Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I am switching from Fusemail to an Outlook Exchange ASP. Do you have a recommendation for migrating my IMAP mail via a local mail client like Thunderbird? All my previous tests resulted in my messages getting deleted when I pointed it to the new mail host.

TIA
    Make a new account that points to the new IMAP service. Make a local folder and copy the messages you want from the old account folder to the local folder. Then copy the local folder contents to the new account inbox (or whatever other folder you want to populate).

In some email clients, you may be able to directly copy the messages from one account's inbox to another, but I still like to make the local copy first, in case something disconnects during the transfer on either end.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimf
    Make a new account that points to the new IMAP service. Make a local folder and copy the messages you want from the old account folder to the local folder. Then copy the local folder contents to the new account inbox (or whatever other folder you want to populate).

In some email clients, you may be able to directly copy the messages from one account's inbox to another, but I still like to make the local copy first, in case something disconnects during the transfer on either end.
    Thanks for the direction. I'll test this out.