1.    #1  
    Someone at www.chatteremail.com says that his phone goes into a reset loop when shutting off the radio while Chatter is running. This clearly doesn't happen on T600's or the Sprint T650. Anyone care to try this on their Cingular or unlocked GSM T650?

Marc
    just turned the radio off while Chatter was the active program. no reset loop. running 1.0.3b5. Cingular T650.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, Scott....
    mblank, I have an unlocked Treo 650 running Chatter Email 1.0.2. I tried your experiment and had no problems what so ever. I don't know if I'm looking in the wrong place, but on the "Phone Info" sheet, the Software is listed as Treo650-1.05-ROW, the Hardware is listed as "A", but there is nothing showing for Firmware. Am I in the right place? I'm using T-Mobile Service.
    I have an unlocked 650 and it did act weird a few times when I shut off the radio while Chatter is running, although it didn't go into a reset loop. What happened is that it complained of a possible SIM card error a couple of times before it went quiet. What it seemed like to me is that Chatter was trying to connect still and it took it a few seconds to recognize that the radio was off. When it happens again, I will record the error messages more carefully.
  6.    #6  
    Chatter detects when the radio is off and just sits around waiting for it to come back on again. It doesn't perform any network actions in that state.

Marc
    I have a related issue:

1. If Chatter is running and I switch off the radio while not in Chatter, I get the following message 100% of the time:

"Error: Please check your SIM card to see if it is missing or damaged. (0x7004)"

2. If I am in Chatter and I switch off the radio, the error does not occur.

3. If Chatter is not running, I do not get the message when switching off the radio.

This is a consistent occurrence, but it does not appear to have any other effect that I can tell so far. The only exception to the above was on switching off the radio earlier today after it having been on for a couple of days straight, I got a reset rather than the SIM error.

-Wade

P1 T650 unlocked
    Cingular
    64k SIM - not Gemplus (# does not end with G)...maybe Axalto?
    Firmware: 01.14
    Software: Treo650-1.05-ROW
    Hardware: A

Stock, plus Chatter, Uninstall Manager, Backup Buddy & Docs2Go
  8.    #8  
    reguy - What version of Chatter are you running?
    Knew I'd forget some important piece of info.

1.0[61:15]
    Your questioned prompted me to check your website. Wow, you've been very busy in the past few weeks.

I'm considering jumping to the beta b8. If I load it, do I need to rebuild the accounts as noted for b4?

[Edit: I see now in your forum that rebuild is required.]

Thanks.
    Wade
    Last edited by reguy; 02/23/2005 at 02:03 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Hi, Wade... I THINK it's necessary, but I'm not positive. My sense of risk/reward suggests that it's worthwhile.

Marc
    Am rebuilding now...
    Same behavior with b8.

Quote Originally Posted by reguy
    I have a related issue:

1. If Chatter is running and I switch off the radio while not in Chatter, I get the following message 100% of the time:

"Error: Please check your SIM card to see if it is missing or damaged. (0x7004)"

3. If Chatter is not running, I do not get the message when switching off the radio.

This is a consistent occurrence, but it does not appear to have any other effect that I can tell so far. The only exception to the above was on switching off the radio earlier today after it having been on for a couple of days straight, I got a reset rather than the SIM error.

-Wade

P1 T650 unlocked
    Cingular

Stock, plus Chatter 1.0[61:15], Uninstall Manager, Backup Buddy & Docs2Go
  14.    #14  
    I have no idea what's up with that. The couple people who have seen this all have unlocked GSM T-650's, for what it's worth.

Marc
    There are rumors that this is an issue with the 64k SIM chip. Some say Cingular is replacing them with chips from a different vendor.

I have a related issue:

-Wade

P1 T650 unlocked
    Cingular

Stock, plus Chatter, Uninstall Manager, Backup Buddy & Docs2Go
  16.    #16  
    cdarsey - Thanks for that!

Marc
    Same behavior with b8.
    Marc, first off, love the product. Have been running Chatter for about 10 days now. No major problems as of yet (other than viewing PDF attachments, which I know is not a Chatter problem).

If I shut off the radio, but forget to disconnect Chatter, I get this same "SIM error" message. No reset loop, though.

I am runing 1.0 on a Cingular 650
    Quote Originally Posted by coxm
    Marc, first off, love the product. Have been running Chatter for about 10 days now. No major problems as of yet (other than viewing PDF attachments, which I know is not a Chatter problem).

If I shut off the radio, but forget to disconnect Chatter, I get this same "SIM error" message. No reset loop, though.

I am runing 1.0 on a Cingular 650
    Exactly same issue. Cingular locked Treo 650. 1.0.3.1.
    Same compliments, too. Let me add that I think this is the finest email client that I have ever used. Starting it side-by-side with Outlook on a state-of-the-art PC on a T1 connection, Chatter is faster at opening the box and receiving messages.