Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thewildman
    Easy to remove and rinse off....
    How do you remove them?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    millerhifi,
    I have found that many people who contact me at CS, I have recommended that you should either use your fingernail to get under the plastic or if all else fails apply tape over top of the screen protector and pull the tape off which then should pull up the screen protector as well.
    Chris Kingree
    TreoCentral Store
    Product/Purchasing Manager
    800-557-6819 Ext. 114
    Thanks, Ill try the tape method as there is no way I could get me fingernail between the edge of the case and the edge of the screen protector to lift it up.
    Maybe that could be a job for my wife??
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I'm using the Boxwave screen protectors...I highly recommend them. You won't be able to tell they are there.

I 2nd the steamy shower idea because it seems almost impossible to apply these without getting dust and whatnot sticking to the protector.
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    How do you remove them?
    Something with a very fine edge works well. Such as a small screw driver or the tip of a pocketknife. You simply get under the edge of the protector and lift up. I guess it's some sort of static cling type of process...but it works incredibly well. And they are cut perfectly to the size of the Treo's screen. I've only taken it off once in the two weeks I've had it. It just rinses off under water and shake to dry...then slip it back on. You really can't tell it's even there. I also think the touchscreen/stylus response actually improves when the protector is on.

The first protector I used on my 650 was the one bundled with the phone from PalmOne...which uses an adhesive. As I pulled off that protector (because of the number of bubbles that it caused) the adhesive caused the screen to begin to flex upward while being pulled up. That's a frightening seen! and was the last time I used it. So, I ordered the Boxwave protectors after doing quite a bit of research and reading of reviews. Boxwave's product is money well spent.
    Last edited by thewildman; 02/27/2005 at 06:39 PM.
    I went thru the exact same process and it was a little tedious trying to remove that nasty protector that came with the 650 from P1. I used a wood toothpick to get the edge up enough to where I could grab it with a pair of tweezers. Your right it was a frightening scene! I friend gave me a boxwave which is on there now and I really like it so I ordered 3 more for future needs. I haven't bothered to try and remove the box wave yet but I imagine it should be easier to do then the sticky P1 version.

Thanks for the replies!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Just got the BoxWave Crystal - fan-freaking-tastic!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewildman
    I've got to say the Boxwave protectors are the best I've every used on any device. They are expensive, but DEFINITELY worth the price. Slapped one on my 650 last week and you can't even tell it's there! The colors stay sharp and bright. Easy to remove and rinse off...try that with any other protector using an adhesive. Again, a little pricey, but worth it.
    Thanks thewildman for the props!

Also, just a tip - if you don't have to remove the ClearTouch to clean, then don't. Many times, wiping it with at clean damp cloth is enough to clean the surface. Only take it off if it seem like something is underneath. Some people aren't careful about the removal and they accidentally bend the ClearTouch too much and then it doesn't stick back down like before.

Cheers!

Sung
    just received the Boxwave Crystal's and so far so great. and yes, a visible marked improvement (much more clear).

have fun
    I have been using Boxwave screen protectors with my Treo 600 for over a year now and am very satisfied with them. Unfortunately due to Boxwave's poor online ordering system (they don't even have a phone number) I am unable to order screen protectors for my new Treo 650.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I just ordered some Boxwave Crystals, thanks for pointing these out to me.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay
    I have been using Boxwave screen protectors with my Treo 600 for over a year now and am very satisfied with them. Unfortunately due to Boxwave's poor online ordering system (they don't even have a phone number) I am unable to order screen protectors for my new Treo 650.
    Dear Sanjay,

What kind of problems are you having with ordering online? Please let me know so that we can further assist you.

Cheers!

Sung
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxWave
    Dear Sanjay,

What kind of problems are you having with ordering online? Please let me know so that we can further assist you.

Cheers!

Sung
    I have tried numerous times uncuccessfully to place an order for a "ClearTouch Crystal (3-Pack), PalmOne Treo 650", a "FlexiSkin, PalmOne Treo 650, Future Blue (no clip)" and a "VersaCharger". Even though I know for a fact, that I am entering my billing address for my visa card (debit card) correctly, I keep getting the following error message:
    Code:
    DECLINED

I am sorry but your payment has been declined. Message:
    The transaction resulted in an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not
    match billing address of cardholder.
    First of all it is "my billing address" and therefore I know it is not incorrect, secondly I have ordered numerous times online with the same card and info with no problems. In fact I have previously also ordered successfully from Boxwave for Screen Protectors for my Treo 600 using the same card and billing address. Although this time there is a different shipping address, since I need the delivery to be made to a friend's place in NJ as she is travelling to India soon, which is where I am right now and thus she can get my order to me here. I don't know if this has something to do with the problem, but I doubt that, since you do have a provision for using a different address for shipping. By the way I have been trying to place this order since February 20th which allowed ample time to select Standard Delivery but now even if I am able to order I would have to select the more expensive delivery options to insure the order is delivered to my friend before she travels.

Would appreciate it if you could help in this matter. I like the Boxwave Screen Protectors very much and I think they are the best available. Therefore I would not like to have to switch to using something else.

Thanks,
    Sanjay

PS: I just called my bank and reconfirmed with them that the billing address on record is correct.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 03/02/2005 at 01:55 PM.

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay
    I have tried numerous times uncuccessfully to place an order for a "ClearTouch Crystal (3-Pack), PalmOne Treo 650", a "FlexiSkin, PalmOne Treo 650, Future Blue (no clip)" and a "VersaCharger". Even though I know for a fact, that I am entering my billing address for my visa card (debit card) correctly, I keep getting the following error message:
    Code:
    DECLINED

I am sorry but your payment has been declined. Message:
    The transaction resulted in an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not
    match billing address of cardholder.
    First of all it is "my billing address" and therefore I know it is not incorrect, secondly I have ordered numerous times online with the same card and info with no problems. In fact I have previously also ordered successfully from Boxwave for Screen Protectors for my Treo 600 using the same card and billing address. Although this time there is a different shipping address, since I need the delivery to be made to a friend's place in NJ as she is travelling to India soon, which is where I am right now and thus she can get my order to me here. I don't know if this has something to do with the problem, but I doubt that, since you do have a provision for using a different address for shipping. By the way I have been trying to place this order since February 20th which allowed ample time to select Standard Delivery but now even if I am able to order I would have to select the more expensive delivery options to insure the order is delivered to my friend before she travels.

Would appreciate it if you could help in this matter. I like the Boxwave Screen Protectors very much and I think they are the best available. Therefore I would not like to have to switch to using something else.

Thanks,
    Sanjay

PS: I just called my bank and reconfirmed with them that the billing address on record is correct.
    Sanjay,

I'm sorry to hear about the situation you're having with ordering from our site! I can definitely relate to your frustration as I've had the same thing happen to me once. I had to result to using a different credit card...

I'm unsure as to why there is an issue with the credit card you're using as you've used it before to order and had success. The only thing I can suggest to you is to use a different credit card you may have available to you as there is no possible way to overwrite our ASV system.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and wish that there were more solutions available for us.

Best Regards,
    Cho
    Sanjay,

I'm sorry to hear about the situation you're having with ordering from our site! I can definitely relate to your frustration as I've had the same thing happen to me once. I had to result to using a different credit card...

I'm unsure as to why there is an issue with the credit card you're using as you've used it before to order and had success. The only thing I can suggest to you is to use a different credit card you may have available to you as there is no possible way to overwrite our ASV system.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and wish that there were more solutions available for us.

Best Regards,
    Cho

Sanjay,

There is another solution.

www.overlayplus.com

I have used boxwave crystals for some time, and you are right, they are nothing short of amazing... however, after seeing so many frustrating incidents with Boxwave, I looked for alternatives, and I can honestly say these are ACTUALLY BETTER... if it is even remotely possible. Look at them side by side to the Boxwave, THEY ARE EVEN MORE CLEAR!...

They work in the same manner, and fit my 650 beautifully. I believe they are ever so slightly thinner, which actually helps in the response of your stylus, but still thick enough to be VERY DURBALE like the Boxwave's. They also claim to have an anti-scratch coating, and so far after a couple of months... voila!... no scratches (although I don't know that their claim is actually true!).

Give them a try, hopefully they will get them to you on time... BTW...they are a couple of bucks LESS than Boxwave (no surprise there, Boxwave has been KILLING us with their prices!).

Hopefully TC will get their 'Crystals' soon, and cut all the pricing in half!

Good Luck!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Hi everybody!

BoxWave has just priced drop the ClearTouch screen protector line for the Treo 650:

ClearTouch Anti-Glare:
    Single-pack: 9.95
    Three-pack: 16.95

ClearTouch Crystal:
    Single-pack: 11.95
    Three-pack: 18.95

Come and check it out for yourself:
    http://www.boxwave.com/products/easy...eo-650_442.htm

Cheers!

Cho
    And I just ordered a single Crystal last Thursday, if I would have had the new prices I would have ordered the three pack!
    Hi everybody!

BoxWave has just priced drop the ClearTouch screen protector line for the Treo 650:

Cho
    This is after I ordered one of each just a few days ago.

Count me in also

Date : 25 Feb 2005 - 18:15
    Order ID : 4754429

Payment by Card

Product : Quantity : Price
    ClearTouch Crystal (3-Pack), Cingular Treo 650 : 1 : 27.95

Subtotal : 27.95
    Shipping : 4.50
    TOTAL : 32.45

######################################################

Placed on:
    Friday, February 25, 2005
    Shipped on: Tuesday, March 1, 2005
    Delivery Estimate: Friday, March 11, 2005
    ######################################################

Next time I'll look elsewhere for a dealer that doesnt drop his prices after negative comments about his service and a mention about competition...
    Quote Originally Posted by timexx8
    Next time I'll look elsewhere for a dealer that doesnt drop his prices after negative comments about his service and a mention about competition...
    Isnt that what businesses do? Try and beat out their competition by lowing prices(among other things....especially when customers are talking about going somewhere else....) But thats just me.....anyways, which ones should i get, the anti-glare ones or the crystal ones??
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast