1.    #1  
    GSM model. Phone left on charger overnight. Woke up to find the phone portion shut off. When I try and turn it on I get "Not enough power to activate phone" yet the battery is fully charged. Then I try to turn it on again and it comes up but can't find service. I do a soft reset and everything is fine. This happened one other time.
    i would do a hard reset and if it ever happens again take it back.

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    GSM model. Phone left on charger overnight. Woke up to find the phone portion shut off. When I try and turn it on I get "Not enough power to activate phone" yet the battery is fully charged. Then I try to turn it on again and it comes up but can't find service. I do a soft reset and everything is fine. This happened one other time.
    This has happened twice to me as well. I was wondering if anyone else had seen the problem. In both cases the battery was well over 90% charged. A soft reset is the only thing that cured this in my case, too.

Mine is a GSM unlocked, btw.
    Cingular GSM model. Phone left on charger overnight. Woke up to find the phone portion shut off. When I try and turn it on I get "Not enough power to activate phone" yet the battery is fully charged. Then I try to turn it on again and it comes up but can't find service. I do a soft reset and same message. Hard reset, reloaded, still same isse...
    So in all cases does this message first appear for everybody the first time you tried to use the phone after charging it all night?

I'm sorry to hear that a hard reset did not cure the problem in your case, bcartertc. Have you tried removing the battery as well? I wonder if it has anything to do with a bug in the software that is reporting the battery status.
    Switched to fully charged second battery. Same issue. Switched SIM to Treo 600 and it worked fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcartertc
    Switched to fully charged second battery. Same issue. Switched SIM to Treo 600 and it worked fine.
    Did you reset after switching to the second battery? Are you using a GEMPLUS 64K SIM as mentioned in this thread?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=74723

Also, had this problem happened at all before this time? It has happened to me three times now, but in every case (knock on wood) a soft reset fixed it.
    Hard reset was after switching from second battery back to the fully charged original.
    Soft reset on second battery gave same issue.
    Hard reset has not been done on second battery. What do you think? Is it worth another Hard Reset with second battery?
  9.    #9  
    Yes, that's how it was for me. Mine was nowhere even close to being discharged when I plugged it in to the charger so the battery couldn't have died.

I posted this on Palm One's "tech (no)support" board a couple weeks ago and never got a response from them.

Edit: My 650 was an ATT model so the SIM wasn't an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by work2fish
    So in all cases does this message first appear for everybody the first time you tried to use the phone after charging it all night?
    Quote Originally Posted by bcartertc
    Hard reset was after switching from second battery back to the fully charged original.
    Soft reset on second battery gave same issue.
    Hard reset has not been done on second battery. What do you think? Is it worth another Hard Reset with second battery?
    I think you are at the point in which you have to send it in anyway as your problems are way more severe than mine... Therefore, there is nothing to lose.

I am trying to get some more data so we can come up with the set of conditions that this is happening under... I'll start:

Unlocked GSM 650
    old 32K GEMPLUS AT&T Wireless SIM
    all the standard apps, including ones from the PalmOne CD
    zlauncher 5.10.3
    snappermail 2.1.1.01
    pssh 2004-12-30
    Backgammon 4.3t
    cribbage 2.1
    spades 1.0
    scrabble 1.2
    upIRC 3.83
    splashID 3.22

Problem only appears to happen after first turn on of phone after being charged all night and it has happened 3 times to me thus far...
    I had the same problem with my Treo 650 unlocked GSM a couple of days after getting it. Tried every kind of reset imaginable - nothing worked. Called PalmOne, they diagnosed it as defective and sent me a new one. Haven't had the problem since . . .
    Called PalmOne, they diagnosed as defective and are sending me a new one.
    so i bought a 650 yesterday, put in the sim and i get the same not enough power message. i called the store and i am on my way to get an exchanged model. I did all the resets one could think of as well as taking the battery out, all to no avail. Of course all of this while awaiting my replacement 600 which should come tomorrow. You would think a company selling a million units could get their devices working properly before sending them out. This is my second 600 and now second 650 in one year, 4 phones, you gotta love it.

Thank god for treocentral, this is the best place to find answers for these things.
    thanks people
    I've met the same issue many times. I thought it might be because the cold winter. :-D