Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Typical myopia. Consider this thread trolling.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&page=1&pp=20
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by njchris
    The problem I have is that the title of this is "UNBIASED TRUTH". how about "UNBIASED OPINION". Some things you think are horrible, others might not.
    What I stated was the truth in the problems I had and with the link to other problems *others* were experiencing.

There is no "truth" to you saying it's junk. That's an opinion.
    I believe it to be fact in the context I put it: "THE TREO 650 IN IT'S *CURRENT STATE*"

As I also stated the device had some very good hardware upgrades that I and others have mentioned in this thread, which would make it a good upgrade choice for alot of users.

I once felt Windows 98 was one of the best consumer level OS ever written at the time and strongly defended it against nay sayers, and given your chocies it was. But now with expsore to bigger and better things and more experience in the field, I can now clearly look back at Win 98 and with it's dos underlay, incorrect API placements, and a lot more issues, it was: JUNK

Trust me, the minute the T651 or whatever the higher model to be released is, with all the bug fixes (a lot which seems was addressed in the Unlocked GSM) and *at least* 128MB ram (Why in the world would P1 in this day and age release a device with LESS than 128MB RAM?!?) you will then state the obvious.

I still stand by my statment.

And just because other people don't feel as intense about every issue you have with the phone, doesn't mean you can discount their opinions (just as you don't want yours discounted by your replies to people that disagreed with you).
    I never discounted anyone's opinion, In fact if you look back at my posts I told others I was happy they were not having issues, and it seems like the majority of the people not having issues were Unlocked GSM users.

I like the phone a lot. I never had the phone ring again after trying to answer (that sounds like some conflict - what do you have installed?)
    I'm glad you're having good luck with your phone.
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09

I believe it to be fact in the context I put it: "THE TREO 650 IN IT'S *CURRENT STATE*"
    No it's your opinion. Not fact. Big difference.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    No it's your opinion. Not fact. Big difference.
    So the terrorist on 9/11 weren't "terrorist" but "loyal religous followers" doing "Allah's work", using that logic we should have never gone after Bin Laden in Afgan, soley based on our precieved opinions of their action and beliefs...
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    Are you saying "opinion" is to "fact" as "terrorist" is to "loyal religios followers"?

IQ tests have very similar questions?
    I believe Tiffany is saying there is a difference between opinion and fact. As you are saying there is a difference between "terrorist" and "loyal religous followers". What are you trying to prove from quoting Tiffany's post?

Im having trouble understanding you...
    Souf,
    As you can see, any negative (accurate?) criticisms are drown out by dozens crying "this is the most wonderful thing since sliced bread and orgasms".

You said it was a beta device, and you are correct. Sometimes, beta is good enough for some (Windows 3.1, Windows 95, etc.). It is completely reasonable to complain about a beta device, especially when it cost $600 (or more).

GWB, as usual, makes some very valid points. (only to be razzed by zealous folks like jeffhas, bcalis, etc).

Bottom line: the 650 is a beta device, in the it is very buggy.
    That said, many people (inc. myself), put up with the bad for the good (like the screen and removable battery).

Let's also be clear...the wonderful screen is nice only in comparison to the 600. The Clie had nice screens years ago. Again, the issue is F1 giving customers a device with "old" tech at premium prices.

I have more than 300 Treos in use in my org, and can tell you without a doubt, the issue with the 650 are very real. I can also tell you many people stick with the 650 depsite the issue. Some have reverted back to the 600 because of the memory issues and resets.

And quite the contrary, there have been MANY "perfect" devices. Examples include the Motorola v.90 phone, the Sanyo SCP-6000 (both with extended batteries), as well as the Palm V and the Compaq Aero.

There are many others. They are made daily by companies with high development and execution expertise (unlike F1).
    So the terrorist on 9/11 weren't "terrorist" but "loyal religous followers" doing "Allah's work", using that logic we should have never gone after Bin Laden in Afgan, soley based on our precieved opinions of their action and beliefs...
    You make that sort of comment...AND you roll your eyes? I hope at yourself...
    I am glad it is working well for so many of you good people, and I hope eventually one will work well for me, too. I think deep down, my problem is that PalmOne left everybody out in the cold on this. I'll be ready to buy when they are ready to own up to their mistakes. Guess that's what's eating me.....
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    http://www.rage3d.com/board/images/smilies/laugh.gif http://www.rage3d.com/board/images/smilies/bleh2.gif http://www.rage3d.com/board/images/smilies/wtf.gif http://www.rage3d.com/board/images/smilies/nuts.gif
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    I think Souf's point is that fact vs. opinion often depends on where you are coming from on an issue.

there are very very few facts, but there are an infinite number of opinions.

99.999% of the info and posts on TC are opinion.
    gwb,

Why should F1 own up to anything as long as the suckers keep lining up to pay top dollar for beta?

(oh, you mean ethics and good consumer relations... :-)
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    In my opinion, the Treo 650 is a piece of sh*t. Let me rephrase that, MY Treo 650 is a POS. From the moment I recieved my "new" unit(the box was opened, so it makes me wonder if Palm ships out used phones) and inserted my sim, I had a problem. The phone seemed to run very slow, and a reset didn't fix it. I finally did a hard reset and that seemed to fix the problem...but THEN, the random resets began. Reset during a call, when hanging up, when launching an app and even when it was sitting on my desk charging. I have no doubt that many users here have no problems with their 650s, but mine makes a nice paper weight. I'm not trying to bash the 650, and I think the new features are great but, why are they shipping phones that are not fully tested(or are we supposed to do that?). It's obvious that my 650 has a hardware error and should have been rejected by quality control or whatever department at Palm before it was put in a box. Now I have to wait for a new one.
    Wow!!! GWB is being hammered for criticizing PalmOne while he still does not have his treo650? Reading the forum and listening to sad stories does not qualify him to give his opinion? In this case, PalmOne wins, and those who see frequent resets as a good feature but enjoy looking at the bright screen while it is going through reset loops, and missing important calls, did indeed get their money's worth. huh?

What do I know? I'm only a former T650 owner. I should suffer through at least two years worth of poor product quality before I should speak up.
    Tron,
    shhhhh....the trvth supression squad is listening... :-)
    If I eat banana's, does that make me a monkey?
    At least TRoN is sensible enough to say that HIS unit is problematic. I'm really sorry you had to go through that, Tron.

There are those of us who luckily don't experience any significant problems, though. Let's not generalize by stating that the T650 as a product is crap. Sure, things may have gone undetected in the P1 production / QC line or even Cingular or Sprint's programming/QC departments. But then again, as stated over and over on this thread, no device is perfect. My T650 seems like a product way, way past beta stage. If you're not satisfied with yours and you're experiencing buyers' remorse then by all means, find another smartphone that works for you. Perhaps a PPC brick will suit your needs... but beware, those aren't bug-free either.
    "Once a new technology rolls over you, if you're not part of the steamroller, you're part of the road." - Stewart Brand
    Doesn't every cell company provide a return period?... SPCS just upped theirs to 30 days from 14.

While it's obvious to see that many have problems with their 650's, there are clearly many that don't have problems....and then there's those like me, who had problems, decided the product had merit as the best device available now, and felt it worthwhile to invest time (not to mention the $) to work through the problems (mostly by using this forum as a resource)...and yes, I complained to Sprint and Palm just to let them know that I expect their device to improve. All the complaints (even the ones in this thread) are actually helpful, in that those that have problems are generally directed to a solution....and yes, by solution, I mean if you decide the product is a POS, or a beta device, then return it and get something that works better for you.

If as GWB stated early that there are a high number of 'bad ones' (10, 20, 30%?) then those people need to return their device, and decide for themselves if having a 650 is worth the investment of time and money.... or they can take their refund and buy something else.

BTW, I'm not razzing GWB, he just decided to look at ONE of the features that I claim is superior to other units on the market... when I clearly stated MANY that I felt made it worthwhile for ME to upgrade to the 650.

Their are many other products now available on the market. If you find one you like better than the 650, buy it, tell us about your experience, this is how we've all managed to get our education on these devices so far.
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    I think Souf's point is that fact vs. opinion often depends on where you are coming from on an issue.

there are very very few facts, but there are an infinite number of opinions.

99.999% of the info and posts on TC are opinion.

WOW! you're one of the few that understood what I was trying to say!

Souf,
    that is because most here would rather respond than think.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast