Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    I have read the thread on BackupBuddyVFS vs Backupman. I have the latest version of both. I was using the latest version of Backupman Beta B152b5 when my first 650 had to be exchanged due to sound quality. I used Backupman Beta B152b5 to restore to my new unit and most of the files that I could tell restored except some new midis I installed.

    I was somewhat relieved. When I tried to sync to my desktop, my 650 continued to reset. I had to do a hard reset and re-install all my programs and data from scratch to fix the problem. This is what I tried to avoid which is the reason I have Backupman to begin with.

    Has anyone restored from a hard reset with either BackupBuddyVFS 3.07 or Backupman Beta B152b5 with success? I can experiment but is quite time consuming.
  2. #2  
    Sounds like this is the issue that has been talked about at length here in several threads. If I am not mistaken, the issue is backing up with BackupMan 1.52b2 with the radio on results in a corrupt database which upon hotsync leads to a reset loop.

    After you get everything set, try out BackupBuddyVFS Pro 3.07 it works well with or without the radio on and I have restored from a hard reset as well as individual files several times successfully.

    Incidentally, I was unable to get BackupMan to work either, even with the beta.

    Best of Luck, try a search; there is a lot of good info on this subject here...

    Cheers
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    Sounds like this is the issue that has been talked about at length here in several threads. If I am not mistaken, the issue is backing up with BackupMan 1.52b2 with the radio on results in a corrupt database which upon hotsync leads to a reset loop.

    After you get everything set, try out BackupBuddyVFS Pro 3.07 it works well with or without the radio on and I have restored from a hard reset as well as individual files several times successfully.

    Incidentally, I was unable to get BackupMan to work either, even with the beta.

    Best of Luck, try a search; there is a lot of good info on this subject here...

    Cheers

    Thanks for the info, appreciate the help.
  4. #4  
    not sure I undrstand the need for 3rd party backup sw. I had to hard reset my 600 a few weeks back and the standard Palm hotsynch software restored everything without a hitch !
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sanovak3681
    not sure I undrstand the need for 3rd party backup sw. I had to hard reset my 600 a few weeks back and the standard Palm hotsynch software restored everything without a hitch !
    1- The desktop machine is not always accessible when needed
    2- Some 3rd party apps do not natively backup to the desktop via hot sync
    3- Ability to selectively restore individual apps/related databases
  6. #6  
    I've done many backups after hard resets with BackupBuddyVFS. Great app.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnetb
    Has anyone restored from a hard reset with either BackupBuddyVFS 3.07 or Backupman Beta B152b5 with success? I can experiment but is quite time consuming.[/COLOR]
    I have. I used BackupBuddyVFS 3.07. There was once file it did want to restore, something about midi ringtones. Other than that the restore went great. I have some checkpoints saved on the SD card in case I have to go back further.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  8. #8  
    I have restored from both and has very few problems. The only restore errors I have encountered were log type file that were recreated once the app launched. You need to make sure you don't have any "ghosts" in the backup folder on your desktop. You may get a clean restore from BackupBuddy or BackupMan and then do a sync and if you have an app in the backup folder that causes problems, it will be put back on your Treo. I quit using the desktop as a backup quite awhile ago and now rely on BackupBuddy and BackupMan. I have not had any issues.
  9. #9  
    I actualy used BackupBuddyVFS last night and did a restore from a hard reset. It restored all my files and programs just fine. It could not restore two files, but I think that was because it was tthe palm DBs.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by kabish
    I actualy used BackupBuddyVFS last night and did a restore from a hard reset. It restored all my files and programs just fine. It could not restore two files, but I think that was because it was tthe palm DBs.
    I would encourage you to email the developer and let him know which files you had a problem with. v3.07 has preliminary Treo support, so I assume more improvements are coming. The more constructive feedback the developer gets, the better he can make his product.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  11. #11  
    BBVFS 3.07 worked like a champ for me several times.
  12. tmt
    tmt is offline
    tmt's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    #12  
    I have successfully restored my 650 using BackupBuddyVFS 2.15 - the older version. Worked perfectly, twice. BBVFS 3.07 has some nice features but is not strictly necessary for the 650.

Posting Permissions