Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tamura
    What key were you thinking of? -Mark
    Hi Mark, how about the Backspace key? That's the key right below the 'P' key, and it also functions as a "Back" key in Blazer.

Great app, by the way!

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    Hi Mark, i am on Treo 650, it is a great application. is it possible to make that we can use the 5-way key to access the list of apps after pushing the hard key? thanks very much.
    The problem is that, in it's current way of implementation, Switch5 will make the backspace key exclusive to Switch5, so it will not function as a backspace key anymore. That's what I am experiencing with the 4 hard buttons anyway. Can a "hold" be added so that you have to hold the key for a certain before Switch5 kicks in?

As to which key can you make it programmable such that any key can be assigned?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tamura
    What key were you thinking of? -Mark
    Hi Mark, how about the Backspace key? That's the key right below the 'P' key, and it also functions as a "Back" key in Blazer.
    Quote Originally Posted by tanster

Great app, by the way!

I don't think using the backspace key is a good idea. First all you could never backspace again Also there is considerable overhead in doing this (a lot more than just using a hard key). Its not impossible (ShortCut5 does this very thing - read keydown events) but I would prefer a different solution.

Thanks for your suggestion, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by erichuiabn
    Hi Mark, i am on Treo 650, it is a great application. is it possible to make that we can use the 5-way key to access the list of apps after pushing the hard key? thanks very much.
    I'm planning on adding this to the next version (support for the Handspring 5-way). The 5-way for Sony and Palm devices is already supported so it should be pretty easy to add this feature.

-Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    The problem is that, in it's current way of implementation, Switch5 will make the backspace key exclusive to Switch5, so it will not function as a backspace key anymore. That's what I am experiencing with the 4 hard buttons anyway. Can a "hold" be added so that you have to hold the key for a certain before Switch5 kicks in?
    I've personally never liked the 'hold' model. I've tried it with Graffiti Anywhere but it always seemed to take too much work. In my opinion, I would like 'switch to the previous app' to be easy and fast.

Have you tried using the command toolbar option? Or you could put the app launched by the hard key in the favorites list so that its always on the 'list of recent used apps'. -Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by erichuiabn
    Added to version 4.5 and just uploaded to palmgear. Also includes a much requested pdf doc. -Mark
    I'm planning on adding this to the next version (support for the Handspring 5-way). The 5-way for Sony and Palm devices is already supported so it should be pretty easy to add this feature.

-Mark
    Added to version 4.5 and just uploaded to palmgear. Also includes a much requested pdf doc. -Mark
    Great Job! I'm using the Treo 650 and I have mapped the "recent apps" function to Hard Key #3. I simply put what I previously had mapped to that button as a "favorite" and now I always have access to it as well. Even without being able to use the silk screen functionality to invoke this tool I love it.

Prior to version 4.5 I could usually use the "Handspring 5-way" to navigate the pop-up list but it would often go to the first item on the list when I did the down arrow on th 5-way. That seems to be fixed. Even now, with 4.5, I still find that if I position to the app I want to select and press the center button of the 5-way it not only takes me to that app but also does a center button push when I get to the app. For example, I position myself to the Web app, it takes me to Blazer and instead of being positioned to my Blazer bookmarks page (my default) it executes the bookmark and takes me to that website. Similarly, if I go to an App like TreoAlarm by pressing the center button, I go to TreoAlarm and my list of "weather cities" is opened. Usually, when you go to TreoAlarm this does not happen.

There is a work around, instead of pressing the center button of the 5-way, I can press the right or left on the 5-way and it will take me to the app that is highlighted by Switch5 with no problem. Just wasn't sure if this is what you intended or if other people were having this issue too. I suppose you could just document it as a feature.

Again thanks for a great, free, tool!!
    I have to confess that I do not like Switch5. I much prefer McPhling. McPhling isn't quite free, but it has no required registration to use, either. I guess you could call it "suggestware" since you can use it without registering as long as you want, but you get no support without registering (not that I've ever needed it).

McPhling offers the ability to use any custom key you choose to switch between two apps. It offers a "hold" function as well, so you can double up on a button. I have my left and right buttons set to "hold" for McPhling for switching between apps and displaying the list of favorite & most recent apps. It also supports memory card apps.

I certainly appreciate the developer's efforts for Switch5. I just find McPhling to do the job much better for me.
    can someone post a link to switch5 4.5 on palmgear beacause i cant find it
    thanks
    <center>Ultimate portal
    www.WebOnYourCell.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Keleko
    I have to confess that I do not like Switch5. I much prefer McPhling. McPhling isn't quite free, but it has no required registration to use, either. I guess you could call it "suggestware" since you can use it without registering as long as you want, but you get no support without registering (not that I've ever needed it).

McPhling offers the ability to use any custom key you choose to switch between two apps. It offers a "hold" function as well, so you can double up on a button. I have my left and right buttons set to "hold" for McPhling for switching between apps and displaying the list of favorite & most recent apps. It also supports memory card apps.

I certainly appreciate the developer's efforts for Switch5. I just find McPhling to do the job much better for me.
    Thanks for your comments. I couldn't agree more... Switch5 isn't for everyone. For those users who want more (key hold, custom keys, VFS support), they should get McPhling. Switch5 was never intended to be a McPhling replacement but rather a freeware alternative with a few less features.

-Mark
  12.    #32  
    I'm loving Switch5 and use it every day.
    Now I'm going to see if I can find the new 4.5 version...
    let me know if you are still having problems with Butler - I've had a tough time getting it 650 friendly, but I think I'm very close.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  14. yee
    The application is really simple to use, thanks. tamura, in next version, if Switch5 can program the applications those are installed in the SD card, that will be great.
  15.    #35  
    Just downloaded the later version and the Treo navigational keys seems to work great now in the list of recent apps. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by yee
    The application is really simple to use, thanks. tamura, in next version, if Switch5 can program the applications those are installed in the SD card, that will be great.
    VFS support won't be added to Switch5. You can either get McPhling which supports VFS -or- use Switch5 with TealAlias (or the like) which allow VFS apps to have links in main memory.

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoFever
    can someone post a link to switch5 4.5 on palmgear beacause i cant find it
    thanks
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodID=50373

-Mark
  18. yee
    thanks tamura, I will try TealAlias
    Hey Mark,
    Would you be willing to change it so that the volume rocker on the Treo can be used to for previous app? I really have no desire to install GA, and am too happy with my current button assignments to change them...

Just a thought
    Anyways, with a Treo 600/650 because there is no silkscreen area, you'll need to enable it using either the command tool bar (upward slash stroke... you'll need Graffiti Anywhere) or a hard key.
    That's not quite correct. If you hold the menu key for a few moments the command bar pops up (at least on 650). Graffiti anywhere isn't required.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast