Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ok, so what if we don't solve it, but work around it...

Anyone good with MIDI? It seems we could make a MIDI alarm that was silent, merge it with the standard Alarms and set the offending apps to alarm silent.

Sound good? I have the software to merge MIDI files into the alarms, but I don't know how to make a MIDI file.
    I believe that there is a flag set in your "Saved Preferences." When I first migrated from my Palm IIIx to my Prism, I had no double alarms, but after accidentally invoking DateBk+ one day I started geting them and could NOT get rid of them, even after hard resets and reloads.

The way I was finally able to get rid of them was to do another hard reset, but before restoring I replaced Saved_Preferences.PRC with the version that I had kept from my last IIIx backup. Worked like a charm - no double alarms and no need to use the stub. (This is on OS 3.5.2H1.2)

So, if you have a backup of Saved_Preferences from before you started getting doubles, try restoring it. If you don't have a backup, you might try removing Saved_Preferences.PRC from your backup directory before doing a full restore - sure, you'll lose some custom setings elswhere, but you might just lose those damned double alarms, too!
    Originally posted by IanP
    thought I'd installed PocketMirror® 3.0.2 Standard Update but the file list in Pocket Mirror Settings > About shows 3.0??!?!?!?!
    After installation of PocketMirror 3.0.2, my Chapura Settings About box shows CCMgr at 1.0.5 and the five PocketMirror DLLs all at 3.0.2
    Any other ideas how to stop these double Alarms ?
    Despite my statement(s) above, my current thinking on the subject is that if you AVOID EVER going into the ROM datebook or datebook+ you will NOT get dual alarms?

Mike
    Originally posted by dequardo
    Despite my statement(s) above, my current thinking on the subject is that if you AVOID EVER going into the ROM datebook or datebook+ you will NOT get dual alarms?
    That's the way it was for me. I never had double alarms until I inadvertently went into DB+ one day, then I was unable to get rid of them until I restored Saved_Preferences to before that date. I believe that a flag get set in there when you first run one of the inbuilt apps, which is subsequently backed up in Saved_Peferences and restored even after a hard reset.
    Both the Outlook and the Datebook/Datebook+ theories seem to hold water. Both have been put to Iambic ... no response in terms of a solution.

So where are all the hackers out there. If we're correct and a flag in the saved preferences is being altered, surely a little app can be run once then removed from the palm which corrects the flag.

Further, would I be correct in thinking the initial install of AN already actually does this???
    I agree but would rather have Iambic just solve this. Their support seems spotty. It is very good at times then they are silent for stretches.

Mike
    Where did you find this version? I've rechecked their site and can only find 4.0c.

When I look at what's installed on my Visor, it's called 4.0c,s1

Thanks!
    FYI, I sent Iambic a ROM copy of my Platinum in their attempt to troubleshoot this further. Tech Support agrees that invoking the ROM datebook/s MAY be the cause. Stay tuned.

Mike
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12