Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by domer
    First of all let me say thank you for a super forum, I've found countless answers to my questions by browsing the posts here these past few months .

As for getting Sprint to acknowledge the issues, well, (for me at least) it's been a pass the buck game between Sprint and PalmOne. Although something promising happened just the other night...

A few days ago I was on the Palmone website reading the forum posts there, when someone mentioned calling PalmOne and requesting to speak to the CEO. So I thought "what the heck," I'll give it a try. I called, got the expected computer answered system and pushed "0" for the operator. I requested that I be put through to the CEO's desk and she did ! Of course I got voicemail, but I left a message just in case touching on problems I've had with the phone leaving my phone number and e-mail address. Well, later on that night (or the following night) I recieved a call around 8:00pm EST with CALLER ID BLOCKED showing on my phone. For some reason, I broke form and answered the call fearing it may be a client of mine. Believe it or not it was CEO's office returning my call!
    Now, it wasn't the CEO returning my call (I believe it was an assistant or some such person), but she wanted to know exactly what my problems were. I told her of some of my problems, and let her know that I was not alone. I shared with her that I had attempted to call P1 tech support and Sprint's tech support but to no avail. She suggested that people need to call her (or her group or office) and log these problems and that she would make sure the complaints end up in the right hands.

If everyone is already doing this then I appologize for wasting your time, but if not, please do!! I hope I can contribute just a tiny bit for all the help I've discovered here.

If interested in calling PalmOne their number can be found by scrolling to the very bottom of their homepage and clicking on "Contact palmOne", or to save you some time - 1 (408) 503-7000. Then push "0" for the operator and ask for the CEO's desk and log your complaint.

Hope this helps . Thanks again!
    Good One!
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Quote Originally Posted by GWB
    I applaud this idea, and I'm gonna do it tomorrow. Will it do any good? I dunno. I can't believe the CEO doesn't already know the stuff we're gonna tell him about. I wanna know why they ain't fixing stuff.

I'm just waiting for some of the usual players to flame this, since PalmOne did such a great job with the TREO 650.....
    LOL....

Sometimes the higher ups are shielded" from the realities of using a product in the real world. Hearing from users who do could help...

At the PalmOne road show Peter Skillman was carrying two PDA's (a 650 and a something like a T3) AND a traditional paper notebook...

If you made him live with only the 650 and no paper notebook, I bet the 650 would be a much different machine...

When I asked why they only put 32 Megs (23 usable) or Ram he smiled and said they saved $6/unit!....

I told him how I had spent $250 to put 8 megs in a PalmV before the VX was available... He just didn't get it.
    Last edited by IamVincent; 02/22/2005 at 10:12 AM.
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    I think you meant Peter Skillman, head of hardware design. I've heard him say at the roadshow: "I personally wish there is 64 MB of ram in the 650" so I dont think he is responsible for pushing to save that $6/unit on the 650. Peter is a good guy. He was jotting down all the problems, complaints and suggestions of the roadshow attendees in that thick notebook.

Quote Originally Posted by IamVincent
    LOL....

Sometimes the higher ups are shielded" from the realities of using a product in the real world. Hearing from users who do could help...

At the PalmOne road show Peter Shilling was carrying two PDA's (a 650 and a something like a T3) AND a traditional paper notebook...

If you made him live with only the 650 and no paper notebook, I bet the 650 would be a much different machine...

When I asked why they only put 32 Megs (23 usable) or Ram he smiled and said they saved $6/unit!....

I told him how I had spent $250 to put 8 megs in a PalmV before the VX was available... He just didn't get it.
    Voice maill I just got is attached...

Not much...I'm supposed to be getting a call from P1 tier 2 tech support.
    They didn't know about network time issue (thanks Jeff)

Listen for yourself...I'll update if anything becomes of it.
    ...recorded with mvoice
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Voice maill I just got is attached...

Not much...I'm supposed to be getting a call from P1 tier 2 tech support.
    They didn't know about network time issue (thanks Jeff)

Listen for yourself...I'll update if anything becomes of it.
    ...recorded with mvoice
    Hmmm, hopefully an influx of calls will open some eyes and get the right attention sent our way....I hope!
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    I think you meant Peter Skillman, head of hardware design. I've heard him say at the roadshow: "I personally wish there is 64 MB of ram in the 650" so I dont think he is responsible for pushing to save that $6/unit on the 650. Peter is a good guy. He was jotting down all the problems, complaints and suggestions of the roadshow attendees in that thick notebook.
    So what's been PalmOne's response to all those customer problems, complaints and suggestions?

You must have been at one of the later road shows when the tide was already turning.

I sat next to him... He was using the notebook for design ideas, and also had another Palm Unit one with a little more than 23 megs in it ....

Point being that He is not using the 650 as his only unit and therefore does not understand the limitations of the 650....

Sure, He was a nice guy but not in touch with the needs of people relying on the 650 as their one and only portable electronic device...
    I wonder how many management folks in Palmone are using the 650..or they chose not to use it as they all know the bugs with the phone.
    I'm curiious - has anyone called ?
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model
    I'm curiious - has anyone called ?
    read the thread and you'll see....

anyway, I got a call from a level 2 P1 tech. Had a long talk and outlined issues that we've had. I covered them all. P1 is trting to create an all encompassing patch to cover all of the bugs according to him. They are aware of the network time issue and have fixed it in this forthcoming patch (he said)

I basically said the reason I kept our two 650's aa well as many others is because of the P1 patch leaked through faisal (shadowmite patch). I wondered to him why they would not go ahead and release a patch for any one of the issues just to show the community that these issues (voice quality, memory mgt, BT call quality, network time, versamail crashing, blazer dynamic memory heap related crashes, etc) are being addressed. I told him that I love the product (form factor, palm OS, etc.) but also wondered to him how they could expect to compete with PPC with these issues. I don't want to see this product fade away because word isn't making it to the top that issues exist and should be addressed quickly. He noted my call with a case number and all that could stuff.

I felt like there was good communication. Who knows if it'll help any.
    I believe we have been patient enough! Calling in (courteously, mind you) and letting them know of the issues we're having can't hurt. Truthfully, if nothing else they should have to field our calls until the issues are resolved. If they are working on a patch, then say so. Put it out in a news letter or have it on your web page (much like Shadow posts his projects). To do this would go a long way with me. As I've said before, the BT volume issue is a HUGE one for me, with memory quickly becoming a close second. They've already admitted a memory issue by giving out the free SD cards. Where's the harm in telling us what you're working on?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.

What is the reasoning for saving $6 a unit......

Then giving a FREE 128 SD Card?

What is P1's cost on those cards, plus the "free" shipping costs to them?
    They didn't think anyone would notice, I'll bet...
    Quote Originally Posted by human_forklift

What is the reasoning for saving $6 a unit......

Then giving a FREE 128 SD Card?

What is P1's cost on those cards, plus the "free" shipping costs to them?
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12