Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I ordered some of these from the TC store:

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../15-43--28.htm

Are any of you using these? I am finding it impossible to put these things on the screen without a small spec of dust or something getting stuck to the backside of the protector. In the description of the item they say, "If dust gets trapped under the screen protector, simply wash it away with water and apply again".. well how do they suggest you dry these things. Its impossible to get them dry without leaving water spots on the protector or more dust/lint from whatever you've used to dry it with. Anyone else having a similar experience?
    Quote Originally Posted by Implicit
    So I ordered some of these from the TC store:

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../15-43--28.htm

Are any of you using these? I am finding it impossible to put these things on the screen without a small spec of dust or something getting stuck to the backside of the protector. In the description of the item they say, "If dust gets trapped under the screen protector, simply wash it away with water and apply again".. well how do they suggest you dry these things. Its impossible to get them dry without leaving water spots on the protector or more dust/lint from whatever you've used to dry it with. Anyone else having a similar experience?
    I didn't have any trouble applying these on my 650. I had the stock protector on there already, and the environment was fairly clean, so I didn't have any trouble with dust. I had to work a bit to get some air bubbles out from under it, but otherwise it was a piece of cake. Very happy with them so far. Nice anti-glare surface, works well with the stylus the few times I need to use it, doesn't seem to smudge very easily.
    The "static cling" type screen protectors need to be installed in a fairly dust free environment. I find the humidity in a closed bathroom after a shower tends to keep the dust down pretty well. If you need to wash one, use distilled water to rinse, and dry with lint free cloth/tissues from a photographic supply store.

I usually make my own vinyl screen protectors; a few cents worth of 5 mil clear vinyl from a fabric store, and a paper cutting template made by photocopying the top of my Treo, and only a few minutes, make one that usually lasts months. Lightly wax, if needed for virtual Graffiti stylus feel.

Good luck.
    Last edited by hotpaw5; 02/20/2005 at 06:01 PM. Reason: spelling error
    I second the bathroom/shower idea. I had the same problem with lint & dust 'till I tried that. Small bathroom, put the shower on hot water. Applied after it was good and steamy. No dust, first time.
    Last edited by jeepdiver; 02/21/2005 at 01:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Good for drying photographic negatives, too. 'What's that?'
    I did the same thing with the protectors bought from Treo central, after hot shower I peeled the backing off and applied, also when peeling off use tweezers and get it aligned to the top and sides of the screen and gently drop it down...it should lay out perfectly.

After I just sort of pushed the air bubbles to the side...worked perfect.
    How do you guys remove your screen protectors when you want to replace them? Tried the scotch tape method, and no luck. Tried to use my nail, and tweezers to lift the corners, and just ended up scratching up the screen in the corners. How do you guys lift them off the screen?
    I used a plastic toothpick, starting at a corner.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    boxwave are good but if you get a defective one your screwed they have the worst CS its all lipservice no action, i got one, it was bad, still have it after alot of emails and posts all they can say is we will charge you and then credit you if we get it back, jeese all that for 15.00 no thanks
  10.    #10  
    Wish I had tried the humidity method... took me 3 of the covers before I could get one mostly dust free since I had trouble cleaning the other two after using the water.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotpaw5
    I usually make my own vinyl screen protectors; a few cents worth of 5 mil clear vinyl from a fabric store, and a paper cutting template made by photocopying the top of my Treo, and only a few minutes, make one that usually lasts months. Lightly wax, if needed for virtual Graffiti stylus feel.
    Wow, that's a cool idea. Does this actually work well, or just good enough for the price? IOW; How does it compare to others that you would buy? How is the screen quality, anti-glare, etc.?
    Also, where exactly do you buy it? I looked on Joann.com as well as google but found nothing. Thanks.
    Last edited by techLove; 02/21/2005 at 12:14 AM.
    Okay, I feel like a total dufus but I just received my Treocentral screen protectors today and can't figure them out. This is my ... (counting) ... 6th Palm, and I've had screen protectors on each one, but none like this. Is the protector the part that the yellow sticker is attached to, or is it the other piece? The other piece doesn't stick on my screen and the piece that has the yellow sticker ... well, the sticker leaves behind gunk when I try to peel it off.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    For most protectors, the sticker is usually stuck on the piece that DOESN'T stick to your screen.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    I know, and I expected it to be the part without the sticker also. But that part doesn't really stick to the screen ... it slides around very easily rather than cling to it like all other screen protectors I've had.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Maybe you should ask for a return/exchange?
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgmt
    boxwave are good but if you get a defective one your screwed they have the worst CS its all lipservice no action, i got one, it was bad, still have it after alot of emails and posts all they can say is we will charge you and then credit you if we get it back, jeese all that for 15.00 no thanks
    mtgmt,

The only problem you seem to have with the way we are carrying out with resolving this issue is with the matter of returning the defective unit. We would like to emphasize that this is a standard procedure that is consistently carried out everywhere and not just for BoxWave. We offered to you the option of a replacement, and upon your dissatisfaction for that method, we furthermore gave you the choice for an exchange. (Both options fully at our cost). Unfortunately, none of these methods were carried out due to your delay in returning the defective unit. Although we would love to send you a replacement right away but we would always have to have the defective unit returned to us.

If you would like your situation to be resolved, feel free to write us a PM to carry on with the exchange. This is the only way that this matter can be settled. You can either return the defective product in a standard business envelop with a .37 cent stamp or we will send you a prepaid shipping label through email.

Hopefully we can resolve this matter quickly and efficiently in the best way possible, but we need your help in sending the defective unit back to us.

Best Regards,

BoxWave
    They seem on top of things

Now if they would only answer my email I sent them about the FlexiSkin!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    They seem on top of things

Now if they would only answer my email I sent them about the FlexiSkin!
    Dear OpenIntro,

Was your e-mail sent to our Customer Service Dept. or to our private message box? If you have not received a reply yet, may I ask you to please post your question again, as there might be others with the same question. Thank you!

Cheers!

Sung
    Best Screen protectors to ever be invented:

www.pocketpctechs.com

they sell the best of the best...but they will cost you and you may have to cut them out since they don't make them for the Treo. I bought some for the Ipaq 4155 and they are the best I have every used and i have tested a lot.

Just my 2 cents.
    I've got to say the Boxwave protectors are the best I've every used on any device. They are expensive, but DEFINITELY worth the price. Slapped one on my 650 last week and you can't even tell it's there! The colors stay sharp and bright. Easy to remove and rinse off...try that with any other protector using an adhesive. Again, a little pricey, but worth it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast