1.    #1  
    My laptop does not have any BT capabilities and I was thinking about picking up a BT USB adapter for it. Question is, are there any advantages to hotsyncing via BT besides it being wireless? What are the transfer speeds? Is it any faster, slower or the same as a USB hotsync? How about reliability vs. wired sync?
    And finally, what BT USB adapters to you recomend? (I know that there are a few threads asking this same question I'm just looking for an update. D-link, Linksys, kengsington?).

TIA
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    No advantage except being wireless. The BT bandwidth is poor, so HotSyncs will be a lot slower than USB. Reliability is hard to judge--theoretically a wired connection would be less vulnerable to interference/dropouts. I persoanlly have a Mac-compatible D-link adaptor on my TiPB G4 and this works gerat for BT HotSync as well as DUN.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks J!
    I was thinking about either the D-Link DBT-120 or the Linksys USBBT-100. Leaning towards the Linksys as it claims up to 100 meters where as the D-Link says up to 33 ft. I didn't think BT was capable of more than 30+ft so that has confused me a bit.
    I guess the real advantage would be for DUN?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    No advantage except being wireless. The BT bandwidth is poor, so HotSyncs will be a lot slower than USB. Reliability is hard to judge--theoretically a wired connection would be less vulnerable to interference/dropouts. I persoanlly have a Mac-compatible D-link adaptor on my TiPB G4 and this works gerat for BT HotSync as well as DUN.
    Can you be more specific about how you are doing DUN? I just got my Treo 650 yesterday and am a Mac guy, so I can't use PDAnet. Did you use Shadowmite's ROM?
    I got the belkin 10 meter usb adapter because I wanted to minimize the bt signal leaking out of my apartment, I didn't get the D-link because the belkin looked cooler

I use it with my mac, and it is a lot slower when syncing vs usb especially when backing up files. But since it's wireless you can just do it and forget it. I also connect online via missing syncs internet connect and thats useful.

The only issue I'm having relates to missing sync I think, if I come home and try to sync it doesn't work, I then try to launch missing sync and it just bounces forever, I have to restart to get it to launch again. If I launch MS first and try to connect it works, I need to figure out why it's doing this.
    Kastegir--If you have a Sprint T650, then you can use Shadowmite's ROM. If you have a GSM one, do NOT reflash with his ROM. All you really need is his BT DUN stack. Please search the forums for Mac and T650 and BT DUN. Lots of detailed info.
    Quote Originally Posted by kastegir
    Can you be more specific about how you are doing DUN? I just got my Treo 650 yesterday and am a Mac guy, so I can't use PDAnet. Did you use Shadowmite's ROM?
    http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/

Great how-to if that's what you're asking.