1. KLR
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I received my unlocked 650 last Tues 2/15 and charged it up overnight. On Wednesday morning I put in my SIM card, slipped it into my cool yellow VAJA case and started using the phone. At that point I had not installed anything on it or even hot synched it yet. Twice that day the phone turned itself off as I was either putting the phone down gently in the console or on the car seat. Later that day I installed the desktop software and hot synched it and installed a few applications one at a time. After some of the hot synchs I had to do a reset others went fine. I have not had any of the the continuous looping that I've read about here in this forum. I have had one "freeze up" that happened after I switched the Treo on and then back off again fast. Then again yesterday, I had the phone turn itself off a couple of more times when I was basically just putting it back in my pocket. I've read here about some people having maybe a loose battery but I even took the back off and shook it a few times and it stayed on fine. The cover seems to be just fine and especially since it's in the case.

My question is do you all think that these few troubles warrant me sending it back to Palm and asking for a new one? Compared to some of the other problems that some of you have that I've been reading about mine doesn't seem too bad but the phone turning itself off REALLY bugs me. If I don't hear the tones when it powers on again I don't know that the wireless is off - I NEED A RELIABLE PHONE THAT STAYS ON.

After my experience with returning my husband's defective (orange blobs on the screen) 4 month old Treo 600 and getting a reconditioned (used) one in return, I don't want to wait too long before returning mine.

I wonder if anyone from PALM reads these message forums? Do they have a clue as to what is going on with so many of these new devices? Do they care?

Any help or suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks.
    Return it and get a new one. I have two Treo's. My Cingular works great and the unlocked one has the same problem. Send it back asap.
    Quote Originally Posted by KLR
    My question is do you all think that these few troubles warrant me sending it back to Palm and asking for a new one? ..................... If I don't hear the tones when it powers on again I don't know that the wireless is off - I NEED A RELIABLE PHONE THAT STAYS ON.
    I don't think that having a reliable device is too much to ask. The sooner you request a replacement the better. Normally within the first 30 days the exchange/return is unconditional.

I wonder if anyone from PALM reads these message forums? Do they have a clue as to what is going on with so many of these new devices? Do they care?
    Sometimes it is hard to tell. I think P1 is so wrapped up in its back order filling that they are pumping phones out the door w/o any type of serious quality control. If someone from PalmOne is reading these posts they need to report what they read to senior management. The loss from all these returns can eventually break the back of the Treo division of PalmOne. I heard their sales in general, including Zire and Tungsten, are now below normal.
    It's a shame you even have to ask the questions here. If a $600 telephone doesn't work as YOU think it should, it needs to go back to the store. Why is that concept so difficult around here?
    Send it back..
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur