Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    i have been wondering why ZLauncher is such or a big deal. Or for that matter any of the other launchers.

IN short... Sell me on it.. why should i get it. Thanks
    built in file management
    custom look with many available skins
    moves apps and associated databases to card(palm launcher just moves the app)

total stylus free treo navigation.

read other reviews and you'll find many more reasons.

thanks again for the sound patch faisal!!!
    and it's only like $12, right? one of the less expensive apps - i've run it on my 600 and 650 for 18 months to save RAM...
    got the zlauncher... now if I could just figure out which files i can move and which i can't without screwing it all up. Can you run zlauncher from the expansion card?
    I think any programs which need to hotsync should remain in device memory but the rest can be moved to external memory.

ZLauncher should remain in main memory.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

ZLauncher is great app, saves memory. How do you know what programs will go to card? Just hold icon of program and you'll get a pop up, with choices. If one of them is "Move to card" then yes it can be moved & safely used from card. If it only has " Copy to card" No you can't move it, it will cause the program not to work or reset the phone.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    ZLauncher is great app, saves memory. How do you know what programs will go to card? Just hold icon of program and you'll get a pop up, with choices. If one of them is "Move to card" then yes it can be moved & safely used from card. If it only has " Copy to card" No you can't move it, it will cause the program not to work or reset the phone.
    Not entirely true. While indeed your instructions are correct when referring to wether or not the application can be moved to the card; wether or not it will run properly from there is another story.

That said, most do; I just wanted to be sure that it is understood that you can experience troubles in some circumstances with some applications stored on the card. Just because you can move it there, does not mean it will run from there, there are several applications that are like this for one reason or another.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdfairchild
    and it's only like $12, right? one of the less expensive apps - i've run it on my 600 and 650 for 18 months to save RAM...
    It's around $20 these days.