Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    No, I don't worship "W".
    Sorry you kind of threw me with the devil thing and no worship...I'm somewhat confused
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    That's cause I have been referred to as the "Anti Christ" by some.
  3.    #123  
    Ohh ok, Gotcha
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    I personally do have some reset problems...nothing huge though.

I also don't like the delay when dialing from the contacts list, that's going to kill someone on the road yet.

But overall, I like the phone and don't regret buying it. It needs updates (there's no doubt about that) but I use the thing every day for:

Phone
    Tasks
    Calendar
    Notes
    Mp3s
    Texas Hold'em (sucky AI, but it's still fun to play)
    pictures
    voice memos
    text messaging (only to find info, not to actually chat)

well, the list goes on and on.

Overall, great phone that was released early, but if you all want to wait on something, then you should become fans of Guns and Roses, most of us have been waiting for their new album for 10 years.

I think I would rather have a slightly buggy phone (or album) then to wait and wait and wait.
  5.    #125  
    ^^ I agree, you must have sprint, the delay is the most annoying problem, I even noticed it being posted on P1 messageboard...it really needs to be addressed. I have they release a one-fixes-all patch if/when they do

To all you 650 crybabies .........
    Try Unlocked Unbranded T 650 on T mobile.
    If you still have issues. I will support your bit$$ing.
    This is the best treo, of the ones i have used,including 270, 300, 600..
    When P1 comes up with bluetooth 1.2, more memory and wifi, I would move.

To little to late, to much money, to go from a working T600 to a NRFPT T650.
    Wow. This thread is all over the place, like an x dealer at rave.

jeffhas need to switch to decaf.

Clarence, you pine for the "old" TC days, yet your "love it or leave it" message is exactly the opposite from the "old TC".

I remeber when TC started...there were people whining about HS dumping Visors and pooh-pooh the Treos.

Times have changed...people used to be more open about the product shortcomings. Now, the zealotry is Crusade-like.

F1 definitely does NOT read TC as an input to anything...the 600 and more importantly, the 650 prove that fact hands down. They care zero about what goes on here. They only care how many units they can push to carriers. (I know, I know, I am a broken record with the "voodoo" know as basic economics).

oh, and 2Pac was a thug and an entertainer. Wise? Hardly.
    There were many more before him that said it better.

And he got himself offed basically due to a schlong measuring contest with people who were also thugs. How wise is that?

MLK, Gandhi, Lincoln, Hamilton were wise. 2Pac and every other wanna be R&Ber are just the male versions of Britney Spears.

Okay, back on topic.

Wait until the PPC Treo comes out. Then things will really take off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Odds are no one will say that about our CURRENT president though

(OR our state's governor for that matter...sigh...)
    HEY!!! be nice! And if I were you, I wouldn't get Ahnold mad at me!

I think I've hit my problem on the head (just hopefully not my head...).. I want to hear PalmOne take some responsibility for the problems some good folks are having with their TREO 650's. When they do, and let us know when a fix is in progress, THEN I'm gonna buy....
    I came to the site to get some background information on the 650 in advance of a possible purchase. I find SoufSidah09's assessment of the 650 much more balanced and helpful than others who appear more emotionally attached to their 650. While I hear the voices of those who are happy, a potential buyer needs to know the down side-you can always find the positive features. Fact is, SoufSidah09's report validates the issues with the 650 cited in other reviews and boards. It is incredulous to me that anyone would put up with UI issues and dial delays in a $700 phone, although that's your business. But for someone looking for a balanced review before investing $700, SoufSidah09 is right-on. On the other hand, we have the user who loves the 650 and didn't mind that the call volume is low. He just pushed the 650 closer to his ear. Sorry, but I came to this site to find reviews that are a bit more balanced and discriminating.

I'm very interested in the great features of the 650 and I'll eventually buy one, but only after it's clear that these bugs are fixed. For me I agree it's not ready for prime time, at least not for my $700.

Thanks SoufSidah09.
    As an owner of a Treo650....I say buy a Pocket PC instead.....

Please.....buy a pocket PC, buy a Pocket PC, buy a Pocket PC, buy a Pocket PC, buy a pocket PC, buy a Pocket PC, buy a Pocket PC, buy a Pocket PC.....

ad naseaum.........
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker
    I came to the site to get some background information on the 650 in advance of a possible purchase. I find SoufSidah09's assessment of the 650 much more balanced and helpful than others who appear more emotionally attached to their 650. While I hear the voices of those who are happy, a potential buyer needs to know the down side-you can always find the positive features. Fact is, SoufSidah09's report validates the issues with the 650 cited in other reviews and boards. It is incredulous to me that anyone would put up with UI issues and dial delays in a $700 phone, although that's your business. But for someone looking for a balanced review before investing $700, SoufSidah09 is right-on. On the other hand, we have the user who loves the 650 and didn't mind that the call volume is low. He just pushed the 650 closer to his ear. Sorry, but I came to this site to find reviews that are a bit more balanced and discriminating.

I'm very interested in the great features of the 650 and I'll eventually buy one, but only after it's clear that these bugs are fixed. For me I agree it's not ready for prime time, at least not for my $700.

Thanks SoufSidah09.

I would recommend you do not go by one person 's opinion. The best objective evidence is a poll which you will see in one of the threads.
    Majority are very satisfied. For the ones who are having problems would definitely like to participate in such polls to take there anger at P1. i don't see toomany people in that category.
    I understand 700 bucks is a large sum and you must use it wisely.
    So , here is what i recommend, buy one, play with it for 15 -20 days, return the damn thing, if you are not happy. If you don't do that, you will not realize, what you are missing?
    My 2 cents ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    I would recommend you do not go by one person 's opinion. The best objective evidence is a poll which you will see in one of the threads.
    Majority are very satisfied. For the ones who are having problems would definitely like to participate in such polls to take there anger at P1. i don't see toomany people in that category.
    I understand 700 bucks is a large sum and you must use it wisely.
    So , here is what i recommend, buy one, play with it for 15 -20 days, return the damn thing, if you are not happy. If you don't do that, you will not realize, what you are missing?
    My 2 cents ...

Good recommendation, although I have no problem waiting either. I'd like to get more feedback from those using the newer GSM model.
    2smart,

we will buy a PPC...the Treo PPC that will be released this Nov.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    2smart,

we will buy a PPC...the Treo PPC that will be released this Nov.

Do you think that will be a trouble free product ?
    The first PPC from Palmone. I am sure will have abundant stories to tell .
    Hp 6135 is a total disaster (used for a month )
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
    ^^ I agree, you must have sprint, the delay is the most annoying problem, I even noticed it being posted on P1 messageboard...it really needs to be addressed. I have they release a one-fixes-all patch if/when they do
    This doesn't even sound like the same guy who started this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarenceCM3
    Great well

Well guess you don't really mind constructive criticsim.

So to call a something junk, you must have something better??????

I think the hurdle is simply...it works!...for many.
    hey, even if there is a delay, does it really matter that much? what's the difference between instantaneous and a one second delay? if you know there is a one second delay, then go with it! it's only a delay!

have fun with it!
  19.    #139  
    oh, and 2Pac was a thug and an entertainer. Wise? Hardly.
    There were many more before him that said it better.

And he got himself offed basically due to a schlong measuring contest with people who were also thugs. How wise is that?
    LOL

I would have agreed with you about 4 years ago, heck I was the one making those types of comments, and of coarse like you I was tottaly ignorant to "The Real Tupac" and his message.

On the point of him getting himself killed over stupidity that's what it looks l from what you hear in the media, but in reality everything, EVERTHING this guy did was planned.

"My every move is a calculated step, to bring me to close and early death." So Many Tear - 2Pac

What people don't understand is he chose to die they way he did.
    See the video "I ain't mad at cha" His last verse on the video is DEEP. Basically the man was obsessed with change, but not for him, but for his community.

The reason he choose to die the way he did was basically because he had it really bad coming up and had no desire to stay in this world. "They ask me why I'm high, and my reply till the day I die, don't wanna picture this cold world through sober eyes"

By the age of 17 I have an interview (which is also on the Resurection DVD that's up for an Oscar) this dude had read so many books (where he pulled a lot of his knowledge) it clearly showed his witt, his thinking was so unorthodoxed it was shocking!

Anyway there's a lot more to the guy, even a lot you could learn, like I did.

MLK, Gandhi, Lincoln, Hamilton were wise. 2Pac and every other wanna be R&Ber are just the male versions of Britney Spears.
    You really can't compare Tupac to the clowns that they have rapping these days, I don't even listen to that "junk"

Okay, back on topic.

Wait until the PPC Treo comes out. Then things will really take off.
    i would love to see that day

Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez
    hey, even if there is a delay, does it really matter that much?
    No, I've got all day. Anything to keep my treo 650 happy, and feeling loved.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast