Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, let me start out by saying that one of my roles at my job is wireless/handheld device testing/evaluation so I've had the opportunity to work with a lot of handheld devices, only on the PPC side though...

Me buying a Treo 300 about 2 months ago was my 1st venture into the palm world. I quickly fell in love with the T300 but wanted better performance, mp3, etc, I was luckily upgraded to the T600 after a broken flip on my T300. I was surprised at how much it was an improvement over the T300! I loved that thing! the only thing that was missing for me was the screen, we all know even though it was better than the T300's it sucked...Needless to say I was in amazement when I saw the screen on the T650!

That's where all the Trouble started...

Needless to I order a T650, I then came here to read about it and saw all the horrible problems people were having!

I canceled my order IMMEDIATELY but after further research I found that there were a lot of people claim their phones were fine, being as how I was so infatuated with the screen of the T650 (I could careless about BT right now..) I decided with give the T650 a try and bought one from the Sprint store, being that I'm tech savvy I was able to load and migrate all my data to the T650 with no problems, I have no resets after hotsyncs and no random reboots, a good "p" key...basically I have what people call on here a "Good" one. Well I had no idea a good one meant this: FRAK!

The problem is the people with the "good" phones don't list how annoying the UI problems are that almost make you want to throw the phone through the wall! The one that is really pissing me off is the delay going to call log, placing a call etc, (CDMA) and thinking that you didn't press the button hard enough and hang up the call, or dial a call you didn't want to! Ohh yeah, another annoying thing when i get an incoming call and it shows the caller ID, I answer then say "hello" then RING!! RING!! WTF? I look at the phone and it then says incoming call "No caller ID", answer again then it picks up!

The bottom line here folks, this phone is still in beta! This should have never been released in current state it's in. What we have here is the folks palm QA didn't do their job and kick the phone back to the developers to fix the flaws and the phone was marketed to Sprint. This is where my counterpart at Sprint should have found all these bugs and the phone should have been rejected and pushed back to P1 until they resolved the issues. Now how could something like this happen? MONEY!

Well I'm gonna say what the fanboys won't say and what others are scared too...

THE TREO 650 IN IT'S *CURRENT STATE* IS: JUNK!

I would advise anyone looking to upgrade to hold off till the problems are fixed, the T650 has some significant upgrades to the hardware but unless you have some needs for the features such as bluetooth don't do it, before you ask why don't I go back to my T600, I'm now stuck with my T650 as I've sold my 600 , though I don't think I could go back to the low res screen...
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    If the Treo 650 meets your current needs then keep it. If not send it back.

I don't have the problems you are experiencing, and don't think my phone is junk. If I had the problems you are having, I'd be pissed too. Each person's situation is different. The only person that can determine whether the phone is good or not is the person that buys it.
    I do not agree with you at all.
    My 1 week old GSM treo with Tmobile is ROCK SOLID .
    No problems so far .
    I do not , again do not experience any delays .
    I am not biased. I was a T650 basher for last 3 months. It seems that this is definitely a better upgrade than T300 and T600.
    I have downloaded a number of apps without any problems you mentioned
    "This is the best Treo ever.".

--------------------------------------------------
    Eagerly waiting for my first reset.
  4.    #4  
    I'm happy that some are having good luck with their phones, but are you guys saying you don't have ANY of the problems listed on the other thread I posted?
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
    I'm happy that some are having good luck with their phones, but are you guys saying you don't have ANY of the problems listed on the other thread I posted?
    I don't have any of the problems you are reporting right now, and any resets I've had seem to be tied directly to ChatterEmail in SSL mode. Now granted, I have the unlocked GSM version.
    Sheesh. I am so tired of reading all these 650-bashing posts. I am sure some folks have real problems ... but to take a bunch od ofher peoples issues, shake them out, repackage them and call them your own is simply tedious. I waited 4 months to buy a 650 and now I don't really remember why. I had my Sprint 600 14 months and loved it. Now I love my 650 even more. The screen is absolutely incredible. And the keyboard is even MORE incredible, if that is possible. The keys are such an improvement over the Treo 600 it isn't even funny. The camera is much better too. I am still getting used to the new speed dial/favorites being "hooked" onto the bottom of the phone dialpad - that is a little weird. And I miss not being able to launch the camera from the 5-way control buttons ... but such minor issues really. I have not had any resets or issues. Maybe I will, . . . but this is a handheld computer and we forget that computers have problems sometimes. Especially when we are upgrading.
    To those of you considering a new Treo 650 - - don't wait. It is an amazing phone and I hope you love yours as much as I love mine.
    :-)
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    It's day two for me and the phone has been fine so far. I have the GSM unlocked and don't have any delays at all. The only problem I have with the phone is the Contacts that it comes stock with is a piece of crap. Absolutely the worse I have ever seen and I would say that even those cheapie Sharp organizers are laid out better.

Other than that it's been working great.
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    You know the ones who do not have problems are not reporting as frequently compared to ones who do .
    Lot of panicky , whinny threads ...
    You ought to try Unlocked ones .They seem to be less buggy it seems .
    All I can say is that I'm glad I did not listen to the "don't do it" posters. My Sprint T650 works fine for me and I'm glad I upgraded.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    I am sure some folks have real problems ... but to take a bunch od ofher peoples issues, shake them out, repackage them and call them your own is simply tedious.
    Of coarse there are real problems with the T650, if not there wouldn't be a stiky on this forum about it, and shadowmite wouldn't release patches..

I never repackaged any one else's issues and called them mine, you need to re-read my post, I stated the problems *I* had and linked others..like I said in my OP, I don't have the major problems like daily resets, etc...

The screen is absolutely incredible. And the keyboard is even MORE incredible, if that is possible. The keys are such an improvement over the Treo 600 it isn't even funny. The camera is much better too. I am still getting used to the new speed dial/favorites being "hooked" onto the bottom of the phone dialpad - that is a little weird. And I miss not being able to launch the camera from the 5-way control buttons ...
    I agree 100%

To those of you considering a new Treo 650 - - don't wait. It is an amazing phone and I hope you love yours as much as I love mine.
    :-)
    I don't agree...

I love my 650 and it is a very stable platform the way I have it setup.
    So there.
    Two Treo 650s in my household.........very satisfied customers, will recommend it to anyone who is looking for a smartphone.

Is Treo 650 perfect? Of course NOT. Nothing is.

By the way, is your unbiased truth as unbiased as my unbiased truth?
    You know the ones who do not have problems are not reporting as frequently compared to ones who do .
    SoufSidah09, I'm sorry you're having problems with your Treo. I've had my unlocked T650 on T-Mo for 12 days now, and have not had a single problem with it. Aside from being a bit disappointed that the wifi drivers are disabled (there is hope though, for as long as shadowmite is around), I have no real complaints.

I'm sure there are other satisfied users out there just like me, who just don't take the time to post on this site because they're happily using their (hopefully) bug-free T650. In some cases, no news is good news.
    "Once a new technology rolls over you, if you're not part of the steamroller, you're part of the road." - Stewart Brand
    so...this is another treo 650 basher thread?
    NEXT!!!
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Im on my third T650 and plan to return this one tomorrow and possibly get my money back. I'm getting a bit tired of this ****.. most of the people who have "no-problem-phones" probably aren't as "picky" as some of us... or just dont realize some of the problems.
    Can an intelligence create another intelligence more intelligent than itself? Are we more intelligent than the evolutionary process that created us? In turn, will the intelligence that we are creating come to exceed that of its creator?

•[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]•
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoskater
    probably aren't as "picky" as some of us... or just dont realize some of the problems.
    I was thinking the same

Good luck on your new phone.

Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
    I was thinking the same

Good luck on your new phone.
    No offense..but are you sure you really should be evaluating handhelds for other people (as you mention in your initial post) - you seem to lack an ability to accept others perspective and assume that your own impressions are gospel. A friend of mine is doing product evaluation at a company here in California and the ability to gather and consolidate feedback is one of the most important traits in that field.

Sorry, just my unbiased perspective and not necessarily 'truth' or anything close to it.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    My Treo 650 is my best friend after almost three month. I have had no problem and I use it for everything that it is capable of and I can not imagine myself living without it anymore. I admit, it has some minor issues, like the delay on placing a call, but I got used to them only after a week after. Bottm line, you need to realize that like anything else in your life you need to make some trade offs and you can’t have everything the way that you want.
    I'm now on my second week and I'm still trouble free except once when I installed an incompatible 3rd party software and I experienced every negative issue that were posted here - network search loop, soft resets while it sit on my desk, slow app switiching, etc. But no worry, I hard reset and I'm back to normal and still enjoying it. I have the locked Cingular Treo. I think it's a better device than the ones sent to Sprint
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    No offense..but are you sure you really should be evaluating handhelds for other people (as you mention in your initial post) - you seem to lack an ability to accept others perspective and assume that your own impressions are gospel. A friend of mine is doing product evaluation at a company here in California and the ability to gather and consolidate feedback is one of the most important traits in that field.

Sorry, just my unbiased perspective and not necessarily 'truth' or anything close to it.

No offence but even you should be able to comb every treo messageboard and see the stickys and gather a conclusion that there ARE problems with the T650 even though *you* might not be experiencing any...or maybe we should have the mods remove the stickys and tell shadowmite to removes the bug fixes from his website since they are all false and the TREO 650 IS FLAWLESS

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast