1.    #1  
    (Can one of the administrators make this into a sticky thread, please)

This thread is for all those out there who (a) are very happy with their new Treo 650 and (b) have discovered some feature that has made their life easier.

For me, it has to be the favorites section of the Phone application. To be able to call dozens of people with a single key press is great. In Bangkok, we have bad traffic problems. I spend a lot of my day sitting in the car. These are the times that I get on the phone and talk to colleagues, customers and friends. But, I don't want to be fumbling with phone numbers or searching my way through contact databases to make a call while driving. So, for the 20 or so people with whom I speak the most often, I have been able to set up a favorite in the phone application. I have attached a single key to the main ones. One key-press-hold and the phone is calling them - great stuff.

I have added "Butler" to my Treo 650 because it enhances the above capability by allowing that key press from within the launcher or any application.

Please jump into this thread with the things that you like about your Treo 650. It might help others to enhance their experience.

Regards
    Peter
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I love my Treo650 display its the best on the market. I love Mcpling application it is a great under talked about app which give you the feeling you are multitasking.

http://www.mikemccollister.com/palm/

http://www.mikemccollister.com/palm/images/McPhling.gif
    1. I especially love the screen and how clear small fonts are.

2. Love using a program like "Express" and realizing just what info I have access to in the palm of my hand..the 411 feature alone has saved me $10.00 this week! Yes I am lazy and should pick up a phone book but when I'm on the go and need a number or address I can find it fast!

3. I like the option to have multiple programs enabling me to make my life alot easier, of course I have always had that being a palm owner for years but *finally* I no longer have to carry 2 devices...having my phone and palm all in one is what I have always wanted.

4. Love using snappermail and having it check my POP email every 15-30 minutes, never again do I have to rush back to the office wondering if an important email has arrived..I get it almost instantly and can reply...I work from home so this allows me alot more time to get out and not worry whats going on back at home.

5. The thoughts of what we will have in the years to come...The Treo650 is amazing and makes a big difference in my life, I can't wait for future versions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter-BKK
    (Can one of the administrators make this into a sticky thread, please)

This thread is for all those out there who (a) are very happy with their new Treo 650 and (b) have discovered some feature that has made their life easier.

For me, it has to be the favorites section of the Phone application. To be able to call dozens of people with a single key press is great. In Bangkok, we have bad traffic problems. I spend a lot of my day sitting in the car. These are the times that I get on the phone and talk to colleagues, customers and friends. But, I don't want to be fumbling with phone numbers or searching my way through contact databases to make a call while driving. So, for the 20 or so people with whom I speak the most often, I have been able to set up a favorite in the phone application. I have attached a single key to the main ones. One key-press-hold and the phone is calling them - great stuff.

I have added "Butler" to my Treo 650 because it enhances the above capability by allowing that key press from within the launcher or any application.

Please jump into this thread with the things that you like about your Treo 650. It might help others to enhance their experience.

Regards
    Peter
    Peter,

Did you buy your treo 650 in BKK ? If so, where and how much ? Is it an unlocked international version ? Thanks.

KeNg
    great to see the bkk guys happy with the 650!

you proof it: careful approach, and everything should be fine.

tomorrow monday is the official P1 launch in a bkk hotel. cant wait to get my hands on it.

enjoy! -
    Voice Dial by Voice Signal has made all the difference to me with my new Treo 650. I love the fact that I can now make a call hands-free now just by pushing my call answer button on my wired-headest and speaking my contact number or name! Wow!
    This is my first smartphone and second Palm OS product (my first was the Palm III) and I LOVE IT! Being able to access practically any type of information at anytime and (almost) anywhere makes life much easier. Oh, and I was a former BlackBerry user (7100t) and the Treo 650 blows it away.

Some of my favorite apps:
    1. Chatter Email
    2. Win-Hand: remote desktop access to your Windows-based PC.
    3. Express Apps (Maps, 411, Weather, etc.): access to data anytime. The Maps program has proven very useful when I'm going to open houses.

Planning on trying Directory Assistant as it appears to be more robust than Express' 411 app.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    I love my Treo cause I no longer have to carry my phone AND my Palm.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    love it very much because it's a combined device and I can use it for
    1. reading ebook
    2. listening mp3
    3. playing games, e.g. zuma
    4. daily tasks + phone (must have) - but have the above as leisure items.
    Asia Pacific Traveller (HK based)
    Cant wait to take mine to BKK to try it out. Do they have any carriers with good data on a non contract? I usualy use oarnge when im there every year but not for data.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    I love that I replaced my Motorola V620, Blackberry 7750, and PalmOne Tungsten T3 in 1 shot. ChatterEmail has answered my needs beautifully. Giving up the Blackberry would have been impossible otherwise.
    Love the Zen of Palm.....
    I enjoy...

*Listening to MP3s/shoutcast streams
    *Checking multiple e-mail accounts with Snappermail
    *Accessing Word docs and spreadsheets
    *Using my BT headset

And with the much improved screen resolution, I love...

*Watching DVDs (loaded to my 1GB SD)
    *Connecting remotely to my Desktop using Win-Hand (freeware!)
    *Reading ebooks using smaller fonts
    *Reading RSS feeds (QuickNews)
    *Playing NES Roms on NesEm -- the graphics rock on the T650!
    "Once a new technology rolls over you, if you're not part of the steamroller, you're part of the road." - Stewart Brand
    Yes, I love the 650's screen! Simply awesome. Also, the fact that I can carry both PDA and phone in one hand - use to have Pocket PC & cell phone.

Express is one of the best apps you could have for this phone - check stocks, movies, news, weather, 411, directions, all on the fly and up to date. Great to have.

Butler is cool too because now I can see that I missed a call or text message
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    uh huhuhuhuh.... it vibrates
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    Is that there is nothing to dislike about this wonderful toy...........
    For all of the above and the many yet to be discovered features.....
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    -That I can type a txt/short email, send it, etc. all with 1 hand ( impressive for a device with a keyboard! )
    1 | 2
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    All-in-one device. Super screen. Camera. Great keyboard layout. Mp3 player. Tons of software (installed mostly in my MMC). Compact size. Enough said.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    I have been a Palm fan from the days of the Palm Pilot. Upgraded to the 650 from the 180 and love it. Really snazzy piece of equipment. Works well, bright screen that draws gasps all around and back lit keyboard too....I could keep going on...

Venkat
    Mumbai ( Bombay ) India
    *Probably* the first Treo user from Mumbai.