1.    #1  
    Hey All,

Finally made the switch to a Palm OS smartphone (needed hi-res and bluetooth and have been waiting for years!) I've come from the Sony Ericsson cell phone camp and have a Sony Ericsson Bluetooth CAR-100. I've been able to find 3rd party software that lets me drive it from my Mac. Does such a thing exist for Palm OS?

Cheers,

Jay
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc
    Hey All,

Finally made the switch to a Palm OS smartphone (needed hi-res and bluetooth and have been waiting for years!) I've come from the Sony Ericsson cell phone camp and have a Sony Ericsson Bluetooth CAR-100. I've been able to find 3rd party software that lets me drive it from my Mac. Does such a thing exist for Palm OS?

Cheers,

Jay
    You may be out of luck on this one. The midlet included with the software bundle can be installed on the IBM JVM on the Treo (I just did). But the IBM JVM doesn't seem to include runtime support for JSR 82 (the standard Java Bluetooth API), which is used by the Sony Ericsson code to talk to the car over Bluetooth. It fails looking for classes in the javax.bluetooth package.

Does anyone know of a Palm implementation of the Java Bluetooth API that can be plugged into the IBM JVM?
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the scoop Jim.