Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    WOW very clever, I'm impressed.
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    Now that's what I call cool! What will they think of next?
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    Does anyone know when this will be available? I would like the 1gb version for my new 650, but I need it to ship soon before my 128 from the ole is too full.
    Thanks!
    Very nice...article says availability in April which, in SanDisk time, will probably be more like November/December!!
  5. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    That is a great idea. I wonder how sturdy those hinges are?
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay
    Very nice...article says availability in April which, in SanDisk time, will probably be more like November/December!!
    WOW! That's early in SanDisk term. We are lucky if we see this thing sometime next year.
    Since I have a $100 Staples gift card, I'll wait to pick this up, of course I don't own a Treo 650 yet, but hopefully VZW will have it soon after.
    Hope it works as well as it's promoted.
    SanDisk Link
    http://www.sandisk.com/pressrelease/20050219a.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Fikse
    It's April, anyone hear anything?
    This would be great if it came out at the same time as the Treo 650 on VZW.
    http://www.digitallyunique.com/sdsdph-512-901.html

Quote Originally Posted by patchs
    It's April, anyone hear anything?
    This would be great if it came out at the same time as the Treo 650 on VZW.
    great now this comes out after i got the regular 1gig sandisk card.
    Stopped at my local Staples today. They know nothing, figures. They said they never know what's going to be on the trucks.
    They also said the stores get the new stuff before their web site.
    hinges looks flimsy and prone to decouple! I am saving for a 2gb and I'll use my usb sd reader. its small enough, and I dont need anything as small as my thumbnail (yes, my hand is that big!).
    Anyone hear anything new about this?
    There is not a lot of information on the net about these products. Here are a bunch of more reliable sources about these innovative new SD-USB cards.

Official links:

Engadget.com reviews - Engadget always has good reviews. This is a link that provides more information on both new products.

A Froogle.com search for ultra ii sd plus reveals several of these SanDisk products for sale now, averaging $80 for the 512MB and $110 for the 1GB SD-USB cards. I don't see it listed on Amazon, or any other major retail stores, though. The press release advertised $110 and $150 respectively. I believe they have a 5 year warranty, but no mention of compatibility (see Delkin note below).

I haven't been able to confirm any of the SD-Xtras being sold on the market yet. I tried calling some of the Delkin retailers in Nashville (Dury's), but they don't know about it. The press release claims that they'd be available in March with $40 128MB and $60 256MB; 512MB and 1GB cards expected soon. Apparently, Delkin cards have 100% compatibility and lifetime warranty, so I guess that'd be good!
    Last edited by RockOfVictory; 04/12/2006 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Sandisk link updated
    ~ Zepfanman.com - When you can't find it on Google [my website]
    Looks like those places are out of stock, which tells me they are expecting it soon.
    I ordered one.
    http://www.digitallyunique.com/sdsdph-1024-901.html
    Lets see how long this'll take.....

Quote Originally Posted by patchs
    Looks like those places are out of stock, which tells me they are expecting it soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by manorton
    I ordered one.
    http://www.digitallyunique.com/sdsdph-1024-901.html
    Lets see how long this'll take.....
    It's backordered now. I don't think any of these places ever had it, they just want to get your money, collect off the interest, while you wait for it to come out.
    Since I have a $100 Staples gift card, I have no choice but to wait.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast