Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. teambnet's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
       #1  
    I've played around with the photos and gotten them properly into my Mac but when I do the same with video quicktime want's to have none of it. I've tried importing, changing extension.

    For reference I'm running 10.3.7 with QT 6.5.2 and MissingSync 4.0.3. I didn't install the Palm desktop or anything from the disk. Any suggestions?
  2. #2  
    I have a friend that has a MAC and he can play my .3g2 videos with no issues. I can also play them on my home PC (windoze). What version of QT do you have? You may need PRO or the latest version.

    ALso, see if this link helps?
    http://www.apple.com/mpeg4/3gpp/
  3. burrzoo's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    I have a friend that has a MAC and he can play my .3g2 videos with no issues. I can also play them on my home PC (windoze). What version of QT do you have? You may need PRO or the latest version.

    ALso, see if this link helps?
    http://www.apple.com/mpeg4/3gpp/
    I believe that is the answer. I have QT (6.5.2) but "PRO" on my PowerBook (10.3.7) and these 3GP movies play effortlessly. "PRO" unlocks a lot of potential in free QT.
  4. #4  
    How do you get the video and pics onto your Mac? I am running 10.3.8 and Missing Sync 4.03, but can't find the pics and video form the Treo 650 on my Powerbook and a sync. The Media conduit is enabled.

    thanks
  5. teambnet's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burrzoo
    I believe that is the answer. I have QT (6.5.2) but "PRO" on my PowerBook (10.3.7) and these 3GP movies play effortlessly. "PRO" unlocks a lot of potential in free QT.
    According to the link in Burkhardi's post QT 6 free or Pro has native support for the whole family of gp codecs. I'm running pro and I have been unable to get any video clips created by the camera app to play on my Mac or my PC. I know they work because I can play them on the Treo using the media application.

    I'm wondering if those who have played back successfully are using the same program version. My Treo 650 is a new unlocked GSM. According to 'Info' I have two camera programs (1.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.38) and a CameraLib-caml (v3.0)

    Is anyone with those program versions able to successfully get playback on their PC or Mac?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by teambnet
    According to the link in Burkhardi's post QT 6 free or Pro has native support for the whole family of gp codecs. I'm running pro and I have been unable to get any video clips created by the camera app to play on my Mac or my PC. I know they work because I can play them on the Treo using the media application.

    I'm wondering if those who have played back successfully are using the same program version. My Treo 650 is a new unlocked GSM. According to 'Info' I have two camera programs (1.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.38) and a CameraLib-caml (v3.0)

    Is anyone with those program versions able to successfully get playback on their PC or Mac?
    I have exactly the same versions of the Camera program on the same Treo gsm unlocked and the only way I was able to get them to my Mac uncorrupted is:

    1) if I copy them to the SD card, I than put the SD card into a PC card adpator I have and insert the adaptor with the card into my Powerbook's PC card slot

    2) if I use Missing Sync 4.03, I can see them on the mounted card and copy them to the Powerbook, but they are corrupt. I have now done that twice on 2 different days with the same result.

    3) I also tried to use the Media conduit in Missing Sync 4.03, but the files don't get transferred to the Powerbook. I'm still waiting to hear from the wonderful Tech Support the Missing Sync - now 3 days and counting. They should call the app "Missing Support". Are you listening Mark-Space?

    If you don't have the PC card adaptor, try a USB reader for SD media. I think the reason the files are not playing, is becauase they are getting corrupted.

    I can send you the wonderful video of my dog, if you want to try how it will play on your Powerbook. Just send me your email to ttres@spamcop.net
  7. #7  
    I have an unlocked GSM 650 and MacOS 10.3.8, Missing Sync 4.0.3, QuickTime 6.5.2.

    I can create a video on the Treo and send it over Bluetooth (direct OBEX push, not through any syncing) to my desktop, and play the video there with QuickTime, no problems. Choose the video/image in Media on the Treo, open the menu, choose "Send...", and choose the Bluetooth option.

    If I try to copy the video to the SD card using the Media app on the Palm, then mount the SD card on my Mac using Missing Sync, and copy the video from the SD card, I get an error from QuickTime that the file cannot be loaded. The byte counts between the two video files (transferred over BT vs. transferred over MissingSync) are slightly different. Possibly the video header is being corrupted during the MissingSync transfer, but I'm just guessing.

    When I sync using Missing Sync with the Media conduit activated, any media I have in my library on the Treo shows up in the "Photos/offline copy location/Internal" directory of the sync user profile on the desktop. Video files transferred this way work just fine with QuickTime.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimf
    I have an unlocked GSM 650 and MacOS 10.3.8, Missing Sync 4.0.3, QuickTime 6.5.2.

    I can create a video on the Treo and send it over Bluetooth (direct OBEX push, not through any syncing) to my desktop, and play the video there with QuickTime, no problems. Choose the video/image in Media on the Treo, open the menu, choose "Send...", and choose the Bluetooth option.

    If I try to copy the video to the SD card using the Media app on the Palm, then mount the SD card on my Mac using Missing Sync, and copy the video from the SD card, I get an error from QuickTime that the file cannot be loaded. The byte counts between the two video files (transferred over BT vs. transferred over MissingSync) are slightly different. Possibly the video header is being corrupted during the MissingSync transfer, but I'm just guessing.

    When I sync using Missing Sync with the Media conduit activated, any media I have in my library on the Treo shows up in the "Photos/offline copy location/Internal" directory of the sync user profile on the desktop. Video files transferred this way work just fine with QuickTime.
    I just tried the direct send form the Media app on the Treo and it worked.
    Thanks for the tip. I had to re-select the location in Bluetooth prefs, it was putting the files onto the top level of my documents folder.

    If I use the missing sync to mount the SD card, I get the same error as you - there's bug in Missing Sync for sure.

    But I can't find the files transferred using the Media conduit if they in fact transfer. Could you specify the exact path where your pics/video end up? I am little confused by your description "Photos/offline copy location/Internal" directory of the sync user profile on the desktop." I looked and looked and I can't find any of my pics or video after a sync anywhere in my Powerbook user directory.
    thanks
  9. #9  
    By default, the sync profiles are kept in ~/Documents/Palm/Users. So if your sync ID is "Jane Smith", then your Media files should be in "~/Documents/Palm/Users/Jane Smith/Photos/offline copy location/Internal". This is assuming you're using the same version of Missing Sync and your sync profiles are stored in the same place in your config.
  10. #10  
    For anybody not using Missing Sync, I'm syncing with Palm Desktop and the videos are stored in Movies/palmOne Videos/UserName/Internal/. The pics go into Pictures/palmOne Photos/UserName/Internal.
  11. #11  
    I looked and I don't have these folders stored in the Movies and Pictures folder. I expected at least the same functionality with Missing Sync as with Palm Desktop. I have no idea why I don't have these folders and how to fix it. Also, I don't know if they are created by Palm Desktop or Missing Sync, probably by Palm desktop.

    Hopefully, one day Mark Space will help. Apparently one does not need Palm Desktop anymore, so de-installing and re-installing Missing Sync may not be trivial.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomm
    I looked and I don't have these folders stored in the Movies and Pictures folder. I expected at least the same functionality with Missing Sync as with Palm Desktop. I have no idea why I don't have these folders and how to fix it. Also, I don't know if they are created by Palm Desktop or Missing Sync, probably by Palm desktop.

    Hopefully, one day Mark Space will help. Apparently one does not need Palm Desktop anymore, so de-installing and re-installing Missing Sync may not be trivial.
    Well, I don't know. I've never installed Missing Sync so I'm pretty sure they're created by Palm Desktop. I installed the newer version of Palm Desktop that came on the CD. BTW mines on Sprint...
  13. #13  
    If I re-install Palm desktop over MS, it may royally screw things up, including iSync. Perhaps I could try to install that Palm desktop on another computer and than copy the created folders onto my Powerbook. Or wait to see when if ever Mark Space tries to help.
  14. teambnet's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
       #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomm
    I expected at least the same functionality with Missing Sync as with Palm Desktop. I have no idea why I don't have these folders and how to fix it. Also, I don't know if they are created by Palm Desktop or Missing Sync, probably by Palm desktop.
    While I wasn't expecting identical functionality I was expecting that file transfer would be one area that wouldn't have problems seeing as Mark/Space had licked this issue with the Clie memory stick mounting.

    I'm still interested in finding out what configurations are getting people to have desktop playback of their videos (subsidized or unlocked, OS version, missing sync or palm desktop hotsync, and method for sync). I may post a new thread to pin down the culprit.

    I'm not wild about installing Palm Desktop then having to reinstall Missing Sync just to get the media conduit. Anyone know if and how it's possible to get just that conduit?

    UPDATE:

    I was able to email and view a small video clip confirming that it is the missing sync file transfer that's doing this. Anyone have problems with missing sync and the Palm media conduit?
    Last edited by teambnet; 02/22/2005 at 03:06 PM.
  15. #15  
    I find Missing Sync to be nuthin' but overreated, CPU intensive trouble. I can't handle any software that modifies another vendors software. I'm using HotSync Manager with iSync and my movies and photos are appearing in the current locations, and QT happily plays them.

    Note to those that didn't RTFM, only photos and video TAKEN by the 650's camera will appear on your Mac... not those acquired through Bluetooth or the SD Card.
  16. #16  
    Have any of you tried playing the .3gp files with VLC? I've played .3gp files from my Nokia phone just fine with QT. VLC had some problems with the audio, though.

Posting Permissions