1.    #1  
    Is it possible to burn audible files onto CD and then copy them as MP3 files onto SD and listen with pTunes? I find that call management is much more reliable/stable using pTunes vs audible player. If this has been done, does anyone know whether the audible or MP3 format is more memory efficient?
    Can be done......also can be done with Virtual Audiio Cable on your PC (VAC)

You play in one application and then record with Audacity or something that can save as wav or MP3

Takes a lot longer because you are playing at ordinary speed but does not use up CDs
    .no sig.
    What do you mean "call management" better with Ptunes? I like audible for that reason. When I am listening to an Audible book and a call come in, Audible pauses during the call and then resumes when I hang up. The current version of PTunes (3.0.6) goes back to the beginning of the mp3 that is being played. Ptunes support tells me they have fixed that in the next release 3.0.7 due out anytime.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    What do you mean "call management" better with Ptunes? I like audible for that reason. When I am listening to an Audible book and a call come in, Audible pauses during the call and then resumes when I hang up. The current version of PTunes (3.0.6) goes back to the beginning of the mp3 that is being played. Ptunes support tells me they have fixed that in the next release 3.0.7 due out anytime.
    I have had worse luck with Audible causing a reset when a phone call comes in. I have never had a problem with pTunes 3.0.6 and it always returns to the place in the song where it left off...
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    I have had worse luck with Audible causing a reset when a phone call comes in. I have never had a problem with pTunes 3.0.6 and it always returns to the place in the song where it left off...
    I've decided that no two Treos are alike. Seems like everyone has different problems or different ways the Treo acts with their setup. In my correspondence with Pocket Tunes support they indicated that it was a known issue of Pocket Tunes not returning to the place in a song when a call comes in on the Treo 650 and that they had fixed it in release 3.0.7. Plus, I have never had a reset with Audible. It always returns to the place it was paused at when a call comes in.

I don't think there are two Treo 650's alike.