 has no problems that make it a deal-breaker for me.
    As with all romances...we have our fights....bluetooth, no voice dialing, resets.....but we're both committed
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast