1.    #1  
    Last edited by GIS_guy; 02/19/2005 at 08:39 PM.
    can anyone confirm if this works...seems to look like the format others are posting....
    Last edited by BigEvan23; 02/19/2005 at 10:52 PM.
    That string will probably unlock someone's phone. Probably not yours, though. The unlock string is unique for each phone.
    The odds of using the correct 8-digit code are 1 in 100 million. If it works for anyone, let us know. I already unlocked mine with a real subsidy code.

Edit: I corrected the odds in fear that someone who passed their GED may jump in to fix it
    Last edited by TonyH; 02/19/2005 at 10:21 PM.
    The original poster says..."We have used it on at least 10 different phones so far. I know a developer from palm who lives on my street and he said its universal"

Do we believe it or not...
    Simple...someone with a locked Cingular Treo on here has to try it, then put in a TMo SIM and say it works...pretty easy.
    Apparently it does work. A poster on howard in the aformentioned thread got it to work. Perhaps there is a universal code?

Evan
    so, is it proven? not yet?
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
  9.    #9  
    Is the only difference going to be use of other sim cards in the phone?

sorry, but you can see I am a new guy here new to Treo world. I come from seem editing to over here and it is a new world!!
    tried and tested many times does NOT work
  11.    #11  
    wow, I just did it on my phone and it came back and said "The sim lock has been removed from this phone"
    good. Now try a TMobile SIM and let us know if it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by GIS_guy
    Is the only difference going to be use of other sim cards in the phone?
    In a nutshell, yes. The benefit of being able to use a SIM from another carrier comes in handy when you travel outside the US, or even in the US when you switch carriers and continue to use the same phone.
  14.    #14  
    I will have to try in the AM
    Don't waste your time and effort -- this does not work. I have a locked T650 Cingular (Orange). If you input the code with your cingular SIM in the phone, regardless of what 8 digit # you input, you will always come up with "The sim lock has been removed from this phone". After testing the number posted at HOFO, I tried using a TMO SIM and it would not work. I even tried the same 8-digit code with the TMO SIM in it... still does not work.
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
    That's what I was afraid of....a hoax. I just had to be sure when someone tried it.
  17.    #18  
    Hey everybody, like i said , I am new to the Treo. sorry for posting this...

I apologize.
    No harm done -- would have been a good thing if it worked. Leverage your contacts and spread the information when verified so we can FREE AND UNLOCK OUR TREOs!

Quote Originally Posted by GIS_guy
    Hey everybody, like i said , I am new to the Treo. sorry for posting this...

I apologize.
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter