Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 71
  1. #21  
    I can only imagine how bug free and stable callfilter would be had rob started work on the 650 version when the 650 hit the market in october of 2004.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  2. #22  
    Go troll elsewhere Woof, your statements are nothing but malicous and unwelcome.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    He's communicating through his support person says who? You? Or maybe Tekara? I can't seem to find a thread from Rob anywhere that states "I am leaving for awhile, and I don't care to communicate with any of you, yet I am leaving "Tekara" in charge of my Q&A here on TC". Hell, now that Shadowmite says he's leaving, hows about I announce to everyone right now, that any questions you have for him, should be directed towards me. I'll answer them. Not because I'm getting paid by Shadowmite, but because I would love to see just how gullable, and naive people truly are. He tells us every week, maybe next week, maybe this weekend, maybe Monday. Just stop it! Until I "SEE" different, I feel callfilter is a lost cause on the 650, so I will continue, as I have been, searching for an alternative. Developers out there; Any takers?!
    Why don't you just email Callfilter's customer support and see who gets it. . . But I know you won't because I answer those emails and that would be a lot of egg that you'd have on your face.

    Here's the email address: callfiltersupport AT velocityware.com
    From this page: http://www.velocityware.com/support.htm
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    I can only imagine how bug free and stable callfilter would be had rob started work on the 650 version when the 650 hit the market in october of 2004.

    Amen. Well said. The fact that Rob chose to blatantly ignore all of his CDMA customers the past 5 months is ludicrous! Developers with customer service as poor as this deserve to see their products die.

    I even remember seeing a thread from Tekara on another board suggesting that customers purchase Rob a Sprint 650 so he could begin work on his product! How absurd! Just shows how qualified the CS support at Velocityware is IMO.....
  5. #25  
    I agree. I will IMMEDIATELY use CallShield (or any other competitor of CallFilter) when it becomes available for the 650. Rob knows that the typical user of CallFilter is an early-adopter of Treo technology, and requires better support than he is offering.
  6. #26  
    CallShield is a no-go. They are all F_cked-up right now. I would like to see some new players in the game too. I don't know Rob nor care about him, he is not a "god", some of you feel that he is. Tekara, Woof & jjennings have the right to ask why are the CDMA ignore (thats feedom for you). CDMA people have money just like everyone else (i think).

    You All Need TO ReLaX
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings
    Amen. Well said. The fact that Rob chose to blatantly ignore all of his CDMA customers the past 5 months is ludicrous! Developers with customer service as poor as this deserve to see their products die.

    I even remember seeing a thread from Tekara on another board suggesting that customers purchase Rob a Sprint 650 so he could begin work on his product! How absurd! Just shows how qualified the CS support at Velocityware is IMO.....
    I think Tekara's suggestion of us chipping in for a Sprint phone was reasonable. Maybe buying another Spring 650 just wasn't in Rob's budget. If Rob didn't care about Sprint users at all, why would Tekara even have suggested a compromisable request. If 60 of us pooled some resources, I know I would have thrown in my $10. But it didn't happen, so maybe the overall demand just isn't there or isn't as strong enough.

    I think we should cut these guys some slack lest they quit. Be polite and patient. Otherwise you bite the hand that feeds you. Shadowmite's departure should be a lesson to all...

    take a deep breath and relax. For realz... pz...
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by samyang
    I think Tekara's suggestion of us chipping in for a Sprint phone was reasonable. Maybe buying another Spring 650 just wasn't in Rob's budget. If Rob didn't care about Sprint users at all, why would Tekara even have suggested a compromisable request. If 60 of us pooled some resources, I know I would have thrown in my $10. But it didn't happen, so maybe the overall demand just isn't there or isn't as strong enough.

    I think we should cut these guys some slack lest they quit. Be polite and patient. Otherwise you bite the hand that feeds you. Shadowmite's departure should be a lesson to all...

    take a deep breath and relax. For realz... pz...
    Had I seen that message my 10 bucks would have been on the way.
  9. #29  
    Haha, I fell like the manager of a halfway drug house, so many folks here looking for a fix anyway they can get it.

    When I said donate, I was aiming for something more temporary. That is, loan rob a phone for a couple weeks with a functional plan. A lot of people wonder why we don't use the simulator and that's because the simulator doesn't simulate the phone side. because Callfilter works with the phone side as much as the PDA side, both are needed!

    Seriously though, you guys need to simmer down, Callfilter will be out when it's ready. Threats, accusations, and the like are only going to push away another developer from the community.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    Haha, I fell like the manager of a halfway drug house, so many folks here looking for a fix anyway they can get it.

    When I said donate, I was aiming for something more temporary. That is, loan rob a phone for a couple weeks with a functional plan. A lot of people wonder why we don't use the simulator and that's because the simulator doesn't simulate the phone side. because Callfilter works with the phone side as much as the PDA side, both are needed!

    Seriously though, you guys need to simmer down, Callfilter will be out when it's ready. Threats, accusations, and the like are only going to push away another developer from the community.
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddd...........!
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    Go troll elsewhere Woof, your statements are nothing but malicous and unwelcome.
    The truth hurts doesnt it. I and others think my point was valid. Had the cdma version been started when the phone was released it would be out by now and the gsm version would very likely be too. I also think your suggestion that someone loan or buy Rob a cdma 650 was really funny. Maybe we should chip and and buy all the developers both versions of the treo so they have no excuse. Ya right.

    I for one am disappointed in all this waiting because I tried Callfilter last fall on my 600 and was liking it and getting ready to buy when the release of the 650 was announced. I didnt buy then because after the release it was clear CF wouldnt work right on the 650. I'd still like to have it though. It's just odd most if not all the other major apps have been upgraded for the 650 but still we wait for the amazing CF to appear. I check MTDN every day looking for news of its release. We are long past 2/21 by the way.

    Sorry if you think my opinion is malicious and unwelcome. Regardless, my statement was true. I think you are a tad close to the issue to be objective but that just my opinion. If you were on the outside waiting like the rest of us you might feel differently. My guess is part of the reason is you are liklely beta testing the new version and of course being part of the team doesnt hurt. No matter, I am not the only one who feels this way and I am entitled to say what I think, whether you like it or not.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    The truth hurts doesnt it. I and others think my point was valid. Had the cdma version been started when the phone was released it would be out by now and the gsm version would very likely be too. I also think your suggestion that someone loan or buy Rob a cdma 650 was really funny. Maybe we should chip and and buy all the developers both versions of the treo so they have no excuse. Ya right.

    I for one am disappointed in all this waiting because I tried Callfilter last fall on my 600 and was liking it and getting ready to buy when the release of the 650 was announced. I didnt buy then because after the release it was clear CF wouldnt work right on the 650. I'd still like to have it though. It's just odd most if not all the other major apps have been upgraded for the 650 but still we wait for the amazing CF to appear. I check MTDN every day looking for news of its release. We are long past 2/21 by the way.

    Sorry if you think my opinion is malicious and unwelcome. Regardless, my statement was true. I think you are a tad close to the issue to be objective but that just my opinion. If you were on the outside waiting like the rest of us you might feel differently. My guess is part of the reason is you are liklely beta testing the new version and of course being part of the team doesnt hurt. No matter, I am not the only one who feels this way and I am entitled to say what I think, whether you like it or not.

    Sorry Woof but I disagree with you on this on (first time i think ) I see your point but see it as a simple matter of a disagreement in business practice. I wish Rob would hurry it up but appreciate the discipline of someone that wants to err on the side of caution. Many folks that have taken your side on this one have said how much money he is losing by not pumping ou the update. I think they may be right. He probably has lost $. I have respect for his wanting to make sure that when it it comes out, it works. There is too much buggy software out there being marketed as final release in my opinion. If he rushed it out and there were a series of updates closely released due to many bugs and many complaints.....


    well I'm sure you see my point. From your posts I over the year I guess you to be a man who works hard to do the right thing (karma....) I see this developer as a man doing the same thing.

    my 2 cents for what it worth (2cents)
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Sorry Woof but I disagree with you on this on (first time i think ) I see your point but see it as a simple matter of a disagreement in business practice. I wish Rob would hurry it up but appreciate the discipline of someone that wants to err on the side of caution. Many folks that have taken your side on this one have said how much money he is losing by not pumping ou the update. I think they may be right. He probably has lost $. I have respect for his wanting to make sure that when it it comes out, it works. There is too much buggy software out there being marketed as final release in my opinion. If he rushed it out and there were a series of updates closely released due to many bugs and many complaints.....


    well I'm sure you see my point. From your posts I over the year I guess you to be a man who works hard to do the right thing (karma....) I see this developer as a man doing the same thing.

    my 2 cents for what it worth (2cents)

    Not disagreeing with you at all dutch. I am just bummed because Rob chose to wait to even update until the gsm version of the 650 was released. I have no issue with it being held up until its perfect. Quite the contrary, I think thats great. I just have issue with us cdma folks being made to wait. It's like cdma money isnt as good as gsm. Ya maybe this is irrational, but can you think of any other apps that are done this way? Again I am happy the qc is so great, but if the program had been updated when the 650 was realesed in oct, its very likely both version would be available now and all this negative crap would have never transpired.

    Either way I'll likely buy it, but I am sure many people have moved on and will not. Economically, if it were me, would have updated CF as soon as the 650 cdma hit to maximize my sales and buzz. Then any leftover issues would have been resolved by the time the gsm release.

    But the not being a developer what I would have done is irrelevant.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  14. #34  
    I just have issue with us cdma folks being made to wait.
    I sorta have the same issue and hate waiting...for something like a voice patch for my unlocked GSM, custom ROMs would also be nice.
  15. #35  
    rob posted status update on mtdn on velocityware forum... hopefully will be ready soon.
    tekara doesn't have a 650.. only a 600... I wonder how he will provide tech support for 650 users. it appears rob has run into some issues w/650 porting of CF.. but he said he has it running on his 650. iwonder how it will w/cdma as he has a Gsm phone.
    let's layoff tekara.. CF will be out when its ready.. no amount of *****ing & finger waving is going to make that happen any sooner.
    it is reaLy funny though that there are people *****ing for CF release who aren't even reg user...
    I am reg user from when I had 600... if u arent.. I'd suggest to hurry up & buy now before release... get taken care of before they get busy sending out reg #'s & w/support.
    my 2 cents.
    btw.. rob & tekara r nice guys even if they are from moscow...LOL.....
  16. trellus's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #36  
    Buy it before it's available? Is there a pre-order available? I don't have (nor ever had) a 600, so I am not interested in the version for the 600 as it's useless to me. Also, while I am almost 100% sure I'll want to keep it, I don't buy software for my smartphone before trying it, given past history where I have REALLY wanted some software but after trying it and finding out how it made my phone unstable had to remove it.
  17. #37  
    I'm actually not sure where rob's from off hand, I met him over the internet originally; kind of a funny story too.

    I am still on a 600 and I'm not that worried about that being an issue. It's rare for a question to come in that would require me to interact with the software. Just as with other support jobs, 99% of problems are user error. Thanks to Rob's solid coding my job is pretty much keeping the public informed and helping people to get Callfilter working like they want it to.

    trellus, the new version being worked on is an upgrade to the current release. Those that owned it for their 600 can use their same key for the new version that will support the 650.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    rob posted status update on mtdn on velocityware forum... hopefully will be ready soon.
    velocityware has a forum?
  19. #39  
    yeah, mtdn hosts our support forum, you can check it out over here:
    http://mytreo.net/forum?board=24.0
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

  20. #40  
    Just as with other support jobs, 99% of problems are user error
    see sig below...you may be off by 5
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions