File Write: 69%
    File Read: 692%
    File Seek: 590%
    DB Export: 246%
    DB Import: 308%
    Record Access: 841%
    Resource Access: 800%

VSMark: 638
    I think the VFSMark numbers are a bit misleading. It may be the age of the app (the copyright is 5 years old), but the VFSMark numbers alone dont tell the story. Im not entirely sure what impact DB Export/Import and things like that have on the user experience, but I am positive that File Write and File Read do. I have an Ultra II and an Extreme III, and they VFSMarked around the same (498 or thereabouts). However, the difference in Write speed was 41% vs 221%, and you can TELL when you are taking pictures or running a BackupBuddyVFS to the card. The difference is NIGHT and DAY.

So, I guess my point is I wouldn't put too much stock on the overall VFS number and I would take a closer look at the read, and especially the WRITE numbers, which will definitely show up more in your daily experience as you store files in your card, make backups to your card, and read files off your card.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Like Opinion polls....get a free 1 gigger here:

http://www.internetopiniongroup.com/...00201&lid=1005

Not me <g>
    Quote Originally Posted by deanzsyclone
    I upgraded my card to a SD 1gb and now video plays nice and smooth! I'm very happy with this card, BUT it' keeps waking up my phone, any fix for this???????
    Your phone is broken. I had the same problem. I had to return the unit and get a new one. It does not wake up as it did on the old phone, Same SDcard.

It would wake up every hour or so very annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    take a look here for the best card... and remember there are different Sandisk cards that have different speeds...

http://heller.ca/cardspeed

I find it pretty interesting on that link that the fastest SD card out of ALL of them tested was the SimpleTech job that Palm gives away for free . And wehn I test it with CardSpeed, it basically says to toss the bugger away <grin>.

I want the Pretec job they talk about here:

http://www.maximumpda.com/more/1652_0_1_0_M
  6. Cas
    Can someone help me with the http://heller.co/cardspeed I am looking at the 1gb cards and it list 4 Lexar cards. The fasted does not have a model # and the other 3 are 32x cards but they range from 2nd best to 4th worst, but are they the same card? How is there this variance? I thought the chart took the averages of all "lexar 32x cards" or are they all different and I'm missing something...

Thanks for any help
    Yes, they are all different. However, the fact that they are soooo different also casts some doubt on the reliability or accuracy of VFSMark. If you take the same brand/model card and test it on the same model Treo, you should get results within a few points of each other. Some differences are up to 200 points. Weirdness.
    Cingular Treo 650
  8. Cas
    How do you choose a card if each batch of cards labeled as "lexar 32x" performs so differently? From the lexar web site they only make two 1gb cards the normal and 32x. Sounds like itís a bit of a lottery as to how good the card will be.
    I dont know if the cards are the ones that are actually that different, or if it is the VFSMark application itself (it is like 5 years old). I have read very good things about the Lexar 32X card, so you can't go wrong with it. It all depends on how much you want to spend and how fast a card you want. The Ultra IIs are rated at twice the speed of the Lexar, and the Extreme IIIs are rated at 4 times the speed of the Lexar. I could really tell the difference between an Ultra and an Extreme on my Treo. I paid $114 for my Extreme. I think they have them in stock at bhphoto.com. If you want to save $30-40, get something cheaper.
    Cingular Treo 650
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12