1.    #1  
    Are Visor/PDA users as overwhelmingly male as the posts on this board would suggest?

Or is it just that we're more inclined to get on-line to brag about our toys?

OR is it that we're just technnologically inferior to the fairer sex, and therefore more likely to need on-line assistance in using the damn things?

Female users, are you hiding out? Stand up and be counted!

[This message has been edited by leojbramble (edited 07-24-2000).]
    Yes.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by j762538:
    Yes.
    Care to offer any further thoughts on the subject?

I'm really curious -- what ARE women's experiences with the Visor?
    I've posted quite a bit on this board. My experience with the Visor was good. However, I ran into an incredible deal on a Palm IIIc and I really like it alot. My Blue Visor Dlx case cracked less than a month after I had it. I called Handspring and they sent me out a brand new replacement unit in just a few days with a FedEx airbill to return the broken one with no expense to me! My experience with the Visor was really good. I just really like the color!
    i was interested in this question, too, which is why i started this demographic thread. it got these results.

------------------
    matty
    beware the dryptosaur.

[This message has been edited by matty (edited 07-22-2000).]
    Nice job, matty! The data was interesting... especially the gender and age groups. I suspect the age demographics are fairly close to being accurate (I would expect the "kids" to be the majority ). I do wonder about gender though. I've read several items indicating that the 'net, on technically-oriented material, seems to be predominently male. The women are there but in much smaller numbers. I guess they have better things to do with their time while guys like me don't have a life and therefore spend copious amounts of time at places like VC!

------------------
    MarkEagle - Ice is nice!

[This message has been edited by MarkEagle (edited 07-22-2000).]
    I must agree with Mark and his theory that guys spend alot more time on boards like VC.
    I cannot agree with the poll that I am the only Visor user in Massachuetts! Fellow Machuettesans, stand up and be counted. We need representation on the VC board
    BEN
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by matty:
    i was interested in this question, too, which is why i started this demographic thread. it got these results.

Doh! When I started this topic, I wasn't paying attention to which section I was putting it into. I should have taken the time to see if anyone had started a similar thread already...

Attn. Moderator(s) -- can you relocate this thread into General Visor? Or close it, if you feel it's redundant. Mea Culpa!
    Donna Dubinsky, Celeste Baranski, Patricia Tomlinson, & Karen Sipprell probably have better things to do with their time, like working on the new, more expensive, high end Visor.

Software
    Last Post:

Donna Dubinsky, Celeste Baranski, Patricia Tomlinson, & Karen Sipprell probably have better things to do with their time, like working on the new - CUT

Hi All,
    Anyone seem Donna on MSNBC News Friday?
    They had a interview special with her discussing about the Handspring's Visor.
    Donna said this Christmas season Handspring will be making theirselves more visualable to the public eye (Commercial, Ads, etc..).

Byron
    I am woman here me roar!!!!!!
    I love my blue visor dlx. I am still learning a lot about it I love this site it has taught me a ton of stuff.
    you guys have all been a big help whenever I needed it.

------------------
    I've become a visor junkie!!
    Originally posted by leojbramble:
    Are Visor/PDA users as overwhelmingly male as the posts on this board would suggest?
    Probably.

Or is it just that we're more inclined to get on-line to brag about our toys? :-)
    Yes.

OR is it that we're just technically inferior to the fairer sex, and therefore more likely to need on-line assistance in using the damn things? :-)
    Mmmm-- more likely to confess ignorance to a public forum?

Female users, are you hiding out? Stand up and be counted!
    I, for one, simply prefer lurking.
    Add me to your count. I love to read postings. Almost everything is said by the guys We are good listener/reader.
    I visit VC almost everyday but w/hectic schedule it's usually just once a day. A lot of the time someone else has already posted a question/reply I might have sent - I try to avoid the "me too" kind of posts.

These boards are a great resource - by default (owned a visor the longest and I'm nuts about it) I run a user group at work - census is 20+ females and 3 males.