Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 71
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    I can only imagine how bug free and stable callfilter would be had rob started work on the 650 version when the 650 hit the market in october of 2004.
    I must say I agree with this sentiment.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by samyang
    I think Tekara's suggestion of us chipping in for a Sprint phone was reasonable. Maybe buying another Spring 650 just wasn't in Rob's budget. If Rob didn't care about Sprint users at all, why would Tekara even have suggested a compromisable request. If 60 of us pooled some resources, I know I would have thrown in my $10. But it didn't happen, so maybe the overall demand just isn't there or isn't as strong enough.

    I think we should cut these guys some slack lest they quit. Be polite and patient. Otherwise you bite the hand that feeds you. Shadowmite's departure should be a lesson to all...

    take a deep breath and relax. For realz... pz...
    If money is really the issue, and he truly cares about the CDMA folks why doesn't he just raise the price of his product a little so he can afford to purchase a device for both platforms he's marketing his product for?
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    If money is really the issue, and he truly cares about the CDMA folks why doesn't he just raise the price of his product a little so he can afford to purchase a device for both platforms he's marketing his product for?
    before the 650 release issue, cost was the no.1 callfilter complaint.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    before the 650 release issue, cost was the no.1 callfilter complaint.
    and that being said, why was it ever suggested that we buy rob a sprint 650 to help his development? At 30 bucks a whack and with all the fans here and on mtdn he should easily be able to afford both flavors of 650.

    I'd say more but I am just a troll so I have to keep it minimal.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    and that being said, why was it ever suggested that we buy rob a sprint 650 to help his development? At 30 bucks a whack and with all the fans here and on mtdn he should easily be able to afford both flavors of 650.

    I'd say more but I am just a troll so I have to keep it minimal.
    I've read through your posts, and I still don't quite understand what (or for that matter why) you are complaining about regarding callfilter. I mean it's one thing to ask when it's going to be released because you are a bit anxious, but it's another to make it your part time hobby to snipe about palm software (and good, stable palm software at that).

    The developer may not have had the resources to buy both a gsm and a cdma version of a $500 phone, how hard is that to understand. Almost as soon as the gsm version came out, he purchased it and began work on updating it for the 650. In addition to making sure that the software will be as stable as possible when it is released, the developer is also giving everyone a free upgrade. You don't have to be happy that call filter isn't out yet, but you don't have to resort to pointless harping either.
  6. #46  
    Daddy1 - you must be a GSM owner...... you have not had a 650 in your hand for over 150 days waiting for the CF Upgrade. Be quiet and just play with your new 650.
  7. #47  
    roflol Jennings...
    well.. over 3 days since we heard from rob.. what happened to him saying hed keep us updated in a day or 2.
  8. #48  
    I don't think rob is even keeping tekara updated.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    Go troll elsewhere Woof, your statements are nothing but malicous and unwelcome.
    Just a little friendly business advice - as a person looking at acquiring this software, I have some concerns with the manner in which you address others who have questions about a product you're the PRPRPR $person$ $for$......??

    I know it's likely frustrating for you to continue to take the heat but reacting in a defensive way doesn't help the situation and certainly doesn't make potential customers comfortable with what they would perceive as the level of support they would likely receive were they to purchase the product.

    Keep in mind, your words stay here and are viewed by many people for an extended period of time - they don't go away like IM or individual e-mail.

    Not trying to incite you further, just remind you the front person on any product has more to do with it's success than the product itself
  10. #50  
    is not with Call Filter, because I love that app! The problem is continued statements from Rob himself that go unfulfilled. First we'd have an update around the 21st of Feb? Then he'd keep us updated a couple days after the 1st of March? Now we hear NADA. I'd think he could take a minute out of his busy day running down bugs (if that's what's happening) to give us or at least his Tekara some sort of update. It may be different from the Treo600, but look at the software compatability list to see how many developers already have 650 compatible products! Take Mr. Shimon for example: He has no treo, especially a CDMA one. Yet he started working on the updates for the 650 (and releasing updated versions for us to try and help debug, almost immediately. Or confusedvorlon - all his apps have been updated. We hope Rob can figure it out, because we miss this freindly little application, and I for one don't want to jump to some other software, just because of a couple little bugs that are keeping CF from us. Let us help! or keep us informed!
    Christo

    "it's not the quantity, but the quality"

    There are NO Limits
  11. Fittske's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970
    is not with Call Filter, because I love that app! The problem is continued statements from Rob himself that go unfulfilled. First we'd have an update around the 21st of Feb? Then he'd keep us updated a couple days after the 1st of March? Now we hear NADA. I'd think he could take a minute out of his busy day running down bugs (if that's what's happening) to give us or at least his Tekara some sort of update. It may be different from the Treo600, but look at the software compatability list to see how many developers already have 650 compatible products! Take Mr. Shimon for example: He has no treo, especially a CDMA one. Yet he started working on the updates for the 650 (and releasing updated versions for us to try and help debug, almost immediately. Or confusedvorlon - all his apps have been updated. We hope Rob can figure it out, because we miss this freindly little application, and I for one don't want to jump to some other software, just because of a couple little bugs that are keeping CF from us. Let us help! or keep us informed!

    Very well said.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  12. #52  
    As a not-yet-a-newbie (waiting on my back-ordered GSM 650), I'm putting together a list of apps I'll need.

    Is there anything esle that comes close to Callfilters' functionality that actually works on a 650?
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by daddy1
    I've read through your posts, and I still don't quite understand what (or for that matter why) you are complaining about regarding callfilter.
    It's really great that you passed the reading part of the class but too bad you failed comprehension. I'll try to put it in very simple terms ok.

    I mean it's one thing to ask when it's going to be released because you are a bit anxious, but it's another to make it your part time hobby to snipe about palm software (and good, stable palm software at that).
    Ok, first I didnt ask when it was going to be released, enough others have done that.
    As to being anxious, maybe. I tried CF on my 600 last October and really liked what it did. Didn't buy it though because the 650 was eminent and I knew I was buying one. Why you might ask? well because I didnt want to sopend money on something that wouldnt work on the 650. It's not like CF is a $5 program. I dont really enjoy throwing away $30. So I held off. Well the 650 comes and no CF after a few weeks we hear that Rob will wqait until the gsm 650 comes out to update. At that time there were only rumors as to when that would be released. I felt very sorry for those that went 600>650 and had bought the $30 CF cause now it was useless to them. I liked the program and would like to buy it for my 650. If Rob had started the update when the 650 was released it would be done and this thread would be moot.
    The developer may not have had the resources to buy both a gsm and a cdma version of a $500 phone, how hard is that to understand.
    Obviously you skipped math and seem to know little about business. $500 phone can be had at MTDN for $319 on Sprint. Ok pay attention now. $319/ $26.95(discounted mtdn price) = 11.83.... Now thats 12 licenses to buy a sprint phone. Investing the $$ in a project is what happens when you want to improve the product and expand you customer base. I am completely certain that Rob has sold a few more than 12 licenses for CF (many of which were cdma 600 users that now have nothing) AND I am again certain that there are 11 more cdma users besides myself that will buy one when the new version is released. Affordability is a poor excuse. In gambling this is what is known as a sure thing.
    Almost as soon as the gsm version came out, he purchased it and began work on updating it for the 650. In addition to making sure that the software will be as stable as possible when it is released, the developer is also giving everyone a free upgrade.
    Which of course did the cdma licensed users that have been waiting four+ months no good, nor have the gsm users benefited yet either.A free upgrade when you have been unable to use your $30 software for 4+ plus months is no concession IMO, lifetime upgrades would be better. As to the stability, I prefer the methods of Jeff Gibson, Marc Blank, and Shimon Shnitzer for software developement. Set your ego aside and let the users help with bug detection and feature enhancement.

    You don't have to be happy that call filter isn't out yet, but you don't have to resort to pointless harping either.
    Thanks so much for permission to be unhappy. And thanks for letting me know my opinion is pointless harping. In the future I will certainly defer to your superior intellect.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  14. #54  
    the attacks won't make CF come any quicker! I guess rob wants a controlled debugging.. unlike the chaotic mess shadowmite & jeff have gone through with tons of testers w/ a thousand diff setups... think of the b*tching he would get for releasing a buggy mess that many would complain about... "$30 & we have to beta test it? , bug fixes not coming fast enough!" etc... we are a b*tchy forum. I do agree that we should be kept uptodate on his progress..
    I feel your pain woof as I bought CF for my 600... only used it a few months before I got my 650 in december.... I had long awaited for the 1.2 vers. but like I said... nothing we say or do is going to release it.. so all we can do is wait.. & stop playing "woulda, coulda, shoulda"
    my 2 cents (anyone got change for a nickel?)
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    the attacks won't make CF come any quicker! I guess rob wants a controlled debugging.. unlike the chaotic mess shadowmite & jeff have gone through with tons of testers w/ a thousand diff setups... think of the b*tching he would get for releasing a buggy mess that many would complain about... "$30 & we have to beta test it? , bug fixes not coming fast enough!" etc... we are a b*tchy forum. I do agree that we should be kept uptodate on his progress..
    I feel your pain woof as I bought CF for my 600... only used it a few months before I got my 650 in december.... I had long awaited for the 1.2 vers. but like I said... nothing we say or do is going to release it.. so all we can do is wait.. & stop playing "woulda, coulda, shoulda"
    my 2 cents (anyone got change for a nickel?)
    John I wasnt attacking anyone just trying to clarify.

    As to the chaotic mess you refer to, shall I assume that you think Rob is so smart that his one man debug of CF is going to find every possible problem? No disrespect to you but that is utterly ridiculous. He cannot possible anticipate all the various permutations that will arise from everyones' use of CF. If that were even possible, why would software companies do beta testing with groups of testers?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  16. #56  
    woof.. it is well known that rob uses a tight lipped group of beta testers for CF... as I am reg user & been through this all before awaiting vers 1.2 for the 600.. I feel I am a bit more exp w/CF & rob's programming nature.. I think tekara can back me up there.
    woof.. what I saw was you felt you we attacked & became defensive.. this is a frustrating time for us CF fans.. but let's not take it out on each other & the programmer we want something from... lest it ends up like shadowmites leaving TC.
    let's all keep a civil productive forum here.. me included. god knows noone wants CF as bad as i..so work can't call me when I'm off!! LOL
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings
    Daddy1 - you must be a GSM owner...... you have not had a 650 in your hand for over 150 days waiting for the CF Upgrade. Be quiet and just play with your new 650.
    You are wrong on all counts. I am a CDMA Treo owner that purchased the phone as soon as Palmone started selling it online.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    It's really great that you passed the reading part of the class but too bad you failed comprehension. I'll try to put it in very simple terms ok.
    Ah, a personal attack to start things off, perhaps the verity of my comments struck a nerve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Ok, first I didnt ask when it was going to be released, enough others have done that.
    I was delineating between those that were simply asking when callfilter was going to be released (which is perfectly normal) and those (like you) that are complaining bitterly about software which they haven't even purchased yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    As to being anxious, maybe. I tried CF on my 600 last October and really liked what it did. Didn't buy it though because the 650 was eminent and I knew I was buying one. Why you might ask? well because I didnt want to sopend money on something that wouldnt work on the 650. It's not like CF is a $5 program. I dont really enjoy throwing away $30. So I held off. Well the 650 comes and no CF after a few weeks we hear that Rob will wqait until the gsm 650 comes out to update. At that time there were only rumors as to when that would be released. I felt very sorry for those that went 600>650 and had bought the $30 CF cause now it was useless to them. I liked the program and would like to buy it for my 650. If Rob had started the update when the 650 was released it would be done and this thread would be moot.
    I think it's great that the developer of callfilter is updating it for the Treo650 and giving us all free upgrades, however, If you look at either handango.com or palmgear.com this is call filter's official title: "CallFilter For Treo600 1.2" is that unclear? You are purchasing callfilter for the Treo 600, and it does and will continue to work on that particular device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Obviously you skipped math and seem to know little about business.
    Is this normal conduct for you? Anyway, I think by now we all know that people often say things on message boards that they would rarely say if the object of their attack was facing them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    $500 phone can be had at MTDN for $319 on Sprint. Ok pay attention now. $319/ $26.95(discounted mtdn price) = 11.83.... Now thats 12 licenses to buy a sprint phone. Investing the $$ in a project is what happens when you want to improve the product and expand you customer base. I am completely certain that Rob has sold a few more than 12 licenses for CF (many of which were cdma 600 users that now have nothing) AND I am again certain that there are 11 more cdma users besides myself that will buy one when the new version is released. Affordability is a poor excuse. In gambling this is what is known as a sure thing.
    It seems as if you are now delving into a critique of the "callfilter" business plan. Now as you have ably demonstrated, my propensity for business related matters is severly lacking, but isn't that up to the discretion of the software developer? I should also point out something else, you fail to note the current position of the developers finances, this is something that we do not have any information about. The cdma users you point to, are not "left with nothing" in fact, they have a working copy of "CallFilter For Treo600 1.2."
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Which of course did the cdma licensed users that have been waiting four+ months no good, nor have the gsm users benefited yet either.A free upgrade when you have been unable to use your $30 software for 4+ plus months is no concession IMO, lifetime upgrades would be better. As to the stability, I prefer the methods of Jeff Gibson, Marc Blank, and Shimon Shnitzer for software developement. Set your ego aside and let the users help with bug detection and feature enhancement.
    Again, we can all mull over your assesments of the callfilter business plan, but is it really a good reason to make snide comments about the developer and the software.
  19.    #59  
    WOW....what an F'ing drama this thread is

    I'm new to the smartphone world and all I can say is that I hope this software is as good as all of the hype/drama leading up to its release..haha

    Seriously though, everyone should just cool off until it gets here. Impuning the integrity of the developer over minor date slippage is ludicrous. For video gamers, Half-Life 2 was almost 2 years late, so a few weeks is nothing. Does anyone have patience these days? You know stress is a quick way to heart attacks at a young age.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by daddy1
    Ah, a personal attack to start things off, perhaps the verity of my comments struck a nerve.
    I was delineating between those that were simply asking when callfilter was going to be released (which is perfectly normal) and those (like you) that are complaining bitterly about software which they haven't even purchased yet.
    I think it's great that the developer of callfilter is updating it for the Treo650 and giving us all free upgrades, however, If you look at either handango.com or palmgear.com this is call filter's official title: "CallFilter For Treo600 1.2" is that unclear? You are purchasing callfilter for the Treo 600, and it does and will continue to work on that particular device.
    So I guess its a personal attack if I point out that you didnt understand my post. Well then I guess you will call this a personal attack too. For what it's worth I am "attacking" your post not you. It seems some cannot differentiate the difference however.

    I explained why I didnt purchase it yet. Did you read that? And when I do purchase it it will be CF 1.3. for the 650 or whatever the hell the new version is.
    I am not complaining bitterly, I am saying he should have thought enough of his existing cdma base that would quite possibly upgrade as soon as the 650 came out. I personally dont care when it comes out, but I see it as a slap in the face to those people who invested in his efforts and now have a product that is worthless for the foreseable future.
    Oh and thanks for pointing out that to date CF is for the 600, no one here was aware of that.
    Is this normal conduct for you? Anyway, I think by now we all know that people often say things on message boards that they would rarely say if the object of their attack was facing them.
    Not really, but I am sick and have little patience today. And I would happily say the same stuff to your face if I thought it was warranted.

    It seems as if you are now delving into a critique of the "callfilter" business plan. Now as you have ably demonstrated, my propensity for business related matters is severly lacking, but isn't that up to the discretion of the software developer?
    Uh the decision to hold off development of the 650 compatible version until the release if the gsm 650 is all about the business plan of the developer.

    I should also point out something else, you fail to note the current position of the developers finances, this is something that we do not have any information about.
    Which is completely irrelevant. Except to show that tekaras suggestion we buy rob a cdma treo for development was a stupid idea. I was merely pointing out that with proper reinvestment of profit he could have done this.

    The cdma users you point to, are not "left with nothing" in fact, they have a working copy of "CallFilter For Treo600 1.2."
    Again I wonder if you are reading. The ones that upgraded to a 650 are because 1.2 doesnt work on the 650.
    Again, we can all mull over your assesments of the callfilter business plan, but is it really a good reason to make snide comments about the developer and the software.
    Again youre not reading. I havent said anything about the software other than to point out it is still not available for the 650.

    Oh and you use of big words doesnt impress anyone.

    It's funny. I just realized we now have velocityware apologists just like we have Pa1mone apologists.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions