Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWowe
    That's not quite correct. If you hold the menu key for a few moments the command bar pops up (at least on 650). Graffiti anywhere isn't required.
    You're probably using a utility that provides the command bar functionality. That wasn't an out-of-the-box feature (at least on the Sprint version).
    Doc, you had me all excited there for a minute (every once in a while someone points out yet another obscure but very useful Treo feature that I didn't know about...). Holding the Menu key on the 600 just does a lot of nothing....

Still think navigating recent apps using the volume rocker would be schweet!
    If you hold the menu key for a few moments the command bar pops up (at least on 650). Graffiti anywhere isn't required.
    I can verify that holding the menu button on a Sprint Treo 650 does display the command toolbar. No need for Graffiti Anywhere!

Fantastic app, Mark! Great job on the docs, too.

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    Actually hilaucher works great. I hold the left 5 way down to go back to the last app.
    Mark, when you say "does not support applications on SD card," should that be read to include applications stored on the SD card but initiated through ZLauncher?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by arognlie
    You're probably using a utility that provides the command bar functionality. That wasn't an out-of-the-box feature (at least on the Sprint version).
    I suppose it's possible, I do have quite a few apps loaded, but none that I'm aware of that specifically provide that feature.

Maybe I'll find out for sure when the ROM upgrade arrives next week.
    I suppose it's possible, I do have quite a few apps loaded, but none that I'm aware of that specifically provide that feature.

Maybe I'll find out for sure when the ROM upgrade arrives next week.
    I think I figured this out.

The freeware app FieldPlus provides command toolbar functionality. Once you install FieldPlus, choose Command Bar from the drop-down list and select the checkbox "Holding menu opens commands bar." I think this is checked by default.

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    I don't have FieldPlus
    I use McPhling for this capability. I love it - give me most recently used apps as well as my favorite apps right on the top (or bottom) of the list.

It's shareware, though, not freeware.

http://www.mikemccollister.com/palm/ $12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    So here I am, browsing the web at Edge speed, chatting on Verichat, radio in my headset, checking and writing emails and when my friend comes I will take photos of her baby with the Treo phone - and if she's any later soon I will call her

How can I not love my Treo?
    Were you really browsing the web and chatting on VeriChat at the same time? How? How?
    I hate that when I browse the web it disconnects VeriChat. When I disconnect from the web, VeriChat automatically reconnects.
    Just downloaded the app (v 4.5) yesterday...have yet to install it. Will be reading the very helpful PDF file before I do anything!

When I install Clip PRO as well, I should have a pretty groovy multi-tasking T650!

BTW, are there any more Palm OS5 multi-tasking apps/extensions out for Palm OS 5 and above? PalmSource should look at this program to test out multi-tasking capabilities for the Cobalt OS!

#1 on my Wish list: the ability to open up multiple notepad/Blazer browser pages, Docs to Go Word/Excel/PP files and switch between them!
    ###
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    I use McPhling for this capability. I love it - give me most recently used apps as well as my favorite apps right on the top (or bottom) of the list.

It's shareware, though, not freeware.

http://www.mikemccollister.com/palm/ $12
    Another vote for McPhling..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    #1 on my Wish list: the ability to open up multiple notepad/Blazer browser pages, Docs to Go Word/Excel/PP files and switch between them!
    ###
    This would be a very nice function, just don't know if the processor can handle it though.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    That's not quite correct. If you hold the menu key for a few moments the command bar pops up (at least on 650). Graffiti anywhere isn't required.
    This doesn't work for me on my unlocked GSM T650. Are you certain you don't have an application that is enabling this behavior?
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    How about adding support for the PTT button on the T650? Seems like a good use for an otherwise useless button.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    This doesn't work for me on my unlocked GSM T650. Are you certain you don't have an application that is enabling this behavior?
    Butler has an option to make the Menu button behave that way.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    How about adding support for the PTT button on the T650? Seems like a good use for an otherwise useless button.
    PTT? What's that?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    The button below the Volume Up and Down buttons commonly known as the "Push-To-Talk" button (used by Nextel for the bleep-bleep iDen technology). Treo users have adopted the name after years of wishful thinking.
    Wonder if McPhiling--or some other program or hack--allows you to do the following: Let say you're in a application, the T650 rings, you answer it, but after you hang up, the T650 automatically takes you back to your previous application you were just using. That would be groovy.
    ###
    That should have been standard issue. To bad it wasn't.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123