Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. raziel's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
       #1  
    Just got it in today. Tore open the box and put in the battery (kind of a pain in the ***). I was very impressed on how small and light the Treo was. Popped in the SIM and recognized my T-Mobile network settings no problem. Next I opened up Blazer but for some reason it couldn't load up the webpages. Then I entered in the proxy address that I found on this forum and it worked perfectly. I think I am in the Edge area so I'm gonna enjoy this speed for $4.99 while it lasts. It's kind of weird that I have to use a proxy because I didn't have to on my Nokia 6600. Doesn't make any sense but oh well.

    Next I tried Agile Messanger and Mundu for instant messaging. Both won't connect. Again, I find this strange because Agile Messanger works fine on my old phone. Then I finally gave in and downloaded Verichat and that connected just fine. Now I'm a bit pissed off that I have to pay another $24.99. At least I have 2 weeks before I have to register.

    Synced fine with Outlook and all my contacts are in the Treo. Since my previous PDA was an IPAQ 4155, comparing between the two, Palm's contact list looks horrible. Whatever, I could deal with it for now. Phone volume is great and the speaker volume is OK. Could be a bit louder. Vibrate mode sucks to the point where it's almost useless. Also irrated by the fact that it doesn't have built in voicedial like most other phones do. I paired it up with my Sony Ericsson HB60 and it works great, but no freakin voice dial!

    Anyway, for now... it's so far so good
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
  2. #2  
    didn't read all of that...well, only the first line, but how was putting the battery in a pain in the ***?
    1 | 2
  3. #3  
    LOL. He was just being sarcastic and humorous.

    Soulreaver, congrats. But you should tape the tore up box, in case you change your mind

    As for voice dial, here's a nice freebie for you, Voice Pad. It worked well for me when I had the Treo650. I picked it up at Treocentral.

    Here's the old thread, where I picked it up.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=voice+pad
    Attached Files Attached Files
  4. #4  
    FYI, I heard a lot of others using VoiceDial, too.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
  5. #5  
    FYI, your Nokia phone was using the WAP connection and the proxy is built into the settings for the WAP, that's why you didn't seem to need to enter it (but it was still being used). Blazer is trying to use full HTML instead of WAP, so when you use it with T-Zones you need to use a proxy setting. If you were using it with T-Mobile Internet you wouldn't need the proxy setting.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    LOL. He was just being sarcastic and humorous.

    Soulreaver, congrats. But you should tape the tore up box, in case you change your mind

    As for voice dial, here's a nice freebie for you, Voice Pad. It worked well for me when I had the Treo650. I picked it up at Treocentral.

    Here's the old thread, where I picked it up.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=voice+pad
    I believe Voice pad is a voice recorder not a voice dial software. The CD that came with your phone has Voice Dial by Voice Signal but only recognizes spoken numbers. The registered version will recognize names in your contacts but you need to fork out $19.99 for it. I agree that lack of Voice Dial and mp3 ringer built in for a $600+ phone is not acceptable since it is becoming more of a standard even on free phones. But atleast the options are there. Fortunately for me I got my 650 as a free upgrade so spending the extra $$ for those features doesn't bother me.
  7. #7  
    yea somtime t-zones blocks port 80. I use a special version of verichat which is awesome and always connects with t-zones. You can email pdaapps for the special t-zones version. I would upgrade to tmo Internet but they cannot add it to my account because i have blackberry and if I remove blackberry my company will not pay my expense so Im stuck with tzones.

    Also you will notice optimized mode in blazer does not work if you use a different proxy but I have to with tzones. As only about 30% of my connections give me port 80.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I believe Voice pad is a voice recorder not a voice dial software. The CD that came with your phone has Voice Dial by Voice Signal but only recognizes spoken numbers. The registered version will recognize names in your contacts but you need to fork out $19.99 for it. I agree that lack of Voice Dial and mp3 ringer built in for a $600+ phone is not acceptable since it is becoming more of a standard even on free phones. But atleast the options are there. Fortunately for me I got my 650 as a free upgrade so spending the extra $$ for those features doesn't bother me.

    errr...which part of the cd has voice dial by voice signal ?
    can't find it here.....
    or this is sprint exclusive thingy?
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
  9. #9  
    You can download the exact same thing from the palmOne website:

    http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...cedialing.html

    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    errr...which part of the cd has voice dial by voice signal ?
    can't find it here.....
    or this is sprint exclusive thingy?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    You can download the exact same thing from the palmOne website:

    http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...cedialing.html

    thanks
    you're da man!
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
  11. raziel's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    FYI, your Nokia phone was using the WAP connection and the proxy is built into the settings for the WAP, that's why you didn't seem to need to enter it (but it was still being used). Blazer is trying to use full HTML instead of WAP, so when you use it with T-Zones you need to use a proxy setting. If you were using it with T-Mobile Internet you wouldn't need the proxy setting.
    Ah thanks for the info. That actually explains a lot.
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
  12. raziel's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
       #12  
    Okay, experienced my first random reset today. I think it had something to do with me installing the LJP emulator (plays SNES, Genesis, NES, etc games). The emulator works OK but a bit unstable and it eats a lot of system memory. After using it, I reset it myself once to flush it out of memory.

    However, it did a weird random reset out of nowhere and when doing *#377, it logged "A reset was caused on 2/21/05 at 4:29om while running 'Phone': Fatal Exception.

    I'm hoping it has something to do with the LJP emulator, instead of it just doing it for another unknown reason.
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)

Posting Permissions