1.    #1  
    Do you use your treo 650 to stream shoutcast radio? Let us know your carrier and what rate you can handle without buffering. Also let us know your area.

(example)

t-mobile
    pocket pc phone
    32 kbps home
    24 kbps car
    new orleans, la
    Last edited by jcsickz; 02/20/2005 at 02:10 PM.
    It all depends on the location. In a strong cell area driving down the road I can stream Club977 at 128kb stereo just fine. At work and home 1 or 2 bars I can stream 32k mono with no hiccups.

Sprint
    T650
    128kb in car
    32 home/work
    Charleston, SC

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosteve
    I can stream Club977
    Ahh! My favorite channel!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I find it to be very channel dependent. I only stream in two places, home and work. Both places have 3 to 4 bars. I'm in southeast Houston and a lot of the channels I stream, even at rates as low as 32, have to buffer every few minutes. Other channels will stream at 56 just fine. At the same location at the same time. I have not been able to stream any rates higher that 56 without buffering. I don't know if it is network traffic that is causing me problems or what. Any ideas?
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    I can stream Groove Salad 56K with 1bar or 4 bars, home or car (haha). Get the occasional dropout, but nothing big.
    Sprint.
    Savannah, GA.
    (turbosteve, I MISS Charleston!!)
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I can get most of the 128kbs channels almost with no problem. I am using Sprint Treo 650 and live in Irvine, California.
    Anything up through 128k (occasional drops with bad signal)..... Awesome.

650 on Sprint
  8.    #8  
    anyone have any experiences to share with cingular and the 650 using edge?
    Yes. I'm'm streaming with Cingular and a 650 right now in San Francisco. However, I did place a request to have Cingular set my 650 to preference AT&T towers over Cingular ones because AT&T towers in SF apparently deliver better EDGE performance.

I'm getting Groove Salad 128 kbps without any problems from my desk. Also testing Digitally Imported 96 kbps w/o any issues. No question, this ROCKS compared to streaming 32 kbps (my old max with the 600)!

Stay tuned though as I'm taking it to the gym tonight and it will be interesting to see how it performs on the move indoors
    Off to iPhone land...