1.    #1  
    Treo650 vs 600: hottest apps!

Okay. now that you all have your CdmA and GSm treo 650s, and since I'm waiting for my gsm unlocked from P1, (I got it on hold actually) what apps do you have on the fiddy that we 600 users might crave?? Since our memory layout differs, i wanted to show off what i can load and do with my 600 that may make you upgraders say "damn" "I miss that feature"..anyway here goes...

First off we can hit the space bar to enable the speakerphone! (that's gotta be like 50points dawg!)

Um. The week view in calendar?

Um. The callback feature by hitting the center button upon hanging up.
    Alright, i know that's mean, but i feel like picking a fight. (moderators included)
    I have loaded:
    Bible with You
    pocket tunes deluxe
    federal rules of criminal and civil procedure(Yep. They don't want it with us super-patriots)
    Avantgo
    Snappermail (versa who?)
    wmodem for macs
    adobe reader
    launcherx
    kinoma ex
    the Constitution
    Bill of Rights
    Declaration of Independence
    Pennsylvania Constitution
    1 gb sandisk card ultra2
    Games, scrabble
    tetris, Zap2016,ms pacman, warfare inc., nes ems, bejeweled2,
    Splashphoto
    Splash Money
    Tip Pro
    Verichat
    Soundrec
    Treoguard and I'm outta breath... but i can continue
    Backupman
    Card Export 2
    Alarmlist
    Agendus 9.. Feeling lucky punk? huh? You had better get Silverado to rescue you.
    Want more? huh?
    Aside from the ones that come preloaded, the following is what I have "considered" (some done considering, some haven't looked at yet) with the ones in Bold actually installed and in use.

AlwaysOn
    AvantGo
    BackUpBuddyBundle
    BrightCam
    Butler
    CallFilter
    CardKeeper installed and removed (wouldn't work)
    CleanUp
    ClockPop5
    Converter
    CradleCare
    Crash
    DayCalc
    DateCalc (preferences bug cause crash)
    Destallerpro
    DiddleBug
    Diet&ExerAss't (Palm)
    Directory ***'t
    DocsToGo
    DualDate
    DueYesterday
    EasyCalc
    FileZ
    FlightStatus
    FlyBackup
    FlyZipXR
    FuelRecord
    GraffitiAnywhere
    HandyShopper
    IconManager
    Initiate
    Kidschore
    LauncherX Removed
    MegaLauncher
    Metro
    MiniBar
    MyCar
    NeatFreakPak
    NotifyMe
    OnCradleOn
    PalmPuke
    PDAReach
    Pocket Express
    PowerRun
    Rogame Util. Bundle
    ScaretheDog
    SilkScreen
    Softick Card Export
    SoundRec
    SpaceTime
    Stoic
    Stop3Watch
    Sync All
    Thumbscan (nice goof)
    TideTool
    TimeSyncXT
    TimeWhiz
    TipPro
    TrackerDog
    TreoAlarm
    TreoGuard
    TreoSelectText
    Vindingo
    VoiceDial
    Uninstall Manager

Things I want:

- I'd like to find a simple launcher that givea me "small" tabs across the stop of the screen but which didn't mess with the clear, uncluttered standard interface. Everything I have looked at, to my view, is a serious downgrade to the stanbdard UI. I'd lke small tabs across the top with just 1 letter in them, say "A" - Apps, "C" = Communications, "S" = System, "U" = Utilities. LaucherX while the cleanest of what I have looked at, the tabs are way too big and eat up too mech screen real estate.

- A decent stop watch app.....looked at haf a dozen, so far the stop3watch program from my Palm Vx seems most suitable to my needs....but would prefer something written since the advent of a color screen.

- Stray on in Cradle app...of course gotta wait for the cradle to actually be available. Have Stoic, always on, on crade on and others in my "watch list". Of course this goes hand in hand with figuring out how to take the 650 from the pocket to the car to the office cradle with the least amount of hassle and most amount of usability.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    - A decent stop watch app.....looked at haf a dozen, so far the stop3watch program from my Palm Vx seems most suitable to my needs....but would prefer something written since the advent of a color screen.
    Have you looked at Bob's Alarm?