Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    In other words, if I were to lose my sd card or my sd card
    stopped working would I just hot sync with a new card in my palm to gain back programs and pics? Does hot sync only back up internal memory?

Do I need to copy all programs and files on my card to another card, so if
    it breaks or is lost i'll still have the info?
    no it doesn't...just copy your card onto a directory on your PC. ex. my card is named "phil's" and I have a copy of "phil's" on my desktop.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    BackupBuddy 3 can optionally back up the card. This was a lifesaver for me tonight as I unintentionally deleted the PALM folder on my card (still not sure how I managed that - had intended to delete a single file only - was using Filez.)
    That would be BackupBuddy for Windows 2.x which backs up the SD card. BackupBuddy VFS 3.07 backs up TO the card, not FROM the card.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Thanks, I like the idea to copy to pc, then if need to put on blank sd card
    later. Thanks
    Is there a utility besides BackupBuddy that copies the card to the PC, or is a card reader the only other option.

It would be nice if a treo connected to the PC could be treated by windows as just an external storage device, like the iPod can be. Then the treo could serve as a card reader for the PC.
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by busyba
    It would be nice if a treo connected to the PC could be treated by windows as just an external storage device, like the iPod can be. Then the treo could serve as a card reader for the PC.
    CardExport2 does just that.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    no it doesn't...just copy your card onto a directory on your PC. ex. my card is named "phil's" and I have a copy of "phil's" on my desktop.
    Will the programs in sd card work if I restore from desktop?
    Quote Originally Posted by sj2004
    Will the programs in sd card work if I restore from desktop?
    yes
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc
    CardExport2 does just that.
    Thanks dude, you rock!
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.