1.    #1  
    So it locks up when I try to place a call and now it locks up when I try to turn the phone off. On calls it eventually says that the network call failed and I can retry or not. I did a complete hard reset and the symptoms are still there - suggestions? This sucks.
  2.    #2  
    Almost forgot - one of the lockups it gave me an error message to check my SIM card - I'm thinking I got a crappy 64k card (I'm Cingular), thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxprime
    Almost forgot - one of the lockups it gave me an error message to check my SIM card - I'm thinking I got a crappy 64k card (I'm Cingular), thoughts?
    If this happens after a hard reset, and before adding any third-party apps, I'd strongly suspect a SIM or hardware/firmware problem.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the reply, that's what I was afraid of. I figure I'll take it back to Cingular (only had it a week) and get a new one - still a pain in the ***.
  5.    #5  
    Oddly, after re-synching everything up after my hard reset - the phone started working flawlessly again. I also re-checked and re-seated the SIM card and reinserted it. Hopefully it won't crap out again.
    Ah, reseating the SIM was a good move - I should have suggested that. Strange that a sync after the hard reset would knock anything back into place, though.