Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    First of all let me say thank you for a super forum, I've found countless answers to my questions by browsing the posts here these past few months .

As for getting Sprint to acknowledge the issues, well, (for me at least) it's been a pass the buck game between Sprint and PalmOne. Although something promising happened just the other night...

A few days ago I was on the Palmone website reading the forum posts there, when someone mentioned calling PalmOne and requesting to speak to the CEO. So I thought "what the heck," I'll give it a try. I called, got the expected computer answered system and pushed "0" for the operator. I requested that I be put through to the CEO's desk and she did ! Of course I got voicemail, but I left a message just in case touching on problems I've had with the phone leaving my phone number and e-mail address. Well, later on that night (or the following night) I recieved a call around 8:00pm EST with CALLER ID BLOCKED showing on my phone. For some reason, I broke form and answered the call fearing it may be a client of mine. Believe it or not it was CEO's office returning my call!
    Now, it wasn't the CEO returning my call (I believe it was an assistant or some such person), but she wanted to know exactly what my problems were. I told her of some of my problems, and let her know that I was not alone. I shared with her that I had attempted to call P1 tech support and Sprint's tech support but to no avail. She suggested that people need to call her (or her group or office) and log these problems and that she would make sure the complaints end up in the right hands.

If everyone is already doing this then I appologize for wasting your time, but if not, please do!! I hope I can contribute just a tiny bit for all the help I've discovered here.

If interested in calling PalmOne their number can be found by scrolling to the very bottom of their homepage and clicking on "Contact palmOne", or to save you some time - 1 (408) 503-7000. Then push "0" for the operator and ask for the CEO's desk and log your complaint.

Hope this helps . Thanks again!
    Good for you, Domer. I think others should follow your example. I doubt the "new" CEO is following threads on this forum, or other forums. You need to get their attention to fix these quality problems that many are going through.
    sounds like a plan, it can't hurt
    1 | 2
    Sometimes CEOs are "shielded" from the real world by their underlings. A couple hundred complaint calls ought to wake any CEO up. And, there is no need to be nasty either - a nice, courteous and specific complaint goes a long way. Thanks for the tip!
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Sometimes CEOs are "shielded" from the real world by their underlings. A couple hundred complaint calls ought to wake any CEO up. And, there is no need to be nasty either - a nice, courteous and specific complaint goes a long way. Thanks for the tip!
    Exactly Zboater. You can always catch more flies with honey than with vinegar! So if anybody has a few extra minutes in the day, give PalmOne a call .
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Sometimes contacting the CEO works. I got out of my Nextel contract after emailing the president of Nextel regarding my service and phone issues. I had to put addresses in the email and subject lines in many formats, like this:

timothy.donahue@nextel.com; TimothyM.Donahue@nextel.com; TimothyDonahue@nextel.com; T.M.Donahue@nextel.com; TM.Donahue@nextel.com; T.MDonahue@nextel.com; Timothy.M.Donahue@nextel.com; T.Donahue@nextel.com

... but it worked. I was let out of my contract with 13 mos left.
    I applaud this idea, and I'm gonna do it tomorrow. Will it do any good? I dunno. I can't believe the CEO doesn't already know the stuff we're gonna tell him about. I wanna know why they ain't fixing stuff.

I'm just waiting for some of the usual players to flame this, since PalmOne did such a great job with the TREO 650.....
    Yeah I did a simillar thing to Steve Jobs Office,
    I not only got a response, but one that made my issue disappear.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    That's inspiring Pilot, although I'm just hoping for some fixes . But it does go to show that persistance can pay off.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I did that... Thats how i got the sound patch. It worked for me. But now my name is mud at PalmOne.. They hate me

I wish they would fess up to their problems.
    It's a darn shame that PalmOne treats Mr. Faisal this way after he pretty much saved the TREO 650 by bravely releasing the patch he received. Probably helped them make thousands and thousands of bucks. Great guys...
    if it wasn't for that patch leaked by faisal and made famous by by shadowmite mine and my wife's would have gone back and we would have abandoned the platform. Many others have posted the same thing.

thanks again faisal!
    Where can we get Fasial's sound patch?

Thanks
    how about asking the CEO to undelete and re-enable the wifi driver in 650 too?
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal
    I did that... Thats how i got the sound patch. It worked for me. But now my name is mud at PalmOne.. They hate me

I wish they would fess up to their problems.
    Fortunately, I don't have the sound problem (I have no idea how), but I have plenty of other issues I wouldn't mind PalmOne acknowledging and actually resolving. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one. Hopefully enough well directed noise will get the fires stoked...
    Hey, for those calling...ask why still no cradle!!
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfegizmo
    Where can we get Fasial's sound patch?

Thanks
    www.shadowmite.com

Search for hundreds of posts on the subject if you need more info.
    SOUND PATCH IS ONLY FOR SPRINT/CDMA!!!! DO NOT TRY ON YOUR GSM PHONE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    www.shadowmite.com

Search for hundreds of posts on the subject if you need more info.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    A GSM sound patch really needs to be released...the sound level is horrible! Hopefully shadowmite or someone can make a sound patch for the GSM...I'd rather be able to hear my phone properly than have WiFi at this time.....
    Quote Originally Posted by timexx8
    A GSM sound patch really needs to be released...the sound level is horrible! Hopefully shadowmite or someone can make a sound patch for the GSM...I'd rather be able to hear my phone properly than have WiFi at this time.....
    I don't think shadowmite "made" the sound patch. It was a patch being worked on by P1 and given to a Treocentral member as a new rom. That rom was given by the Treocentral member to Shadowmite who used it as a base. The point is that Shadowmite cannot "fix" the sound. (I don't think, anyway. Shadow?).. We have to wait for P1 to start working on it and to "leak" the test Rom.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast