1.    #1  
    i'm thinking of transferring my small business hosting to a new server that supports imap idle. Midshare told me they did, but now Mark from Chatter is questioning that (very nice of him to help me...) but does anyone know a definitive answer (or an alternative small bus hosting imap idle capable company??)

thanks
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    dreamhost.com supports it
  3.    #3  
    Does anyone know about midphase?
    Valueweb.com. That who has all my stuff, and Chatter works great.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    I have a couple of sites hosted at tekmage.com and have good success.

Tom
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I use aplus.net, and it works great w/ chatter. full idle/push capable.
    i use fastmail
    Asia Pacific Traveller (HK based)
    Fusemail is the best.
    I own a couple of servers on the Internet and I am quite happy to host IMAP IDLE mail for you. If you want this (for free for my fellow treo'ers) then drop me a PM.

If you do not have a domain I can attach it to one of the domains I own (palmcoder.net or ninetyten.com), or you can just point your MX record to one of the servers.

All I need is the name you want to host and I will create the account for you.

Justin
    Does anyone know of any hosting services that provide IMAP IDLE and JSP for a reasonable price?
    Quote Originally Posted by bvinson
    Does anyone know of any hosting services that provide IMAP IDLE and JSP for a reasonable price?
    what is jsp?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Java Server Pages
    I found what I think is the best deal on web hosting. If you sign up for Dreamhost's CDI (Crazy Domain Insane) plan, and pay for 1 year in advance, they give you the whole year for only $0.77 a month! You also get a free domain registration (yourdomain.com), which alone costs $7.95 from Godaddy. The total price for 1 year is $9.77.

I've been hosting a couple of my websites through them and they have great performance and bandwidth. With the CDI plan, you get:

• 2400 MB storage space
    • 120GB (!) a month of transfer
    • 600 email accounts
    • POP3/POP3S/IMAP/IMAPS support (plus IMAP idle)
    • SSH shell accounts
    • Web control panel
    • PHP/Perl/MySQL support

Anyway, if you're interested, the way to get the special price is this:

1. Pick the CDI (crazy domain insane plan)
    2. Choose to prepay for 1 year.
    3. Go to checkout
    4. When you get to the checkout screen, enter discount code "777" (no quotes) to get the discount.
    5. You will see the price change to $9.77.
    6. After the first year you only pay $7.95 a month (still the best deal I've seen for the bandwidth and storage you get).

Here is the link to get setup: DreamHost
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    ^ With the info illumin8 posted above I switched my domains from GoDaddy.com to DreamHost.com

GoDaddy no longer supports IMAP email, and the deal that I received from DreamHost is unbelievable!

Thanks again for the info.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    So how do you configure your email client with IMAP IDLE?
  16. Lew
    site5.com appears to handle IMAP IDLE.
    I'm having issues w/ my mail host and SPAM/Viruses. Does DreamHost offer server side virus/spam filtering?

Edit: Answered my own question...I see they have SpamAssasin.
    Last edited by Geckotek; 06/14/2005 at 12:37 PM.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Oh no.... dreamhost is recognizing my "mydomainname.co.tt" as as subdomain of "co.tt" and won't allow me to register unless I first register "co.tt" which of course I cannot do. The search continues...
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    everyone.net and mailsnare.net both offer good service and reasonable prices. mailsnare.net has a pretty decent browser based email interface for those times when you're not at your normal desktop and the Treo just won't cut it.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Couldn't pass up the deal on DreamHost so now, it's done. Just gotta move everything over. BLAH.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com