1.    #1  
    I may get my son, who lives in China and uses att in us, china mobile in PRC, and something else in HK, an att 650 for his bday this monday. But can it be unlocked?

ATT says no, but that unlock codes can be bought on the internet. But that may void warranty.

Can someone give me a quick how and whether worth it? He goes back to PRC next sat, so no time to purchase an unlocked from treo, plus att price is discounted because of use.

Help? Quick? Anyone want to sell their unlocked 600 and ship overnight? Would that be better?
    I am about to put my 600 unlocked up on ebay with all of my accessories. PM me if you are interested.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Iam selling my factory unlocked Treo 600 interested pm me
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I tried getting the att 650 unlocked for a while but same answer "we do not give subsidy codes " had buyers remorse and returning it back had it with att treo 650 ...:-(
  5.    #5  
    No one told me whether or not u really can go to internet and get unlock codes.
    attws is pain in the ***, they never gives out subsidy code, even after you're out of contract with them
    buying high end phones with them is just like buying a soon-to-be door stopper
    unless you unlocked it yourself of course
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Quote Originally Posted by BaliHai
    No one told me whether or not u really can go to internet and get unlock codes.
    If you know you need it unlocked right out of the gate why not buy the unlocked version from P1? Why buy the locked ATT model and go through the trouble (and possible warrenty voiding) of trying to unlock that?

As far as I know no one has yet to come up with a way to universally unlock a locked GSM 650. Some Cingular customers have been able to unlock their phones by telling Cingular that they're travelling and obtaining a special unlock code that is bound to their phone and their phone only. While there were reports of a universal unlock code it appears to not work. It's probably that eventually someone will figure out how to unlock the 650's but you don't know how long you'll have to wait for that happen or how much it'll cost to get get done so again my suggestion is just buy the unlocked version from P1 direct.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  8.    #8  
    Was trying to get an unlocked 650 in a day or two, so my son could take back to China this sat. Palm said 2 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BaliHai
    Was trying to get an unlocked 650 in a day or two, so my son could take back to China this sat. Palm said 2 weeks.
    Understood. The problem is I don't think (unless ATT will do it for you and by all accounts they don't budge on this issue) you'd be able to unlock an ATT 650 in a day or two . I don't think you'd be able to unlock one in a week or two. (Although who knows, tomorrow someone could post a method. All I know is no one has done it yet.)

The 650s seem to be readily available in Hong Kong, maybe you could give your son a "coupon" (ie a cheque) to pick one up for himself when he returns. Also if you live near a P1 store they might have one in stock as opposed to waiting 2 weeks for an online order to ship.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers