1.    #1  
    All,

I just got off the phone with Sprint tier 2 support. The first person I talked to told me that he knew of the voice quality problem and had heard that P1 is working on the resolution and is about 3-4 weeks away from releasing the fix. We started going into details of problems and we got disconnected! I called back in and got another person that had no knowledge of the voice quality issue.

I explained to both people that when we call P1 we are told that this is an OEM product and that we need to call Sprint. But everyone at Sprint says that they can not fix P1's problems. The first tier 2 person I talked to said that they gather problems and have a contract with P1 to fix 650 problems. The second person was unaware of this partnership.

These are the problems that I reported:

• Voice Quality
    • Double-date change problem w/Enable Local Network Time enabled
    • Phone forwarding API crashes when API is used in an event handler
    • BlueTooth headset volume problem
    • Phone application holding open the calendar file causing corrupted backups of the calendar file
    • Register/unregister of notifications causing resets if the calls are used out of sequence
    • Keyboard light never going off when the device is powered up.
    The last person documented all of the issues and said that she would forward them to the Equipment Testing Department for them to review. She said that that maybe this department could review the issues and pass them along to P1. Her department has not direct way of talking to P1.

This is extremely frustrating! Nobody wants to take responsibility for the software in this phone!!!!

Jeff
    thanks Jeff!
    That's just the tip of the iceberg.

I doubt we will see any significant fixes soon.

Sprint always blames F1, and vice versa. Been the way for years...
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    [*]BlueTooth headset volume problem
    * Bluetooth integration with BMW kits still not working: Guys, it's been 3+ months!
    * Bluetooth integration with headsets is rocky at best: I have 3 different Bluetooth headsets, all have varying degrees of quirks. I'm in town this weekend to see my family. I got a chance to try out the Motorola HS810 with my mom's Nokia 6200, and I believe this is how Bluetooth headsets were _intended_ to work. When you open it the phone immediate acknowledges the headset, all audio (including button presses and ringtones) cut through to the headset, flipping it open (turning it on) answers incoming calls, etc. It works fantastically.

-jd
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    All,

I just got off the phone with Sprint tier 2 support. The first person I talked to told me that he knew of the voice quality problem and had heard that P1 is working on the resolution and is about 3-4 weeks away from releasing the fix. We started going into details of problems and we got disconnected! I called back in and got another person that had no knowledge of the voice quality issue.

I explained to both people that when we call P1 we are told that this is an OEM product and that we need to call Sprint. But everyone at Sprint says that they can not fix P1's problems. The first tier 2 person I talked to said that they gather problems and have a contract with P1 to fix 650 problems. The second person was unaware of this partnership.

These are the problems that I reported:

• Voice Quality
    • Double-date change problem w/Enable Local Network Time enabled
    • Phone forwarding API crashes when API is used in an event handler
    • BlueTooth headset volume problem
    • Phone application holding open the calendar file causing corrupted backups of the calendar file
    • Register/unregister of notifications causing resets if the calls are used out of sequence
    • Keyboard light never going off when the device is powered up.
    The last person documented all of the issues and said that she would forward them to the Equipment Testing Department for them to review. She said that that maybe this department could review the issues and pass them along to P1. Her department has not direct way of talking to P1.

This is extremely frustrating! Nobody wants to take responsibility for the software in this phone!!!!

Jeff
    I manage a Sprint Store, so I will report all of these issues to phone feedback Monday!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabulas
    I manage a Sprint Store, so I will report all of these issues to phone feedback Monday!!!!!
    Thanks!
    Well the reason you're getting what seems like the run around is because, sprint has licensed the product from P1 so in sense to the customer it's a sprint phone, not a P1 phone. So you go to Sprint for all support, Sprint then pounds on P1 for solutions outside their scope, then Sprint releases it to their customers, but the problem is if Sprint doesn't pound on P1 or P1 drags it's feet we have the situation we have now...
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    Keyboard light never going off when the device is powered up.
    Is the keyboard light supposed to go out?