Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    I am not sure if this is the best place for this post but.....

I am using TreoGuard to turn off my screen after 30 seconds. I would like the functionality to use the volume buttons during a call. However, the only way I have found that I can do this is to turn the screen back on first via the power button. Otherwise, nothing happens when I press the volume buttons with the screen off. I have the "Disable Keyguard when off" checked in TreoGuard.
    When the screen is off, only the 4 hard buttons will work so you'd have to assign vol up and down to like calendar and sms buttons...I think
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Scotty's correct. On the KEYS screen, click on the "Actions..." button and assign the Volume Up/Down to any of the 4 hard keys.

I currently have my Calendar button set to Volume UP and my Mail button set to Volume DOWN (with "Only when screen off" checked). Works great.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Thanks for the replies. The problem with the Actions keys solution is that they require me to take my ear away from the phone to do so. Very inconvenient.