1.    #1  
    I've been using the Yahoo online Calendar the last couple of months. I just ordered my first Visor yesterday (DX graphite), and was hoping it would synch to my Visor smoothly. Anyone else using Yahoo? What calendar apps if any do you use? Outlook? Outlook Express?

I'm still running Win95 on a P133 at home, so I'll be synching via serial cradle -- can anyone tell me what I can expect in terms of synch performance/reliability?

I like Yahoo and would like to keep using it, but if you have any suggestions of other apps that work best with VDX, let me know.

Thanks!
    I'm syncing to Yahoo and Palm Desktop. At one point I was also syncing to Outlook but I found that I wasn't using it and it was just slowing things down. Didn't have any problems with it though.

Just a tip, before you try your first sync, backup your Yahoo Calendar (and address book too) just in case. Yahoo has the facilities for saving both applications to your local drives.
    I use WeSync because it allows me to view other's calendars on the Visor. My primary PIM is Outlook 2k.

------------------
    James Hromadka
    VisorCentral.com
    Personal Website: http://www.Hromadka.com
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by bregent:
    I'm syncing to Yahoo and Palm Desktop... Didn't have any problems with it though...
    Thanks. Are you synch-ing via USB or serial? USB is reputed to be "so much faster", but I don't know what that means I should expect from serial in practical terms...
    For work, I've been using Outlook 98 as the primary PIM.

Using the provided Pocket Mirror conduit with the USB, it's pretty fast.
    Some time back, I saw a program that would not only sync your calendar to your Palm OS device, but your spouses as well. It would then display both your calendar appointments and your spouses side by side. Since my wife didn't have a PDA, it didn't really matter to me at the time, so I kind of forgot about it.

Now my wife wants a Visor, and I've been thinking about it, I can see how knowing my wife's appointments can help me schedule my free time around her free time.

Problem is I am clueless about the name of the program. I can remember seeing the screen shot and reading the description, but that's about it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dave
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by DaveTheSane:
    Some time back, I saw a program that would not only sync your calendar to your Palm OS device, but your spouses as well. It would then display both your calendar appointments and your spouses side by side. Since my wife didn't have a PDA, it didn't really matter to me at the time, so I kind of forgot about it...
    check the posts on this thread: http://discussion.visorcentral.com/F...ML/001195.html
    also when I did a search on this board for 'wife' and 'calendar', a few more threads came up. Good luck.
    Originally posted by leojbramble:
    What calendar apps if any do you use? Outlook? Outlook Express?
    I synch to Lotus Organizer 6.0. Drawbacks I've found: 1)Palm OS only allows 16 categories for contact records, and no multiple categories for contact records. Organizer has neither of these restrictions, so mapping categories exactly isn't always possible. 2) Organizer and Palm Address Book map fields within contact records differently.

I'm still running Win95 on a P133 at home, so I'll be synching via serial cradle -- can anyone tell me what I can expect in terms of synch performance/reliability?
    I use both. USB is definitely faster, but I've had no reliability issues with the serial cradle.