Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just purchased a Treo 650 through Sprint and was looking for a more robust call manager. So I installed Callfilter 1.2 and it works fine other than I can't figure out how to get the mp3 ringers to work. I used my PC's memory card reader to transfer the mp3 files directly to my Treo's SD card.

I can point the program to the mp3 files on my SD card but they won't play when I try to test them through the program. The mp3 ringers also don't work when I receive an incoming call.

Is there a particular way that I should be setting them up? Is Callfilter fully supporting the 650? Maybe I'm just putting the files in the wrong directory on the card?

Thanks for any help
    callfilter is NOT updated for the 650. should be any day now
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info, I'll look for the new release in the coming days
    From what i understand callfilter for T650 will be available this week.

I can't wait. Some annoying callers I want to send right to voicemail.
    "Rumours" had it that the new release was going to be ready a few days ago..still no signs of it.. Fingers crossed.....
    I had wrote an email to their support on Thursday and he mentioned they are pushing to have it released this week and were just porting it over...
    Rob tossed up a memo in our support forum over at mtdn about the release, it basically said that he's expecting it to be out sometime this week. From the last time I talked to him it sounded like he had a working version, but wanted to clear up some of the minor bugs it had before putting it out.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

are we getting close to a 650 release ???????????????????????????
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I'll be waiting as well.
    Waaaiiiitttiinngggg....
    It will be released when the author feels like he's made you all wait long enough.
    He owes you no information, what do you all think you're his customers or something?

As great as this product appears to be I can't help but think about how many sales he misses out on because of his extremely poor ability to communicate with customers and update on a consistent and timely basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    It will be released when the author feels like he's made you all wait long enough.
    He owes you no information, what do you all think you're his customers or something?

As great as this product appears to be I can't help but think about how many sales he misses out on because of his extremely poor ability to communicate with customers and update on a consistent and timely basis.
    He's not as bad as Toysoft...sheesh, they are so on my list....
    Actually, Toysoft appears exactly opposite to me, they release many updates, which by most accounts make things worse.
    Yeah, I agree with primate. Rob takes the slow, steady and assured route. Toysoft uses the public to test the quality of their product while Velocityware (rob) does an exhausitive product inspection. Really in my half a year of running support for Velocityware's Callfilter I have yet to find anyone that has had a problem that was solely Callfilter's fault. Rob did such a great job programming that in most cases I just have to help people set up the configuration the way that they want it.

Rob has been working hard on the new version of Callfilter, he's been updating it and fixing quite a few of the bugs that he's found. I really don't have a solid eta, it's really just a matter of how fast Rob can figure out the solutions to the few remaining bugs. I am hoping he'll have it done in the next several days.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

PREACH BROTHER!!!!!!
    Heh, the new version is being worked on and it'll be out once all the bugs are worked out. I know you guys want it all now. I couldn't even imagine the backlash if Rob rushed a release and it had some bad bugs. Oh man, the email would be filled with "The hell was rob thinking about releasing this?" and the forums would be full of "Rob shoulda fixed it before releasing it!".

Take it a day at a time and it'll be out before you know it.

Personally I'd prefer waiting for a tested version than one the author knows has many bugs yet keeps adding features without making the other ones work properly and consistently

Do you really think that the author is doing this as some sort of powertrip?Come on now! Personally, I get extremely PISSED OFF when any product, for which I am anxious to receive, is pushed out the door with problems! This sort of demanding only reminds of of the little kids in the back seat on a long trip doing the "Are we there yet...Are we there yet...Are we there yet" bit. It gets really old! I am certain that those who are demanding the immediate release of a product, for which the author does not feel is ready, will be the first to COMPLAIN about the shoody QA process if it is delivered in a less-than-perfect state. It is funny the term 'author' is used...This infers there is some level of art involved. Would you want a book released without all of the chapters complete? How about a CD without the guitar tracks having been laid down yet?

The author is communicating. He does so through his support person. We have been told that the product is being worked on. We have been told that it would be a free update to those who have already purchased. An estimated date of released has been provided. This estimated date was missed. As I mentioned earlier, programming is partly an art and as such takes time to perfect. This was an estimated release date after all! Please show some dignity and cut the author some slack. After all he did provide a solution that has obviously proven to be beneficial to Treo users. **** him off and see what you get. You won't be happy until you've killed the golden goose! Go ahead and go to another solution! Why did you not choose this other solution to begin with? Because this is a better solution! All good things come with time.

Rob, I am not currently using any ringtone/call filtering program. I am patiently awaiting a quality product from you when you feel it meets the level of quality you put into you prior releases that have garnered such a reputation. Please do not release CallFilter for the Treo 650 GSM until you feel it is perfect.

Thank you
    i
    Last edited by imott; 02/25/2005 at 02:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Right on, imott. I was without a smartphone at all, and waited on the 650 rather than get the 600 last year when I was in the market to buy, and similarly, I am not even going to try any of CallFilter's competitors because of CallFilter's solid reputation. It's just worth waiting for the best product that's out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by imott
    Do you really think that the author is doing this as some sort of powertrip?Come on now! Personally, I get extremely PISSED OFF when any product, for which I am anxious to receive, is pushed out the door with problems! This sort of demanding only reminds of of the little kids in the back seat on a long trip doing the "Are we there yet...Are we there yet...Are we there yet" bit. It gets really old! I am certain that those who are demanding the immediate release of a product, for which the author does not feel is ready, will be the first to COMPLAIN about the shoody QA process if it is delivered in a less-than-perfect state. It is funny the term 'author' is used...This infers there is some level of art involved. Would you want a book released without all of the chapters complete? How about a CD without the guitar tracks having been laid down yet?

The author is communicating. He does so through his support person. We have been told that the product is being worked on. We have been told that it would be a free update to those who have already purchased. An estimated date of released has been provided. This estimated date was missed. As I mentioned earlier, programming is partly an art and as such takes time to perfect. This was an estimated release date after all! Please show some dignity and cut the author some slack. After all he did provide a solution that has obviously proven to be beneficial to Treo users. **** him off and see what you get. You won't be happy until you've killed the golden goose! Go ahead and go to another solution! Why did you not choose this other solution to begin with? Because this is a better solution! All good things come with time.

Rob, I am not currently using any ringtone/call filtering program. I am patiently awaiting a quality product from you when you feel it meets the level of quality you put into you prior releases that have garnered such a reputation. Please do not release CallFilter for the Treo 650 GSM until you feel it is perfect.

Thank you
    i
    He's communicating through his support person says who? You? Or maybe Tekara? I can't seem to find a thread from Rob anywhere that states "I am leaving for awhile, and I don't care to communicate with any of you, yet I am leaving "Tekara" in charge of my Q&A here on TC". Hell, now that Shadowmite says he's leaving, hows about I announce to everyone right now, that any questions you have for him, should be directed towards me. I'll answer them. Not because I'm getting paid by Shadowmite, but because I would love to see just how gullable, and naive people truly are. He tells us every week, maybe next week, maybe this weekend, maybe Monday. Just stop it! Until I "SEE" different, I feel callfilter is a lost cause on the 650, so I will continue, as I have been, searching for an alternative. Developers out there; Any takers?!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast