1.    #1  
    My Cingular 650 only shows call duration for a brief moment once a call has ended. There is no way to look up call history and see minutes used, like the old Treo 600 offered. Seems like an oversight by Palm, but what else is new?

Anyone know of some good third party programs that can track call usage, that are both reliable and inexpensive?
    To pull up the Call Log while you're on the phone app, just click on the green phone button. A menu should pop up showing Dial Pad, Call Log and your most recent calls. Click on Call Log then click on Details to see minutes used on each of the calls. Hope this helps.
    "Once a new technology rolls over you, if you're not part of the steamroller, you're part of the road." - Stewart Brand
  3.    #3  
    Interesting! I'm familiar with the process of calling up the call log, but my Cingular 650 does not show the minutes used. When I pull up the call log, and click on details, all I get is Name, Number, Date, Time, and Roaming. Their is no call duration shown. On my old Treo 600 it would show call duration.

So, are you saying that your GSM Treo 650 shows the call duration via the call log? Mine definately doesn't. Anyone else seeing the same problem I am?
    Mine Cingular 650 doesn't show call duration either...although in the manual on page 52, it says that the call duration is in the details screen of the call log. Not there when I look though...
    Hmmm... I have the unlocked GSM and in the call details, it shows the duration of each call in minutes and seconds-- just like in the T600. Something tells me Cingular had that feature disabled.
    "Once a new technology rolls over you, if you're not part of the steamroller, you're part of the road." - Stewart Brand
    Quote Originally Posted by treomeo
    Hmmm... I have the unlocked GSM and in the call details, it shows the duration of each call in minutes and seconds-- just like in the T600. Something tells me Cingular had that feature disabled.
    Same here on my unlocked GSM. Hit the phone button while in the Phone app to get the call history summary, choose "Call Log" near the top of the list, and choose "Details" on any single call entry to see the full info (time, date, duration, etc.).

This info doesn't appear to be exposed to other apps or the desktop, so if you're looking to pull this into some expense app or client tracking system, you'll probably need to find a third-party app somewhere.
  7.    #7  
    Any chance someone can use FileZ to attach a non branded GSM phone log prc file. Maybe installing the non Cingular branded phone files would fix the problem? It's worth a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike1
    Any chance someone can use FileZ to attach a non branded GSM phone log prc file. Maybe installing the non Cingular branded phone files would fix the problem? It's worth a try.
    Why not just ask Cingular why they're providing a product which doesn't match with the manual. Or more to the point, what are they trying to hide?
    This is common in the Sprint 600 and 650 you have to install this phone log .prc to have the call duration show. Don't know why they disabled this in the GSM phones. This will survive a soft reset, but not a hard one, so save the file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Has the Phone_logo(call duration).prc been tested on a Cingular GSM Treo650?
    Thx
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
    The unlocked GSM does show the minutes. So, what is the right file to extract from the unlocked GSM? There isn't any Phone_logo file in ROM. There is Phone (652kb), Phone_CROW (168b), Phone_CROW_enUS (362b), Phone_enUS (78kb). Based on the Sprint file, it seems like Phone_enUS is the only right that seems the right size. If I knew which file it was I could send it.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    It works on my unlocked cingular treo 650.
    It doesn't work on locked. I even tried the shadowmite overlay thing and it won't load, giving a hotsync error message.
    Load on an SD card and copy to RAM instead
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    This is common in the Sprint 600 and 650 you have to install this phone log .prc to have the call duration show. Don't know why they disabled this in the GSM phones. This will survive a soft reset, but not a hard one, so save the file.
    This has the additional effect of getting rid of the Cingular "welcome" and "goodbye" screens...

My "1" soft key now has an yellow envelope on it... voicemail?

- mvk
    My locked Cingular 650 gives me call durations. When in call log, if I select call and the detail button, it shows me name, #, date, time of call, duration of call, and whether I roaming. I do have the select network hack on board. Maybe this is the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by drpinkydo
    My locked Cingular 650 gives me call durations. When in call log, if I select call and the detail button, it shows me name, #, date, time of call, duration of call, and whether I roaming. I do have the select network hack on board. Maybe this is the difference.
    Yes, the select network hack/overlay also includes the call duration.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."