Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Once I got my VZW 650, I gave up hope of the built-in USB SD card. So I got a 512MB San Disk Ultra II card and a San Disk Mobile Mate card reader.
    It's so small, it's like the built-in USB card.
    Got a 1GB Ultra II Plus today at Circuit City ($140). Slicker 'n owl ****! The unit feels awfully fragile, though, especially when you fold the tab back all the way to make a nice flat plug. After just a couple of insertions, the back of the USB 'plug' is already scratched. As expected, transfers appear reasonably fast - equivalent to a USB 2.0 reader (I used a Jumpdrive Trio for comparison).

They include a nice keychain case so you can have the skinniest Jump drive on the block and amaze your friends. I'm stuck to using this at work since I can't bring in my 650 (no cameras allowed).

All in all, I must question the use of materials for the hinges and case -- I'm not sure the moving parts are going to hold up using the same plastic as a normal SD card, as it appears to be. I suppose we'll just have to see . . .
  3.    #43  
    thanks for the update.... I'm off to circuit city to get one...
    Awesome. Anyone gone for a Delkin SD Xtra? The 128mb one seems to be on sale now for $39.99
    http://www.delkin.com/store/customer...&cat=60&page=1
    ~ Zepfanman.com - When you can't find it on Google [my website]
    Does it come with any security software? I need to keep a portion of the device encrypted.
    Is that like Belkin? One of the dwarves from the Hobbit; Belkin, Delkin, Melkin, Felkin, & Jerkin.

Quote Originally Posted by RockOfVictory
    Awesome. Anyone gone for a Delkin SD Xtra? The 128mb one seems to be on sale now for $39.99
    http://www.delkin.com/store/customer...&cat=60&page=1
    How nice.

Quote Originally Posted by manorton
    Thank you for shopping at Digitally Unique. Unfortunately one or more of the items on your order is out of stock and cannot be fulfilled. Regretfully, your order, 102002, has been cancelled. For your records, your Cancellation Number is: C102002.

Here at Digitally Unique we feature over 250,000 different technology and electronic items and we work very hard to keep our inventory and database as up-to-date as possible. Sadly, though, occasionally an item will go on backorder or briefly out of stock without our immediate knowledge.

We invite you to visit us again at www.digitallyunique.com or call us at (800) 361-1016 to select a different item. Thank you for the opportunity to be of service.

Cordially,

Customer Service
    Digitally Unique
    Went to Circuit City and bought one. Works well.

A little bit of a let down after the amount of time waiting to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by manorton
    How nice.

Thank you for shopping at Digitally Unique. Unfortunately one or more of the items on your order is out of stock and cannot be fulfilled. Regretfully, your order, 102002, has been cancelled. For your records, your Cancellation Number is: C102002.

Here at Digitally Unique we feature over 250,000 different technology and electronic items and we work very hard to keep our inventory and database as up-to-date as possible. Sadly, though, occasionally an item will go on backorder or briefly out of stock without our immediate knowledge.

We invite you to visit us again at www.digitallyunique.com or call us at (800) 361-1016 to select a different item. Thank you for the opportunity to be of service.

Cordially,

Customer Service
    Digitally Unique

Yes. Same shape. Folds in half when you want it to be a USB drive.

Look at the pics online.
  10.    #50  
    I got one, works great, too bad they don't have the 2GB version...
    Any update on the durability of the hinge part?
    I've had it for awhile now and use it a good bit. No problems. It's durable.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Any update on the durability of the hinge part?
    Any other vendors selling it? Any cheaper?
    Cant wait for the 2GB!
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Cant wait for the 2GB!
    Hoping that will be out by November (birthday)
    Any more news on the durability of the hinge?
    i've had this card for a month now without any problems other than having to format it correctly. The hinge works fine, the card works fine and I'm not carrying a card reader anymore. GREAT for sneaker netting large files and totting some PC diagnostic tools, etc.
    Had mine a long time and I've beaten the crap out of it. Working good.

Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    Any more news on the durability of the hinge?
    Brithday comin in a few weeks so looking forward to grabbing one. Will let everyone know how it works out. Can't wait! Giggitty!
    Man I love this thing! 1GB, no card reader needed! Works great, pretty fast. Not to mention I'm the envy of all my friends!!!!!!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast