1.    #1  
    I have a couple of adandoned apps on my 650 that are taking up valuable RAM real estate. What can I do to delete these files that the system doesn't seem to want to let go of?
    Go Gators!
    Try FileZ from www.nosleep.net. Be careful what you delete. Also, if you ever decide to start from scratch, try uninstall manager from www.northglide.com. It is great to remove apps and all their associated files.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    if you hold the up button while pressing the reset button you will perform a boot reset. a boot reset does.....

Quote Originally Posted by z3bum
    It boots the Treo with no extensions loaded. You can then delete apps that normally can't be deleted, or clean up things. Once tidied, you must do a soft reset (just click the reset button) to reboot properly. Hope this helps.
    If I install FileZ, will it clean up any left over files from other programs that I have uninstalled. I have no idea on what some of those listed files are but the memory is getting pretty close to full and I am no power user by any stretch. I wish I had started with uninstall manager.

I would do it myself but would probably render my 650 useless after some deleting.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maryann
    If I install FileZ, will it clean up any left over files from other programs that I have uninstalled. I have no idea on what some of those listed files are but the memory is getting pretty close to full and I am no power user by any stretch. I wish I had started with uninstall manager.

I would do it myself but would probably render my 650 useless after some deleting.

Thanks
    No, FileZ will not clean up left over files associated with app files you delete. Your best bet is to start from scratch and install Uninstall Manager first. I did that, and every time I delete an app there are always a couple of stragglers I would have missed were it not for Uninstall Manager.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    zboater do you use the cleaner with that app?? if so any pointers on how to use it> when i run cleaner i get all these files that might be able to be removed but im not so sure any tips??
    mt