Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I dropped my precious last night, now it has minor scratches and bruises. But, the funny thing is that I just did a warrenty exchange becaused I dropped and scratched the previous 650. So I made up a story about reset loops and they exchange it. I only had this new one for two days and I dropped it, and its scratched and bruised worse than thw previous one. Do you guys think I can get another exchange within a short period? Should I go to another Sprint PCS location other than the one I just went to? What are your thoughts? Has anyone dropped their Treo and if so how hard was it scarred.
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    Why not just buy a nice cover for it and take care of the current scratches and FUTURE scratches in one step?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueCrimeNY
    I dropped my precious last night, now it has minor scratches and bruises. But, the funny thing is that I just did a warrenty exchange becaused I dropped and scratched the previous 650. So I made up a story about reset loops and they exchange it. I only had this new one for two days and I dropped it, and its scratched and bruised worse than thw previous one. Do you guys think I can get another exchange within a short period? Should I go to another Sprint PCS location other than the one I just went to? What are your thoughts? Has anyone dropped their Treo and if so how hard was it scarred.

no offense but its not the treo's fault, keep it and dont cause insurance to go up thats fraud
    mt , ps i do feel your pain
    dumbass. why should sprint pay for your carelessness?
    A Treo case maybe?
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    if you blatantly defraud the company, you will be commiting a "true crime in ny"
    bah! that's fraud man, its your fault and not the treo's fault, keep it, live with it, let it be a reminder for you not to be clumsy!
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    besides it's gonna get scratched anyway might as well be sooner so you won't be so uptight about it....Me, I took a belt sander to my treo so it wouldn't be a virgin anymore!
    --Just got my Treo 650 on Valentines day. Now my Sony UX50 and Nokia 6820 are in the dresser resting comfortably next to my socks Unlocked gsm. Hardware:A Firmware:01.14 Software:Treo650-1.05-ROW Palm OS:Garnet v. 5.4.5 ...in case you were wondering
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    The E&B Copilot case is a great solution...
    1- Can't fall off your belt cause it's a loop, not a clip.
    2- Since there is no clip it's not too bulky to put in a jacket or even a pants pocket.

But it doesn't protect against clumsy hands, so you could always keep on returning good phones at Sprint's expense and eventually drive up either a) monthly insurance costs or b) the deductable.

Thanks!
    Sooner or later it's bound to be later...
    Return your Treo and buy a 10 dollar flip phone. You dont deserve one! These things are our babies and should be treated that way
    who's with him?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Get you a Krusell 650 case. Then the only thing that can get scratched will be you antenna.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  13.    #13  
    Geez, you guys are cold. its not like you guys never pulled a fast one on sprint before. Please don't act like you all are so caring, about sprint pcs. Wasn't half of you guys in another thread trying to scam Sprint out of hundreds of dollars in coupons for software from handango. Yeah I thought so. Also, if they testedthe phone and nothing was wrong with it they would have never exchange it. So obviously they found something wrong and exchaned it.
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    i will say that i dropped my old t600 and it just never was the same.....i hang onto my new t650 (gave my 600 to my brother) like its the last one of its kind. always in a sleeve (the one that came with my 600) or glued to my hands.

i think u should get a Krussel sleeve to hide the damage. that might make u feel better. if not that just live with the scratches or SELL your current one and BUY a new one.....they're still getting top dollar on ebay
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    who's with him?
    http://home.comcast.net/~lkrakauer/WWSSC99/oathr.jpg
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
  16.    #16  
    Why should I sell it and buy another one when I can get one for free. Its not like it dosen't reset on me when I'm on the phone and versamail is fetching email. Its not like it doesn't freeze up on me when listening to Real Player. Its noy like there is no crackling in the speaker when listening to MP3's. Yes these are things that we've learned to live with, but its not sopposed to happen. So when I ask for an exchange, at least I have valid problems.
    Hmmm, rationalization? Pretty weak.

Why should I sell it and buy another one when I can get one for free. Its not like it dosen't reset on me when I'm on the phone and versamail is fetching email. Its not like it doesn't freeze up on me when listening to Real Player. Its noy like there is no crackling in the speaker when listening to MP3's. Yes these are things that we've learned to live with, but its not sopposed to happen. So when I ask for an exchange, at least I have valid problems.
    Last edited by Ohmster; 02/19/2005 at 01:29 PM.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    this guy is even more of a tool than previously thought.
    The reason Sprint easily replaces your Treo (and it's not through insurance btw, it's a straight up warranty exchange) is because it costs them next to nothing to refurbish and resell a phone, compared to having an unhappy customer. Plus if you exchange it you get a refurbished phone anyway. No big losses going on here, I say exchange it.

well, maybe all a result of you having dropped it. anyhow, it's your phone, your life, do what you want with it! but exchanging it if it doesn't have any problems and only blemishes is fraudulent at its best.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast