Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by bebrewer
    WOW....what an F'ing drama this thread is

I'm new to the smartphone world and all I can say is that I hope this software is as good as all of the hype/drama leading up to its release..haha

Seriously though, everyone should just cool off until it gets here. Impuning the integrity of the developer over minor date slippage is ludicrous. For video gamers, Half-Life 2 was almost 2 years late, so a few weeks is nothing. Does anyone have patience these days? You know stress is a quick way to heart attacks at a young age.
    ya it gets that way here sometimes.

CF is amazing software. Thats why many of us would like it to work on our 650's. There's nothing like it.

The delay of Half-Life 2 didnt keep HL1 from working on a newer computer.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    You are all a bunch of F-ing whiners! Shut the F UP!!!

Rob, Quit programming! Or program for only yourself! See what happens when you get a great idea and make a great product? People think that you owe them the world for the purchase price of $29.95! My god! I would really love to see any one of those whining about the release of CF for the GSM 650 or for an update to the CDMA version learn to code something for themselves!

I have been patiently awaiting the release of CF for the T650 GSM. But I would be able to live if you bailed on the project just to spite the whiners. I've been looking for a reason to learn to code!

PEACE OUT
    i
    Quote Originally Posted by imott
    You are all a bunch of F-ing whiners! Shut the F UP!!!

Rob, Quit programming! Or program for only yourself! See what happens when you get a great idea and make a great product? People think that you owe them the world for the purchase price of $29.95! My god! I would really love to see any one of those whining about the release of CF for the GSM 650 or for an update to the CDMA version learn to code something for themselves!

I have been patiently awaiting the release of CF for the T650 GSM. But I would be able to live if you bailed on the project just to spite the whiners. I've been looking for a reason to learn to code!

PEACE OUT
    i
    it's obviously not a good idea to forget your medication.

Rob owe's only the people who bought his product. If he quits programming it wont be the end of the world.

Looking forward to your first app. Whats it gonna do?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Not sure where all the talk about paying for a cmda 650 for the developer came from. I don't know about you but I am not in the habit of supplying what would normally be considered a required item to someone who is developing a product that people actually pay for? Seems like that's what the money used to buy the software is for....... With as much following as CF apparently has, I can't imagine the revenue it generates cannot pay for the hardware necessary to continue it's development.

In the case of a developer creating something (like Shadowmite for example) on their own for the benefit of others without charging for it - I'll contribute every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    it's obviously not a good idea to forget your medication.

Rob owe's only the people who bought his product. If he quits programming it wont be the end of the world.

Looking forward to your first app. Whats it gonna do?
    with all said and done you can always take a look at Lightwav which has wav/mp3/midi ringtones, custom jgp/gif animation callerID, sms and voice blocking and more... www.toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Not sure where all the talk about paying for a cmda 650 for the developer came from. I don't know about you but I am not in the habit of supplying what would normally be considered a required item to someone who is developing a product that people actually pay for? Seems like that's what the money used to buy the software is for....... With as much following as CF apparently has, I can't imagine the revenue it generates cannot pay for the hardware necessary to continue it's development.

In the case of a developer creating something (like Shadowmite for example) on their own for the benefit of others without charging for it - I'll contribute every time.
    Here is the origin of the "buy a sprint 650 for Rob" stuff. Link and excerpt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekara on MTDN
    Rob does his best, but this time around he got popped by having a GSM phone when a CDMA phone would have gotten him further. It's hard to buy a phone with full contract that will be nearly sweeped under the carpet after a short time. Especially now that we are starting to see the first signs of the GSM launch.

What would make Rob put out a new version asap? I would easily say that if someone donated him a sprint 650 w/ plan. Then he could work with callfilter on it he'd have a new version out in no time. Heck, I bet this would even give him the Opportunity to make callfilter more solid for the sprint phones.

Please do keep pushing, it really does show the appreciation that you guys have for his work. Feel free to send in emails of support as well!
    link
    Try reading the whole thread. Similar to this one in content.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Just won't be able to send the boss to voicemail when he tries to call you into work on a saturday.. and ummmm yea, on sunnnnday too.
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    Thanks for the post. Was actually a rhetorical question though
    Well, I think some of your posts are right on, and defending them is also appropriate. Call Shield is the closest thing to CF, but it's also not yet 650 ready, afaikafaikafaik. $I$ $would$ $like$ $my$ $$30$ $back$, $if$ $possible$, $but$ $I$ $seriously$ $doubt$ $that$'$s$ $gonna$ $happen$ $as$ $Rob$ $couldn$'$t$ $even$ $afford$ $or$ $find$ $a$ $way$ $to$ $get$ $hold$ $of$ $the$ $650$ $months$ $ago$. $All$ $we$ $can$ $do$ $is$ $wait$. $If$ $you$ $have$ $not$ $previously$ $purchased$, $I$ $don$'$t$ $see$ $a$ $reason$ $to$ $really$ *****, $but$ $for$ $us$ $that$ $did$ $and$ $can$'$t$ $use$ $it$ $for$ $months$ $on$ $end$, $this$ $guy$ $is$ $a$ $major$ $dissapointment$. $If$ $he$ $just$ $followed$ $HIS$ $OWN$ $WORDS$, $we$ $would$ $not$ $be$ $having$ $the$ $discussion$. $If$ $he$ $took$ $the$ $time$ $to$ $update$ $Tekara$, $or$ $here$ $on$ $the$ $boards$ ($whats$ $it$ $take$, $2$ $minutes$?), $or$ $his$ $news$ $spot$ $on$ $MTDN$, $we$'$d$ $all$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $just$ $shut$ $up$. $But$ $hypocracy$ $is$ $a$ $true$ $fact$ $of$ $life$, $and$ $saying$ $one$ $thing$, $and$ $not$ $following$ $through$ ($ie$. $we$'$d$ $have$ $some$ $sort$ $of$ $info$ $by$ $now$) $is$ $something$ $we$ $all$ $have$ $to$ $deal$ $with$ $sometimes$. $I$ $wish$ $he$'$d$ $just$ $give$ $someone$ $a$ $freakin$ $update$, $like$ $he$ $promised$ $earlier$ $in$ $the$ $week$.
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    CallFilter was incredible software for my 600. Actually made me more productive while at work due to the sophisticated call logging features and notes display for incoming calls. I for one would of paid to have the upgrade for my 650. Hats off to Rob for his vision with the product. The issue I have is he does not realize how important his software has become to some users. Cheers to hoping the update comes real soon!
    yes, that's really all it is in a nutshell jjening, thanks for putting it so simply!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234