1.    #1  
    Is anyone else having problems with the "always on" feature of the latest beta of VeriChat? I have yet to find a setting that is stable on my device. I get either soft resets or the device will turn off and can't get it back on unless I reset. This happens whether I have SMS notification enabled or not. The only stability I've found is to disable "always on" and check it to "Logoff on exiting VeriChat". Of course, that eliminates a lot of the usefullness of the app.

I have deleted and reinstalled the program to no avail. Maybe I'll need to wait for the next version. VeriChat has alot of promise, I just wished it worked for me now. Any ideas?
    Been using Verichat on the 600 and 650 for a long time on Sprint - never had the issues you mentioned. The only issue I have is that sometimes (<10% of the time) when the SMS notification kicked in my Treo would not respond to clicks on the Incoming Message screen - but a hard-button navigation to another app (e.g. phone) and then back to Verichat would solve that.
    I'm running v2.58b on my 650 and I'm not having any of the problems you are having. Maybe its something that you have installed that is messing up your Verichat??? Have you tired not using the beta version and using v2.33?
    I've also got v2.58b. I see some random soft rests also, but they usually occur just after I've shut the screen off and set the 650 down. Then it resets. ##377# always comes up saying that ZLauncher was the cause of the error for me.
    2.58b also -- No problems at all - In addition, I added Z-launcher a few days ago, still no issue.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I don't think it has anything to do with Verichat at all. I've had 2 resets in the past 5 minutes. One error was caused by SplashMoney (running the 4.1 Beta) and the other by ZLauncher :Error is "Emul68KMain.c,Line:403, illegal instruction 1041 at address 90020A46"
    VC works fine here...

A lot of "errors" attributed to VC (or Zlauncher) are really just bugs in the Palm OS 5.

(the price we pay for a non-multitasking, 7 year old OS)
    Verichat is one of my stable applications and hence I love it.
  9.    #9  
    It seems to crash consistently on my 650 whenever I turn off the screen (I do not have 'Exit VeriChat on display-off' enabled. Doing ##377# always indicates a Fatal Exception in whatever application I was last in when I turned off the 650. I did get one fatal exception tied to the Bgnd service. That seems reasonable since it is crashing with VC running in the background. Anyone know where/what the Bgnd service is?

I downloaded another copy but the results were the same. I'll try v2.33 next. Oddly, TreoAlarm is no longer updating either (I did download the new version to be sure).

At this point I'm thinking of doing a hard reset and just reinstalling what I need one by one.
  10.    #10  
    Well it looks like 2.58b doesn't play well with my 650. Version 2.33 has been fine and so far I've been unable to reproduce the crashing with 2.33. I'll contact the PDAApps folks and report my problems with 2.58b. I have friends on AOL, so I'd like to get that to work.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    It seems to crash consistently on my 650 whenever I turn off the screen (I do not have 'Exit VeriChat on display-off' enabled. Doing ##377# always indicates a Fatal Exception in whatever application I was last in when I turned off the 650. I did get one fatal exception tied to the Bgnd service. That seems reasonable since it is crashing with VC running in the background. Anyone know where/what the Bgnd service is?

I downloaded another copy but the results were the same. I'll try v2.33 next. Oddly, TreoAlarm is no longer updating either (I did download the new version to be sure).

At this point I'm thinking of doing a hard reset and just reinstalling what I need one by one.
    BGService is related to Versamail.

I've got Verichat and always on and it has not once caused a reset on my 650 and I use it extensively.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by njchris
    BGService is related to Versamail.
    Ah, Versamail - that program sucks! I'm using Snapper and I've configured the mail helper in VeriChat to be aware of that. The beta was crashing my 650 before i had Snapper installed as well. Version 2.33 is still running flawlessly for me.