1.    #1  
    My Treo 650 has been used extensively in the 24 hours since I set it up.

So far so good. Only one reset and that was when I tried to switch to an Agfa font in eReader Pro. Switched back to standard eReader font and didn't happen again.

I am still getting used to the keyboard - keep wanting to write with the stylus - but I am getting there.

But I am taking a cautious path to migrating from my T3 to the 650. So far, I have only installed 3 additional apps - Missing Sync 4.03, eReader Pro and Beiks dictionary. I may carefully introduce a new app every couple of days over the next week - but only after searching this forum for problem reports and also making sure that I have the latest version.

I was careful not to bring across anything from my T3 Hotsync Backup. Even though I've kept the same HotSync name, I copied the old folder into a different location and changed its name. Missing Sync has run well and has successfully brought acrosss all my contacts, calendar, tasks and notes from Entourage on my Mac. All the stuff that I had on a 1Gb SD card is accessible (mp3, photos, dictionary).

I have sent and received SMS and email. I've surfed the web. I have used all the PDA applications. And I sent and received phone calls. I have set up and used "favourites" in the phone application.

I've got to say that, so far, I am very impressed. Maybe my expectations wern't as high a others (ny previous smart phone was a Sony Ericsson P900), this Treo 650 is an excellent piece of technology.

Well done Palm.

Regards
    Peter
    Nice post Peter, I couldn't agree more with your comments. I have had to do one hard reset already because of blind installation of numerous programs, one of which (or in combination with others) corrupted my datebook db. My only fix was to do a hard reset and this time I am slowly adding back in the programs that I truly need after using the Treo for more than a week.

Having come over from the Pocket PC world and the Windows Smartphone OS world (and numerous other "dumb" phones) the Treo650 is a MARVELLOUS convergence of PDA and phone. Sure, it's not perfect, but it has to be the best combination I have used so far. It's truly amazing when something that may seem so small to some people actually works (for example, being able to send an SMS to an email address!)

I did find some bugs in the Versamail program that caused me some resets within the first day of getting the Treo. And for my email needs Snappermail seemed to better fit the bill than the builtin freebie. And Snappermail is great.

I agree, well done Palm.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    It's funny to see these posts from those of you claiming to have no problems after a whopping 24 hours. Give it a good 27 and see what happens!
    Check out uninstall manager www.northglide.com. You may find it useful before you install any apps on your Treo.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    I wish I could report the same. I've had the 650 (gsm) for a week and it freezes all the time if the phone is on. It seems to work great as a PDA, but the phone makes everything S.L.O.W, delays of a minute between taps, and lockups requiring battery removal. The slow response is especially frustrating when trying to respond to telephone prompts. I'm sending this one back. I have little confidence to try another. I have 1gb SD and ZLauncher installed, that's it.
    I've had mine since the day-one Sprint launch. Never a problem except for a dead pixel on my initial model which was replaced next day no questions asked.

I feel sorry for you people who have messed up your phones by not reading the forums first.
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by GADzilla
    I've had mine since the day-one Sprint launch. Never a problem except for a dead pixel on my initial model which was replaced next day no questions asked.

I feel sorry for you people who have messed up your phones by not reading the forums first.
    I agree a lot of problems have been brought on by people messing with their Treos and 3rd party non-certified software, but a lot of problems are also carrier related. When people do hard resets and use their phone clean, yet the voice mail number becomes corrputed, the phone resets when dialing or answering, etc., there is no amount of forum reading that will prevent what is obviously a compatibility problem with the carriers config/SIM and the Treo 650.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Well, let's reiterate that some of these problems are not self-inflicted.

No need to be so self-righteous.

9. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I too am very happy with the 650 and impressed with all the little and not so little improvements over the 600. So far no major problems to report and no hard resets required after 3 days of hard use. Mine has been just as stable as my 600. Knock on wood.
    Should a new 650 user have to read these forums to achieve 650 nirvana? If so, each Treo should have a 'Read Me First' sticker adhered to the screen that instructs all users to first read a minimum of 500 posts at TC before changing any settings or adding third party software.

Don't get me wrong, I love our 650's. They both have souped up custom ROMs (thanks Shadowmite), tons of apps, and are rock solid. No way no how, without virtually residing on this forum for 4-5 weeks.

But that really shouldn't be the norm for those who are expecting full functionality out of the box and have little aspirations at customizing to any high degree.

PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    hi guys
    have had my 650 for about four weeks and again touch wood not had any probelms. came from a T and did backup and clean install. have had 4 soft resets but 3 of these were due a 3rd party app that since I dumped it it has been fine. Only trialing butler and phone technician and these don not seem to be causing any probelms. also added aeroplayer and this ok. will add powerun in the next week or so. am based in bangkok but have used it in Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan and no probs. Versamail works fine, network time setting has been great, blazer has locked up a few times but no biggy just go back to main screen and back in again and it works fine. I was never wireless with my T and I cannot believe how I got by. this thing makes business so easy (particularly as I travel oversea almost every week). No messing around in hotel business centers or setting up the laptop. This thing rocks. am posting this from my 650 whilst sitting in my garden. it surfs quicker than my dialup and have not used the pc at home to surf since I got this.
    Cheers
    BBKBAZ
  12.    #12  
    I am going to strart a new thread called "What I like about my Treo 650". Hopefully people will post some of the conveniences that they've discovered or the apps that are working well and making their life easier. If you got any ideas jump on over to that thread. What do I do to ask the administrators to make it a sticky thread?